PDA

View Full Version : Joe Lunardi's updated Jan 2nd brackets are out..

Reborn
01-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Gonzaga is now a 6 in the Spokane bracket. As of today's brackets GU would play #11 Minnesotta, and if won we'd most likely play the #3 seed Oregon. In the round of 16 the Zags would be matched up against #2 seed Oklahoma St. The #1 seed in our bracket is Wisconsin. I like it alot. I would love to play two teams from the Pac 12 to try to get to the Sweet 16, and then play Oklahoma St to reach the Elite 8. And if there is ever a #1 seed that I would like to see GU face it would be Wisconsin because we've had pretty good luck against them. It' my opinion that there is very little difference between the 4,5 and 6 seeds. It sure would be nice though if the Zags could end up in Spokane.

St Mary's is a #9 seed playing New Mexico in San Diego. The winner of that game would play Arizona.

BYU has fallen from grace. At this point only two teams from the WCC.

exclusivelee
01-02-2014, 11:01 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

VaBeachZAG
01-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Gonzaga is now a 6 in the Spokane bracket.

Doesn't seem very credible to me. While I don't think a 6 seed is unrealistic, I just doubt the committee would reward GU with games in Spokane as a 6. If past history is any indicator, the Zags will probably be playing far from home. A 4 seed = Spokane. Any higher seed = other side of the moon.

Oregonzagnut
01-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Considering it is a snapshot in time and we only have 2 losses it is pretty credible. Just keep winning.

Ekrub
01-02-2014, 11:29 AM
That bracket would be a gift. We certainly could lose any of those games, but we couldn't expect anything easier.

Reborn
01-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Considering it is a snapshot in time and we only have 2 losses it is pretty credible. Just keep winning.

This is a big part of my matra, "Just keep winning, one game at a time." I want this thought to be with all week long, and especially, in full power, on game day. Oh does it sound like I think fans make a difference? If you said yes, then you are right. If the Zags are not playing for Zagnation (a term we hardly ever hear anymore) who are they playing for? I know how much they love ZagNation, and they will give 110% tonight to not let us down. We can all count on that.

kclubfounder
01-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I predict the actual tournament brackets turn out different. I've never seen anyone accurately predict what the tournament brackets will look like at this point of the season. There just is too much basketball yet to be played.

Reborn
01-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Just for today and tomorrow and until the next brackets come out, I can dream that we are in Spokane playing Minnesotta and Oregon. It's a pleasant thought, so let me savor this moment for a week. Thanks!!!

Go Zags!!!

BaldguyZag
01-02-2014, 08:22 PM
After what we saw from St. Mary's tonight I have to say they just might be on the outside looking in come tourney time!