PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Santa Clara...predictions and other thoughts

Reborn
12-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Gonzaga 91
Santa Clare 71

Gonzaga returns to K2 after being away for 3 weeks. It feels good to them to be back home. They will look pretty good against Santa Clara imo. I'm looking forward to seeing them play better at home. Wonder if Sam will play.

gonzagafan62
12-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Zags 82
Santa Clara 68

They don't quite have the weapons as they did last year, but with it being the holidays and with a banged up team it stays close in the first half and we pull away late.

Go Zags! Get well soon Sam!

hooter73
12-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Zags dont break 65... but they win.

77Zag
12-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Keating will stand at courtside with his arm folded scowling as usual as the Zags rip the Broncos apart.
Zags - 85
Broncos - 62

primal23
12-26-2013, 12:23 PM
This game is going to be A LOT closer then most think. Zags are hurting and in a serious offensive funk. If Sam is out, it will be a nail biter. Just hoping for a W, but could easily go the other way.

MTZag03
12-26-2013, 12:55 PM
As a truly blinded Zag fan who really believes in Karno for some reason:

GU 101
SC 70

Karnowski with 19/12 and 2 blocks

BeachZag
12-26-2013, 01:08 PM
This game is going to be A LOT closer then most think. Zags are hurting and in a serious offensive funk. If Sam is out, it will be a nail biter. Just hoping for a W, but could easily go the other way.

When will Angel Nunez play, heard after the first semester, is that now or does he have to wait until January? Will he make a difference if Sam is out?

Angelo Roncalli
12-26-2013, 01:17 PM
When will Angel Nunez play, heard after the first semester, is that now or does he have to wait until January? Will he make a difference if Sam is out?

He's eligible now. He'll play when he earns playing time (per Mark Few on the Mark Few radio show).

BULLDOG#1
12-26-2013, 01:21 PM
This is the game for Karno to serve notice to the rest of the WCC. I think he has a huge game and the zags thump them.

ZagaZags
12-26-2013, 02:39 PM

The rims in K2 love Kevin Pangos and the rest of the Zags.

Oregonzagnut
12-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Whatever happens, we must dominate the lower half of the teams and have a 20+ margin of victory. If the nation is going to think the WCC weak, even though it is the highest overall conference RPI I have ever seen, then we MUST show significantly higher level of play during every WCC game. Especially at home. This talk of a weak WCC is insane. IT shows that the media and power conference bias is even stronger now that the WCC is a threat.

And yes, IMO, the WCC is a threat to the reputation of the BCs and every power school that resides in those 6-7 conferences.

Gonzaga - 85
Santa Clara - 65

sittingon50
12-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Prediction:

Kerry Keating will be knatilly dressed (did I spell that right)?

Angelo Roncalli
12-26-2013, 03:09 PM
This talk of a weak WCC is insane. IT shows that the media and power conference bias is even stronger now that the WCC is a threat

Query. Did you watch any of SMC's three games in Hawaii?

jbslicer
12-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Will Coach Keating grab his nuts and tell his players to "sack up?" Too bad that isn't on video.

Zagger
12-26-2013, 04:14 PM
After the last two games ..... who knows what Zag team will show up to play. But, whoever does show up will likely set the tone for the rest of Zag play in the WCC. For the past two games I've been overly optimistic. Now I feel it more pragmatic/realistic to venture that GU wins but scores under 80 and margin of win is < 10.
I hope AN sees some decent playing time. Wouldn't surprise me if high scorer for Zags is PK, KD or GC (although I hope it is KP or GB).

Reborn
12-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Santa Clara is one of my favorite teams to beat in the WCC because I really don't like Keating. For me it's a classic battle because Keating really wants to beat Gonzaga so badly. He's like the Downtown Dresser vs the Fly Fishin Mark Few. Classic. Watching the expressions on Keating's face throughout the game is almost as entertaining as the game itself.

I really hate to disappoint some of you here, but the game will not be close. Even without Sam Dower. If Sam were well and played we'd win by 30. I doubt if he plays and if he does he is limited imo. So I went with a 20 pt victory. As I said before I don't think that either Kevin's or Gary's injuries are that bad. I think Kevin will score 20 and Gary 15. I also expect Kyle and Drew to shoot well, each scoring in double figures. Yes, that's right. The Ninja shooters are back home and they do light up the scoreboard. I see some of you don't have the confidence in our shooting as I do. I'll predict just 10 three's for this game, as they'll be saving the best night against USF.

