PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get tickets at a reasonable cost?

CodeCobalt
12-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Is there any snowballs chance in hell of getting 2 tickets to a home gonzaga mens basketball game? I checked at the beginning of the season and it appears that again they're not doing a game at the spokane Arena... I am a member of the bulldogs club but only at the $250 donation level and I really don't expect to ever get season tickets.

I do work with a few gonzaga students and alumni... I tried looking to see if any tickets were reserved for alumni but didn't find anything. I've thought of asking the students I know to get me tickets but don't know if I'd be allowed in without gonzaga ID, and I've seen the student lines... they're huge and with people waiting for 24 hours, so if I asked one of them to get me tickets it'd prolly still be expensive since they'd have to campout overnight.

Please let me know, and if you ever have an extra 2 tickets I will gladly pay $150 for the pair.

Thanks.

Spike94
12-31-2013, 05:57 AM
I don't know if you live in Spokane or not, and it has been a couple years since I did this, but a buddy and me just went to the MAC and held up small signs that said we were looking for a ticket. We both got them for face value in about 5 minutes. We ended up sitting in different parts of the arena, but we were in. Members please correct me if this has changed and has become not an option for some reason.

RRZagFan
12-31-2013, 06:42 AM
I joined Bulldog club this year at 250.00 level, the only game that I wasn't able to get tickets for was the Washington State game.

gozagswoohoo
12-31-2013, 06:55 AM
Go down to the arena, and carry TWO small mason jars. Stop right near the main entrance to the MAC. Put the jars out in front of you and fill ONE of them (the one on the LEFT. Your left. Not your left as in 'when someone is looking at you, it will be on your left', but YOUR actual left) with butter. The other one needs to be filled with some sort of silk. It doesn't have to be filled to the top, just put some silk in it. Then get a big white sheet of posterboard, and write "SECRECY COMMITTEE 2013 NOMINEE: Order of Events, 997. NO NO NO."

Stand there for about 10 minutes, but don't say a WORD.

gozagswoohoo
12-31-2013, 06:55 AM
Go down to the arena, and carry TWO small mason jars. Stop right near the main entrance to the MAC. Put the jars out in front of you and fill ONE of them (the one on the LEFT. Your left. Not your left as in 'when someone is looking at you, it will be on your left', but YOUR actually left) with butter. The other one needs to be filled with some sort of silk. It doesn't have to be filled to the top, just put some silk in it. Then get a big white sheet of posterboard, and write "SECRECY COMMITTEE 2013 NOMINEE: Order of Events, 997. NO NO NO."

Stand there for about 10 minutes, but don't say a WORD.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with getting you some tickets, I just think it would be really interesting if you did that and let me know what reactions you got. Let us all know.

Zags_Fanatic
12-31-2013, 07:09 AM
They opened up a lot of tix for Bulldog Club members for these first four home games, but I think you had to be at the box office on one day a few weeks ago. Obviously this won't help this season, but keep an eye out for it next year when there are games when students are on break. They typically fill the entire student section with bulldog club members.

FlatheadZag
12-31-2013, 07:20 AM
I drive over from Montana equipped with a sign requesting tickets. Get to the MAC about an hour before the game. I've gotten both one and two tickets (together even) always at face value and even free a few times. I've done this for the past ten years for a game or two and never have failed..

Zaggin' it
12-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Like the other poster said, if you are a member of the Bulldog club at $250 as you say, you should have been able to buy tickets to most of the games this year. I get an e-mail from the athletic department the week of the game with a link to buy tickets. You have to buy them at the time they go on sale because they sell out, but I've gotten tickets to several games this year for face value this way, and had the chance a couple of other times but couldn't because of commitments. If you aren't getting the e-mails, call the ticket office and check why.

ZaGranny
12-31-2013, 08:39 AM
As a Bulldog CLub member you should have gotten a letter before the season with the sales dates and codes for all the games. If you didn't, call and ask for one. Then the day before the sales date, you will get an email. Sometimes, I don't. So before 4:30, if I haven't gotten one, I call the office to check how many tickets are available. We were able to purchase 4 for the games over the break, for example. The trickiest part is that you have to be available at 9:00 AM the next morning--usually Wednesday--to call Tickets West or go online to Tickets West. Tickets have been available for every game but WSU this year. Last year we got tickets to all games except St. Mary's, BYU, and Illinois.

ZaGranny

Zagger
12-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Another fun way to get tickets is to head to Jack & Dan's to watch the game and let the bartender waiter/waitress know you're looking for tickets to the game. Get to J&D's an hour or more before the game. This has worked for us about 1/3 of the time; 2 tickets twice and 1 once - all times free. The first time we were simply asked if we'd like to see the game (didn't have to ask anyone first). If you can't get tickets ... J&D's is a great place to watch the game! Good food, good brew and full of Zags fans!

