PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Olynyk Coming up HUGE off the bench!!!

CodeCobalt
12-31-2013, 10:23 PM
WOW, did anyone see the celtics/hawks game tonight!?!? Kelly Olynyk came off the celtics bench to score 21 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks and only 2 personal fouls (fewest fouls of his NBA career and the most points!). He scored the most points for the C's tied for most assists and he just REALLY, REALLY brought it tonight. I think he used his off time during the injury to build up his confidence and to learn to play in the very physical NBA.

When I lived in MA I met Rajon Rondo and we kind of hit it off. then when I found Olynyk was going to the celtics I asked him to help Olynyk adjust. I know they've been hanging out and man I can't wait until the C's have Rondo and Olynyk on the floor together.

Very hopeful for both Olynyk and the celtics.

Marcus
12-31-2013, 10:54 PM
http://youtu.be/crWfC6Zy64U
Kelly's highlights from today, hope this works.

CodeCobalt
12-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Oh it works! He found his NBA 3! So pumped for him. I was ecstatic when I found out he was going to the celtics. Player from my favorite college team going to my favorite NBA team (minus the sonics.. but yea they're gone). I want to get his jersey really bad, but really can't see myself wearing a basketball jersey.

Marcus
12-31-2013, 11:09 PM
I like the fact that he was tied for the most assists on the team. This is the second game this year I think where he has led or tied for most assists. If I'm not mistaken he leads the team in offensive rebounding too. He has been up and down but has had some injuries. Once he gets more confidence I hope this kind of game will become the norm.

CodeCobalt
01-01-2014, 12:06 AM
yea, this was actually a low rebounding game for him. Maybe now that he's got his shot back the C's are looking to use him as more of a deepthreat and spreading the defense to allow other guys to get in for the rebounds. He's such a versatile player that they can switch it up with him alot and always keep the defense guessing

ZagMan in Philly
01-01-2014, 05:33 AM
Was a good game for Kelly yesterday. Some of his passes were right on, not easy for a seven footer. Great to see him finished the game when the game is on the line.
He kept the ball alive with 4 seconds left (great hustling), and I was hoping they would give him the ball to win the game.

Ezag
01-01-2014, 10:15 AM
http://youtu.be/crWfC6Zy64U
Kelly's highlights from today, hope this works.

That last play was fantastic......hope he can keep this consistent.....still looks like a 7 foot guard LOL

Marcus
01-01-2014, 10:49 AM
The last play was amazing, I agree. Not something a lot of 7ft guys can do. I look at Kelly and and always dream of just how good the Zags could be if he was still here. He could play with Karno as the 4 or with Sam as the 5. Can you imagine a line up of Kevin, Gary, Angel, Sam, Kelly, Wow! Anyway, I think he made the right decision for himself. He has all that guaranteed money and I don't think he would be drafted as high this summer no matter how dominant he would have been.

Marcus
01-01-2014, 11:28 AM
There is a really funny thread on Olynyk on the real gm Celtic board.
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1294259

Mantua
01-01-2014, 04:14 PM
I can hardly wait until Rajon is back. The Celts need leadership. The box score tells it all with the pluses all in the bench stat lines save one for Sullinger. It appears that the bench players are being well coached and being coachable. The starters are all over the place.

Kelly was fantastic. He seems to be getting more comfortable, daring to play his game. I am a little concerned that he is not under the basket on both ends quite as much as I would like to see.