PDA

View Full Version : The Terrible Toe

BobZag
12-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Known by many other different names. Afraid this Terrible Toe might be with the Zags' best overall player all season long. It could very well be...

...you ready for this..?

The Fatal Toe!

Yes, the Terrible Toe has, sadly, rendered the best player a mere shadow of his healthy self. Let's face it, there is no way 30+ points happens with this Terrible Toe. Pre-Terrible Toe was able to put 20+ points on the board any game, anywhere. The Pre-Terrible Toe was able to cut hard, take off on a dime, change speeds, shoot his way onto Maui Invitational All-Tourney Team. The post-Terrible Toe is unable to do that.

My mathematical equation of this woe is as follows:

The Terrible Toe + Mere Shadow = The Fatal Toe

zagzilla
12-22-2013, 10:55 AM
I'll go first....

DOOOOOMMMMED

ZZ

ZagsGoZags
12-22-2013, 11:08 AM
banish all hope ....

BTB
12-22-2013, 03:01 PM
I agree Bob. This team is going as far as Pangos takes us, and right now it looks like he can only play hard about 5 minutes a game and doesn't do anything else the rest of the time. Scary stuff.

BobZag
12-22-2013, 03:18 PM
I agree Bob. This team is going as far as Pangos takes us, and right now it looks like he can only play hard about 5 minutes a game and doesn't do anything else the rest of the time. Scary stuff.

Sounds funny because it's a big toe, but as you imply, this team is in major trouble if it doesn't completely heal. #Serious

B Wayne
12-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Fatal toe? Righto. Righto.

Why do I keep saying Righto?

Because it's his right toe that's injured.

rijman
12-23-2013, 06:29 AM
My mathematical equation of this woe is as follows:

The Terrible Toe + Mere Shadow = The Fatal Toe
I checked the mathematical equation multiple times and it appears accurate. I want to believe Pangos is fine, but there's no disputing the math.

DixieZag
12-23-2013, 08:02 AM
There is no question that he can't be more than a "good guard" with the way things are right now. We need a "great guard" and I am pretty disappointed that Gary wasn't "shooting to get hot" in the last game since he had 3 shots until late in the game. It is conceivable that Gary could easily, when forced, could
mentally turn into a star - not the scorer Kevin is but close - but it is getting frustrating.

They also have to do something to see if Kevin can do more to warm it up long before the game since it seems like it loosens up mid through the second half.

basketballzag
12-23-2013, 09:37 AM
There is no question that he can't be more than a "good guard" with the way things are right now. We need a "great guard" and I am pretty disappointed that Gary wasn't "shooting to get hot" in the last game since he had 3 shots until late in the game. It is conceivable that Gary could easily, when forced, could
mentally turn into a star - not the scorer Kevin is but close - but it is getting frustrating.

They also have to do something to see if Kevin can do more to warm it up long before the game since it seems like it loosens up mid through the second half.

I'm actually tired of people blaming Gary Bell Jr. for not stepping up. The other teams know that Pangos is hurt and that Stockton is an offensive liability on the court without a healthy Pangos so they are doubling & tripling up their defensive efforts on Bell. Its becoming increasingly harder for Bell to get open and create the lanes right now with Stockton & Pangos on the court at the same time. Now when you put Coleman/Barham & Bell in at the same time it clearly opens things up for this team and I think Mark Few needs to finally realize that if this team is to progress the rest of the year he needs Coleman/Barham to take one of those defenders off of Bell so the offense can open up. Stockton can come in off the bench for support but right now its painfully obvious that an injured Pangos, Bell, & Stockton backcourt is becoming increasingly ineffective as teams key in on this obvious defect.

It's time for Few to make the necessary adjustment here and take Coleman off the sh*t list and let him play his game within the confines of the Few/GU system. Its time to Coach a player like Coleman like Clem Haskins would.

scott257
12-23-2013, 09:59 AM
It's time for Few to make the necessary adjustment here and take Coleman off the sh*t list and let him play his game within the confines of the Few/GU system. Its time to Coach a player like Coleman like Clem Haskins would.

Certainly Mark Few should would never think of emulating a cheat like Clem Haskins. Get lost.

DixieZag
12-23-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm actually tired of people blaming Gary Bell Jr. for not stepping up. The other teams know that Pangos is hurt and that Stockton is an offensive liability on the court without a healthy Pangos so they are doubling & tripling up their defensive efforts on Bell. Its becoming increasingly harder for Bell to get open and create the lanes right now with Stockton & Pangos on the court at the same time. Now when you put Coleman/Barham & Bell in at the same time it clearly opens things up for this team and I think Mark Few needs to finally realize that if this team is to progress the rest of the year he needs Coleman/Barham to take one of those defenders off of Bell so the offense can open up. Stockton can come in off the bench for support but right now its painfully obvious that an injured Pangos, Bell, & Stockton backcourt is becoming increasingly ineffective as teams key in on this obvious defect.

I didn't realize that Bell was guarded so well that three shots for most of the game was all one could expect. I am positive he was guarded well, but he might be our best one on one player besides Coleman and he wasn't taking them on. I am not "blaming" Bell. I said it is frustrating seeing him not trying to fill the role of scorer. I agree Coleman should have played more and it's sort of inexplicable. It is indefensible (IMO) to not play AN after Sam got hurt and Karno was falling down tired, at least for a couple minutes. But, that makes it all the more frustrating. Let me ask you, did you think Bell got good looks toward the end when it was obvious someone had to knock them down? I thought he got some great looks and just missed, which happens.

zag944
12-23-2013, 11:04 AM
While Pangos is obviously in a lot of pain, he played really well in our two best wins this season, which were the two games immediately following the injury. He's always been a bit inconsistent away from the Kennel.

Id hardly be surprised to see him draining threes like crazy again over these next 4 home games. It just might be with a grimace on his face rather than a smile.

Baseline
12-23-2013, 02:34 PM
We won't know how much Pangos is slowed until we see him at home. His out of the Home court shooting has always been inconsistent. I suspect it is pretty bad and it takes most of the game to warm up, he seems to come on a bit at the end.
I think Few needs a real shakeup on the team, what it looks like right now will be a disaster in conference play.