WBM
12-31-2013, 09:04 AM
I was considering this for next year. The one game I've gotten tickets for had a face-value price of $25 on each ticket. Is that what they cost for Bulldog Club members?

ZaGranny
12-31-2013, 09:09 AM
I was considering this for next year. The one game I've gotten tickets for had a face-value price of $25 on each ticket. Is that what they cost for Bulldog Club members?

Upper level seats are $25. Sometimes there are lower level seats that are $40, and premium seats that are $60 (The first 2 or 3 rows in the student section.) We tried the premium seats once and found they aren't worth it--we were right behind the press table.

ZaGranny

WBM
12-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the info, ZaGranny!

CodeCobalt
12-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Another fun way to get tickets is to head to Jack & Dan's to watch the game and let the bartender waiter/waitress know you're looking for tickets to the game. Get to J&D's an hour or more before the game. This has worked for us about 1/3 of the time; 2 tickets twice and 1 once - all times free. The first time we were simply asked if we'd like to see the game (didn't have to ask anyone first). If you can't get tickets ... J&D's is a great place to watch the game! Good food, good brew and full of Zags fans!

Yea, I've been meaning to check out a game at Jack and Dans. lived in spokane till I was 12, and just moved back at 27 so never been there. What sucks is I'm a cook and I work nights. Gotta have 2 weeks notice for a day off. Maybe I'll give that a try sometime though. Would love to take my dad to a game.

Ezag
01-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Just be careful buying tix off Craigslist, some people where scammed the last game
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/jan/01/zags-beat-dons-but-eight-fans-lose-to-ticket-scam/

Zippyzaggy
01-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Last season I met a guy downtown at the old Safeway parking lot on Third Street and paid $120.00 cash for a set of tixs to a Zag game. I was told by MANY people that they had no problems getting tickets this way and, that this was safe. So off I go Downtown to meet a guy I spoke with on the phone whom I "met" via Craigslist.

Well, surprisingly enough he handed me two printed tickets, which raised my curiosity and concern because I expected the glossy regular ones. He gave me a story about how he gets extra ones and that they must be printed with a code. A code that only he can use to print, and then only print once.

It sounded legit, and he looked honest enough. So being desparate and a trusting soul, and thinking he was a Zag fan (he sure looked clean cut and drove a really nice car), I trusted him and got screwed. It was rejected at the gate as a duplicate.

Later, I called the number back and it was disc. I also had written down his license plate # as a precaution but dammed if it didn't get misplaced!

Needless to say, I have not been to a Zag game. Would LOVE to go but cannot afford to lay out $120 bucks for NOTHING.

Damn crooks....

willandi
01-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Sorry ZZ. Is there any time/case when Zag tickets would be computer printed and not the glossy ones? Might help in the future if somebody shows up and trys to sell crap. Might also be a good time to call 911 and give them the plates...oh. Right! It's Spokane...never mind.

Unless you have Winston Brooks cell #. I'm sure that he cares!

ZaGranny
01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
When you purchase tickets online through the Bulldog Club, you have a choice of will call or print at home. We always do will call, though there is an extra charge. The tickets you get at will call do not look like the season tickets with the player pictures on them. They are about 2" by 5" and have a bar code on one side and a coupon for 10% off at the Zag shop on the other. And a fyi--if you forget your tickets--we left our WBB tickets at home in Sandpoint once last year, and they printed us a set after checking our ID.

The ones you print at home are a full size sheet of printer paper. I printed tickets to the Celtics/Blazers game and the GU game at UP this month and it is possible to print more then one set. They even advise you to save the ticket on your computer so that you can print another copy if you need to.

If you use the phone to purchase tickets through the BC, will call is the only choice.

ZaGranny

RRZagFan
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I have bought all my tickets this year(Bulldog Club) over the phone.Each time tickets west has offered me will call or E ticket option,I have chosen E ticket each time,then have printed them out and the games I can't go to I sell to my coworkers for the price I pay for them. Each ticket has my name on it and the price I paid.Last year I bought an E ticket from a guy and met him at gas station he had crossed his name out but I could still read it from the back of ticket.i was a little nervous that it wasn't a real ticket , it was a real ticket and I went to game.The guys that I sell tickets to are real fans they are just happy to go to game at reasonable price,I know they won't resell them and jack the price up.If you buy off Craigslist be careful.,get persons name .

thibaulm
01-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know the chances of me arriving in Spokane the afternoon on the BYU game and buying tickets? I have tried very hard to obtain them prior but to no avail. Driving from Calgary Alberta to the game.