• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Let's rank the WCC for 2013

I am feeling like having a little fun. Let's rank the WCC from top to bottom for 2013-14. Let's include their record.

1. Gonzaga at 16-2
    2. BYU at 14-4
    3. St. Mary's at 13-5
    4. San Diego at 10-8
    5. Pacific at 9-9
    6. Portland at 7-11
    7. San Francisco 7-11
    8. Loyola Marymount 6-12
    9. Santa Clara at 5-13
    10 Pepperdine at 3-15
    Last edited by Reborn; 12-24-2013, 04:40 PM. Reason: My numbers did not come out right the first time
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • 23dpg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I think the order is pretty good but the math doesn't come close to adding up.
    Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
      I think the order is pretty good but the math doesn't come close to adding up.
      Thanks for the feedback. Is there any way you can help me? I think my math skills have slipped.

Comment

• GoZags
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        Thanks for the feedback. Is there any way you can help me? I think my math skills have slipped.
        The total number of wins needs to equal the total number of losses ..... i.e. since there are 10 teams and they each play each other twice, you can't have more total wins than total losses. i.e. too many teams have good records. Hope this makes sense (and Merry Christmas, btw).

Edited to add ... right now the combined record of all the teams is 104-76. It needs to be 90-90 ... so you'll need to take away 14 from the "win" column and put it in the "loss" column.
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
          The total number of wins needs to equal the total number of losses ..... i.e. since there are 10 teams and they each play each other twice, you can't have more total wins than total losses. i.e. too many teams have good records. Hope this makes sense (and Merry Christmas, btw).

Edited to add ... right now the combined record of all the teams is 104-76. It needs to be 90-90 ... so you'll need to take away 14 from the "win" column and put it in the "loss" column.
          Thanks GoZags!!

Comment

• Vanzagger
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

San Diego may win all their home games.
            Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Comment

• realtydog
              Kennel Club
              • Feb 2007

Doubt that

Originally posted by Vanzagger View Post
              San Diego may win all their home games.
              Losing to UCSB at home by 11 doesnt scare me

Comment

• exclusivelee
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2013

Saint Marys just lost a 3rd straight game (and all came in the Diamond Head Classic). Lost to George Mason today, Hawaii on Monday, and South Carolina on Sunday.

Comment

• Zag 77
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Don't confuse me with facts

Total wins must equal total losses? Sounds like Accounting to me. That is going to confuse all the Liberal Arts majors.

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

I'm kind of thinking that IF Gonzaga can get everyone healthy that they could run the table in conference play.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                      I am feeling like having a little fun. Let's rank the WCC from top to bottom for 2013-14. Let's include their record.

1. Gonzaga at 16-2
                      2. BYU at 14-4
                      3. St. Mary's at 13-5
                      4. San Diego at 10-8
                      5. Pacific at 9-9
                      6. Portland at 7-11
                      7. San Francisco 7-11
                      8. Loyola Marymount 6-12
                      9. Santa Clara at 5-13
                      10 Pepperdine at 3-15
                      1A. Gonzaga --
                      1B. BYU --
                      3. St. Mary's 2 games back
                      4. San Diego 3 games back
                      5. Pacific 5 games back
                      6. San Francisco 6 games back
                      8. Loyola Marymount 9 games back
                      9. Portland 11 games back
                      10. Pepperdine 13 games back.

We agree on most of this Reborn, except the middle pack. I think BYU and Gonzaga will tie for the conference title this year, and I do think Pacific will compete in this league this year too. May not beat the top tier teams, but they are a nice RPI addition to this league. LMU will surprise teams too, we all know about Ireland. San Francisco is the team to watch though as they rise to the occasion and possibly upset one of the top 3. They are just downright nasty at home, every year. Heck, they almost knocked off GU last year, during our run, as did USD.

Its going to be an interesting year in conference play. I am all fired up.
                      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
                        1A. Gonzaga --
                        1B. BYU --
                        3. St. Mary's 2 games back
                        4. San Diego 3 games back
                        5. Pacific 5 games back
                        6. San Francisco 6 games back
                        8. Loyola Marymount 9 games back
                        9. Portland 11 games back
                        10. Pepperdine 13 games back.

We agree on most of this Reborn, except the middle pack. I think BYU and Gonzaga will tie for the conference title this year, and I do think Pacific will compete in this league this year too. May not beat the top tier teams, but they are a nice RPI addition to this league. LMU will surprise teams too, we all know about Ireland. San Francisco is the team to watch though as they rise to the occasion and possibly upset one of the top 3. They are just downright nasty at home, every year. Heck, they almost knocked off GU last year, during our run, as did USD.

Its going to be an interesting year in conference play. I am all fired up.
                        I am hoping Pacific will beat BYU, and maybe San Diego beats them too, while GU and St. Mary's beats them once. I think GU beats St Mary's both times, loses to BYU there, and has one shocking loss maybe to either San Diego or LMU. Portland is going to be the team I think to surprise people, especially at home. Maybe it will be Portland who beats BYU. I think they will beat St. Mary's for sure. Fortunately, Gonzaga plays really well @ Portland. Cody Doolin is no longer playing for San Francisco so I think it's going to be very difficult for them to beat GU without Cody. If I made a mistake I think it's where I have USF above LMU. I think LMU will finish higher then USF. I am using the BPI ranking rather then RPI. I just believe they are better at predicting and placing the teams. They have Portland at 92 about the same as Pacific, Providence and Purdue. As you can see, some pretty good teams. Actually, San Diego is rated 127, so you see, Portland could be the big surprise.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

i have a feeling that smc's performance at diamondhead was a temporary blip and they'll be back unless the wheels completely fall off due to bennett's absence the first five. zags will probably lose in provo but byu doesn't scare me because they play even less defense than the zags do. if dayton and k-state and even wv proved anything, it's that any team with a defense that can slow the zag offense down has a pretty decent shot at taking down the zags... haven't followed the wcc closely enough this year to know if there are similar teams, but kind of doubt it based on past history, so zags should be in good shape as long as they can get healthy soon.

Comment

• Baseline
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2011

1. BYU
                            2. GU
                            3. San Diego
                            4. St. Mary's
                            5. Pacific
                            6. Portland
                            7. San Francisco
                            8. LMU
                            9. Santa Clara
                            10 Pepperdine

What I put up doesn't reflect by hopes for GU, but I am very scared of BYU. They play fast and have has some really good shooting nights. Mika, their freshman is a load and getting better.
                            For Saint Mary's Waldo has become a legitimate center to contend with and a couple of the new guys are real ballers.
                            San Diego's guards are very good and they have added so talent around them.

Hope I'm wrong on my predictions, but I'm posting what I think, not what I hope.
                            "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• CDC84
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Losing to UCSB at home by 11 doesnt scare me
                              Yeah, but they have history of giving the top dogs in the league nightmares at the Slim Gym. Gonzaga won by just 2 points at the Slim Gym last year. They beat Billy's crew by 31 at K2. St. Mary's has had issues playing there over the years. They really gear up for big opponents when playing on their home floor.

Comment

Working...
                              X