It's so good to be back to conference games where the rest of the teams' sole season rests on beating Gonzaga, and to beat them in K2 would be like a Dream Come True. It's not going to happen. Santa Clara will wake up half way through the first quarter and realize where they are....K2, and the fire will be burning. The Zags will play relaxed, but not. I'm looking forward to the game as the Zags get back on track.

Oregonzagnut
12-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Query. Did you watch any of SMC's three games in Hawaii?

No, but I do realize they had a small collapse. They were real close games. Gonzaga had a little hiccup in Hawaii too. Still, I think the WCC is as strong as it has ever been this year. You are free to disagree if that is the point of your "query".

coolhandzag
12-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Santa Clara is one of my favorite teams to beat in the WCC because I really don't like Keating. For me it's a classic battle because Keating really wants to beat Gonzaga so badly. He's like the Downtown Dresser vs the Fly Fishin Mark Few. Classic. Watching the expressions on Keating's face throughout the game is almost as entertaining as the game itself.

I really hate to disappoint some of you here, but the game will not be close. Even without Sam Dower. If Sam were well and played we'd win by 30. I doubt if he plays and if he does he is limited imo. So I went with a 20 pt victory. As I said before I don't think that either Kevin's or Gary's injuries are that bad. I think Kevin will score 20 and Gary 15. I also expect Kyle and Drew to shoot well, each scoring in double figures. Yes, that's right. The Ninja shooters are back home and they do light up the scoreboard. I see some of you don't have the confidence in our shooting as I do. I'll predict just 10 three's for this game, as they'll be saving the best night against USF.

It's so good to be back to conference games where the rest of the teams' sole season rests on beating Gonzaga, and to beat them in K2 would be like a Dream Come True. It's not going to happen. Santa Clara will wake up half way through the first quarter and realize where they are....K2, and the fire will be burning. The Zags will play relaxed, but not. I'm looking forward to the game as the Zags get back on track.

The best thing about Keating? He goes around all the toilets picks out all the pieces of gum, and chews the crap out of it!

JustNet
12-26-2013, 08:49 PM
If all the players were healthy, this would be a statement game where the Zags would win by a large margin against SCU. Assuming that some are less than 100%, I'll take +15. Maybe even more importantly is the mindset and quality of the play which, if positive, will generate momentum going into conference play.

Reborn
12-26-2013, 10:02 PM
The best thing about Keating? He goes around all the toilets picks out all the pieces of gum, and chews the crap out of it!

hahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahah that was funny still laughing hahahahahahhaha

bartruff1
12-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Gonzaga by 19....say 89-70....everyone plays that is healthy....the start of the new season..

Zags11
12-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Zags will lead by 6 at half. We will get some huge shots by pangos, and bell. Coleman will get pt and score 12. Zags 81 and SC 67.

MickMick
12-28-2013, 03:17 AM
They could lose this one.

Tough to bring perimeter offense every single night. There will be off nights. I hope this isn't one of them.

BaldguyZag
12-28-2013, 04:21 AM
Just win baby!
Zags 80
Broncos 66

Hoopaholic
12-28-2013, 07:24 AM
76-62 with the win

Reborn
12-28-2013, 08:07 AM
This is the game for Karno to serve notice to the rest of the WCC. I think he has a huge game and the zags thump them.

I am also curious to see how PK does in the WCC. He has had some pretty tough games against very physical players so far. I am expecting him to do much better in the WCC. This is one thing I'm looking forward to seeing tonight. I also feel that Coleman could be a tough matchup for some teams in the WCC. I hope he does well tonight. It would be cool to see Angel Nunez play too.

VinnyZag
12-28-2013, 11:03 AM
I looked Clara up on KenPom. They're bad at pretty much every aspect of defense. GU could score a lot of points in this one.

ZAGLAWQB
12-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Are student tickets sold while they are on break?

chieftain
12-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Zags 84
Clara 67

I see them playing comfortably and draining from beyond the arc and I hope to see Nunez just out of sheer curiosity.

maynard g krebs
12-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Zags 87-69.

Bushman
12-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Zags 71
SC 57

I think more of the same for GU. We will still be waiting for someone to step it up and it won't happen. Pangos will be his usual self with 15 to 20, Bell will have 15, PK. will have moments, just not enough. Unless Few starts to use the full bench we will not have a true gauge on the depth of the team. We need to start building confidence now. I hope I am wrong but we will win but win ugly.