PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

LongIslandZagFan
08-27-2007, 05:51 AM
LIZF and either Mrs. LIZF or a buddy of mine are looking to make the trip up to Boston on December 1st against the Uconn Huskies. Does anyone know if the school will be selling tix or should I start scouring ticketmaster when the game gets closer?

ZAGduck
08-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Season ticket holders received ticket order forms for GAS, HOF and BIS last week. The choices are $130 for lower level or $80 for middle level.

LongIslandZagFan
08-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks ZagDuck.

spudzag
08-27-2007, 07:31 AM
I received the offer too and am not a season ticket holder but a Bulldog Club member. I would think you could get in on that deal.

LongIslandZagFan
08-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Not a BC member at this time.

Rubbadub
08-27-2007, 08:24 AM
http://www.hoophall.com/genrel/071007aaa.html

Tickets for the doubleheader go on sale September 4th at all Ticketmaster locations as well as Ticketmaster.com. Each school will have tickets available to its students and alumni in August. For corporate packages, please contact Game Seven Sports at 859.317.2200 x2206. Complete event information can be found on www.game-seven.com or www.hoophall.com.

ZaginLaw
08-27-2007, 07:44 PM
I am fairly suprised that there hasn't been discussion(s) here on the ticket prices jumping $15 in the "lower bowl" for the BIS. Wasn't it $60 the previous years? Lots of discussion on ticket prices verbally amongst Alumni that are in my circle.

Many amongst our circle are opting for watching GU in the WCC for significantly less ticket prices (1/3 the price) two/three rows up from courtside. Are there any bad seats in a WCC arena at those prices???

IMO the promoters are going to price themselves right out of fans in the seats soon. $75 dollars is close to NBA ticket prices, which are substantially purchased by corporations. I don't think the same model will fit GU games, especially outside of Spokane.

Funny that $75 will could get you great seats (first few rows) or average seat in the middle of the arena seats (top of the lower bowl).

What price do people here think would prohibit a "sell out" and make people watch the game on TV in the comfort of their home or at a bar near Key Arena? $75 will buy a lot of beer, food, and more beer.

BoltZag
08-28-2007, 08:59 AM
What price do people here think would prohibit a "sell out" and make people watch the game on TV

Although BiS has never sold out, it's within a couple thousand each year, and those lowers are ALWAYS sold out. I'm not crazy about paying $75 (plus service fees)...who would be...but they will sell.

As a comparison, I paid $62ea for 2nd row seats at the Hall of Fame Challenge in Phoenix last year...and that was a doubleheader.