• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiddwell
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

A Quickie Look at K-State

We gotta beat these guys. Really beat 'em. A statement game.

Their schedule:
    Visit ESPN for Kansas State Wildcats live scores, video highlights, and latest news. Find standings and the full 2023-24 season schedule.

Their roster:
    Explore the 2023-24 Kansas State Wildcats NCAAM roster on ESPN. Includes full details on point guards, shooting guards, power forwards, small forwards and centers.

Recent big game:
    Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Newspaper story:
    MANHATTAN — It’s finals week for students at Kansas State, and coach Bruce Weber has carried that theme over to the basketball court for his players. Riding a five-game winning streak after a 72-43…

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Yes we do.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Poor offensive stats vs a weak schedule. Hope the Zags can put the ball in the hole.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• BaldguyZag
        Bulldog Fan
        • Nov 2009

Pretty unimpressive to date. GU comes to play it will be a double digit win.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by BaldguyZag View Post
          Agree. I wish there was no internet and coach could tell them KSU was 11-0 and ranked 5th. Everyone knows we play to the level of competition a lot. Hope they don't overlook them thinking about home and Christmas.

Oh, one other motivation (they likely do use this one; "Yep, you get some time off for Christmas with family. you can either spend that time off feeling good about a win, or simmering with a lose."
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zagger
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Nothing like going into WCC play with a big win. I'm predicting the Zags will avenge the lackluster BIS game with a decent win over KSU. However, I am a bit worried about Kevin's toe and Shemmick's TOs. Other players are simply going to have to step up and put the ball in the hoop. I don't think we've seen the best game yet out of DB, KD or GC - or SD for that matter. It would not surprise me if one or more of these 4 step it up in Kansas.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BaldguyZag View Post
              Road games v beatable opponents are usually close, unless the home team really stinks it up. KSU beat 7-2 Ole Miss at home, and Ole Miss took #11/13 Oregon to OT at home despite Oregon making something like 11/18 3s.

Standard home cooking makes it tough to win by more than a few pts on the road; they are selling entertainment, and if fans see a close game they come back, if they see a blowout loss they are less likely to. Yes, that's a conspiracy theory.

I think the Zags "came to play" at W VA and I'd be happy with a similar result in this one.

Comment

• cjm720
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

I'm hoping for a loss at K-State. I'm hoping to limp into the WCC tourney, then win it to get the auto bid. Then we will be a true underdog like old times...then we make the Elite 8 or better.

Well, maybe none of that except the end....
                Go Zags!!!

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Are they big? Guard oriented? Tough to figure out from just the roster.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X