PDA

View Full Version : - - - GUNIT of the Game (USF) - - -

kitzbuel
12-30-2013, 07:21 PM
The wounded Zags lash out at USF and put a hurting on them. Who is your GUnit?

basketballzag
12-30-2013, 07:23 PM
The wounded Zags lash out at USF and put a hurting on them. Who is your GUnit?

Angel Nunez

willandi
12-30-2013, 07:28 PM
It was Karno that made them leave Barham open! Great game by the big fella...just make a couple more FT's!

DoggieDogpound
12-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Karno played well at both ends.......his defensive presence helped account for SF's low shooting %.

Mantua
12-30-2013, 07:41 PM
The team. Everyone played better defense- a dream come true.

kitzbuel
12-30-2013, 07:41 PM
PK had a solid game, but going with Barham for such a complete game. Great team effort overall!

jazzdelmar
12-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Stocks

bartruff1
12-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Karno played well at both ends.......his defensive presence helped account for SF's low shooting %.

I think so....he pretty much killed their game plan inside...

Baseline
12-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Barham with a shout out to Karno.

Saw a lot I liked tonight that bodes well for the future.

rijman
12-30-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm guessing it was Barham's all around best game, 15 pts, 9 boards, 2 steals and a block

ZagMan in Philly
12-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Stocks
Stocks...nice line 10 pts 4 rebs 7 assists 2 steals (his old man must be so happy the last two games)

exclusivelee
12-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Shem & Barham.

Shem had some sweet assists (alley-oop pass to Angel and a backdoor pass to Coleman)... but free throws still an issue

gozagswoohoo
12-30-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm REALLY torn between Stocks and Barham. Both played well. I tell you what...Stockton seems to get better every game!!

zagzilla
12-30-2013, 08:16 PM
This is the kind of performance from Barham that will force other teams to account for him at all times. This will relieve pressure on other players. WCC takes notice of Drew from here on out and so he gets my GUnit

ZZ

Hoopaholic
12-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Barham complete game on both sides of the court. Big time step up

tyra
12-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Never had a harder time picking. So very much to like. Far and away my favorite game of the year. Karno staying straight up and some guard-like passes. Barham's three point clinic. Coleman starting to play within the offense. Nunez providing some real help as well as Edwards. Stocks having another excellent game. I LOVED this game.

hooter73
12-30-2013, 09:40 PM
So many good things but the complete Gunit goes to DB

2wiceright
12-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Drew-G-Unit....Great Game!

Beat St. Marys Saturday!!!

GrizZAG
12-31-2013, 05:11 AM
About the "GU Unit Poll"

Something of note is how many players share this exalted fan based honor winning our little "GU Unit" poll after games. Stockton has been there and now DB. Is it possible for someone to assemble how many GU Unit wins there have been by Player? Obviously our leader Kevin Pangos is going to be dominant on this, but my recall is that this title moves around quite a bit and has been shared by many, which is a testimony to how versatile this team really is and how hard it may be to scout for opposition.
We tend to go for who scores the points mostly, but KP is playing through injury and giving us solid play in spite of it. What a stud and leader.

Stockton gets the GU Unit one week, gets bashed the next as has Sam and others. Looking beyond what is in front of our face, we have a lot to be excited about really. Nunez is going to blow up, Coleman is freakishly athletic and KD plays with confidence and will have his time. Edwards seems to have "it" but is playing shy for now. I hope aggressiveness is in his DNA somewhere, it will make a big difference. Karno is the warrior, plays with passion and hopefully gets past the fear of the line at some point.

Most intriguing team for sure, and not sure any of us have a good read on them overall yet as a total unit. Few probably experiencing the same thing, give him that.

gozagswoohoo
12-31-2013, 06:18 AM
About the "GU Unit Poll"

Something of note is how many players share this exalted fan based honor winning our little "GU Unit" poll after games. Stockton has been there and now DB. Is it possible for someone to assemble how many GU Unit wins there have been by Player? Obviously our leader Kevin Pangos is going to be dominant on this, but my recall is that this title moves around quite a bit and has been shared by many, which is a testimony to how versatile this team really is and how hard it may be to scout for opposition.
We tend to go for who scores the points mostly, but KP is playing through injury and giving us solid play in spite of it. What a stud and leader.

Stockton gets the GU Unit one week, gets bashed the next as has Sam and others. Looking beyond what is in front of our face, we have a lot to be excited about really. Nunez is going to blow up, Coleman is freakishly athletic and KD plays with confidence and will have his time. Edwards seems to have "it" but is playing shy for now. I hope aggressiveness is in his DNA somewhere, it will make a big difference. Karno is the warrior, plays with passion and hopefully gets past the fear of the line at some point.

Most intriguing team for sure, and not sure any of us have a good read on them overall yet as a total unit. Few probably experiencing the same thing, give him that.

I think that's a good idea, and I had actually thought about that (searching all the old GUnit threads and adding them up). I remember Ammo's season....it was hilarious. He would get 100+ votes, and everyone else maybe 1-3. After a while, I remember everyone kinda complaining and then we'd start voting for who was SECOND behind Ammo.

stevet75
12-31-2013, 06:23 AM
I didn't get to see the entire game, but when I was watching, it seemed like Stockton was the man making things happen and making everyone else look good. He had a pretty good stat line too.

RenoZag
12-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Is it possible for someone to assemble how many GU Unit wins there have been by Player?

Go for it, GrizZag

hooter73
12-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Box Score
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400506801

Zagger
12-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Barham deserves it but I voted Shemmick. The big guy is certainly trying his best to improve his game and one can easily tell his own disappointment when he makes a mistake. He's a tough ombre' who keeps plugging away. I'm figuring once he's a bit more settled into playing and living in the USA he'll be a top dawg on the team.
Go Zags!

GrizZAG
01-01-2014, 04:34 AM
About the "GU Unit Poll"

Ok, here it is for this season so far

Dower 1
Pangos 3
Coleman 3
Bell 2
Karno 1
Stocks 1
Barham 1

Interesting that Coleman has been POG as many times as KP, but of course KP is hurt. Nice distribution of who steps up on any given night. I would guess Mr. Nunez name will be on this list before long... Who's next? :)

gozagswoohoo
01-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Ok, here it is for this season so far

Dower 1
Pangos 3
Coleman 3
Bell 2
Karno 1
Stocks 1
Barham 1

Interesting that Coleman has been POG as many times as KP, but of course KP is hurt. Nice distribution of who steps up on any given night. I would guess Mr. Nunez name will be on this list before long... Who's next? :)

Interesting. I woulda guessed 1-2 more for Karno, 1-2 more for KP, and only 1-2 at most for Coleman.