PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know Angel Nunez

Angelo Roncalli
12-16-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGi3AOKTzSU

GoZags
12-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Maybe that's why Jazz uses those cryptic abbreviations allatime. He's just moving so much faster than the rest of us slowpokes out West.

exclusivelee
12-16-2013, 02:56 PM
and an artice accompanying the video: "Early Christmas for Zags: Angel Nunez Eligible Dec. 21"

http://news.gonzaga.edu/2013/early-christmas-zags-angel-nunez

Nunez, the first midseason transfer to Gonzaga since Micah Downs left Kansas in 2006, said his decision to transfer to Gonzaga was based on more than basketball.

“When I visited it felt really family oriented. Everyone was so together. No one was selfish. The community and the people on campus were really nice,” Nunez said.

With a year away from NCAA competition, Nunez focused on school and his on-the-court skills. In particular, Nunez says he has improved his post moves and aggressiveness. He aims to integrate this aggressiveness into all facets of his game.

“What I really want to help bring to the team is athleticism and someone who’s going to make a difference on both ends,” Nunez said. “Whether it’s hitting an open shot or getting a tough rebound.”

Watching the game from the bench has been extremely beneficial, he said.

“I learned there are a lot of plays out there that aren’t made because of fatigue,” he said. “I actually see the game a little bit from a coach’s perspective now.”

While Nunez looks forward to competing for Gonzaga, the Bulldogs welcome his debut as well. Nunez will be asked to play more of the power forward position, a change from his traditional small forward role. Nunez recognizes both the advantages and difficulties of the new position.

“Playing the ‘four’ gives me a mismatch because the ‘four’ guys aren’t as fast as me, and it will get me a lot of open shots,” he said. “But also I have to make sure I stay tough and rebound hard because the other guys have weight on me.”

Very excited!!

jazzdelmar
12-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Maybe that's why Jazz uses those cryptic abbreviations allatime. He's just moving so much faster than the rest of us slowpokes out West.

Absltly. AN attended Cardinal Hayes HS, alma mater of Jamal Mashburn.

Oregonzagnut
12-16-2013, 03:43 PM
We need Angel to be that "X-Factor".

If Angel can play with the poise and consistency Few demands, I think we will have that dominance from inside like we did last year.

75Zag
12-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Went back to re-read this article, which I thought was very well written. I am looking forward to learning what this young man will add to the GU team.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2012/12/31/3815538/zags-add-intriguing-transfer-in-angel-nunez

Go Bulldogs!

DixieZag
12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't be able to stay up late enough on the east coast to participate in any of those "fast times." I have noticed that people stay up later on the east coast, people get up earlier on the west.

I like him. Don't know if he can play (please God), but those are the answers one wants to hear from players. Plus, it seemed like he meant them, too. Always a bonus.

DixieZag
12-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't be able to stay up late enough on the east coast to participate in any of those "fast times." I have noticed that people stay up later on the east coast, people get up earlier on the west.

I like him. Don't know if he can play (please God), but those are the answers one wants to hear from players. Plus, it seemed like he meant them, too. Always a bonus.

Edit to ADD: Anyone else think that we might have put too high an expectation on GC and perhaps too low on AN? I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Zag 77
12-16-2013, 03:55 PM
From the article:

There is little doubt that Coleman will step in to the starting lineup with Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell Jr to form an impressive trio on the perimeter.

There is a habit here to annoint the next recruit as the next coming.

Remember Bol Kong?

Remember Callum MacLeod?

Remember Mammary Diallou?

And the ever-remembered Biggs McGee?

CdAZagFan
12-16-2013, 04:31 PM
It's tough right now to see players with dwindling minutes (GC, DB) - it will be interesting to see how Nunez's minutes fit into the pie...

exclusivelee
12-16-2013, 04:45 PM

referring to who? Lots of mention of this unknown guy a couple months through the offseason, bet no real name surfaces to the alias.

exclusivelee
12-16-2013, 04:49 PM
It's tough right now to see players with dwindling minutes (GC, DB) - it will be interesting to see how Nunez's minutes fit into the pie...

Barham's slice was already collapsing the last 2 games, Nunez coming in to attempt to steal more of his dessert at the "4". Draino must now be close to filling a starting role, seeming to be the trusted 6th man, taking big bench slices of the GU pie as of late.

thickman1
12-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Biggs McGee was Theo Davis

DixieZag
12-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Barham's slice was already collapsing the last 2 games, Nunez coming in to attempt to steal more of his dessert at the "4". Draino must now be close to filling a starting role, seeming to be the trusted 6th man, taking big bench slices of the GU pie as of late.

Yeah, it'll be interesting b/c Coach likes to tighten up the lineups this time of year. It'd be tough on any mid-transfer. Well, I don't think he can hurt anything. "Long" and wanting to play defense sounds good.

NotoriousZ
12-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Really excited to see this guy on Saturday, even if it's only 5 or 10 minutes in his first real game with us.

amaronizag
12-16-2013, 08:19 PM
I too have been anxiously awaiting the debut of AN, especially after Tommy was so effusive about his great athleticism. However, I had the wind knocked out of me tonight watching the Mark Few show. When Heister asked Few about AN, Few was very noncommittal. He said time would tell how much he would play because KD had been excelling of late and the whole small offensive strategy was working so well. He repeated that it might be very hard for him to see much PT. Hard swallow. Sad news.

However, after looking at some stats, I do have a silver lining after my initial disappointment with the USA game. Yes we didn't score many points, but we put a lot of shots in the air, 64 to be exact. In fact, we only have 5 games this year where our shot totals were in the 50's, and no shot totals in the 40's. That's great news. Last year we averaged 46.6 shots per game. Too few shots in the air has been one of my biggest criticisms for the last few years. Our pace of play was pathetic.

Here are some stats from last year
Things we were good at: points per possession (4th), 2 point % (4th), eFG% (10th).

Things we were OK at: TO% (45th), OR% (37th), FTRate (54th).

Things we sucked at: Pace (possessions per game GU= 186th), 3pt% (101), 3ptA% (256), A% (190), Blk% (108), Stl% (129).

This year we are much better on 3pt attempts and pace of play. We're putting a lot more shots in the air and won against USA because we put up enough shots to win even when we were shooting bad. In past years when we had lots of games with shot totals in the 40's and low 50's, we just didn't put up enough shots to win when we had an off night shooting. This year could be different and we could pull out W's on some of those off shooting nights because we're averaging 60 shots per game.

HenneZag
12-16-2013, 09:22 PM
As mentioned above I also watched the Mark Few Show last night and found it a bit odd how Few answered the question regarding Nunez being eligible to play this weekend @ K State and beyond. Few seemed to dodge it a bit and redirected the fact that he likes the way KD is playing and that the small lineup is working quite well. He didn't say much on Nunez other then he is athletic. I won't pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors but I have a hunch that Nunez's role will not be as big as some may think. I hope im wrong, but it's hard to argue the fact that KD is starting to cement the 6th man in the rotation. Im excited to see what he can bring to this team, Kraziness left me a bit confused on Nunez.

GoZags
12-16-2013, 09:47 PM
From the article:

Remember Bol Kong?

Remember Callum MacLeod?

You're batting .250 on that one, '77. Nobody annointed MacLeod, or Diallou, or Davis "as the next coming".

zaguarxj
12-17-2013, 05:18 AM
I'm delighted that KD has progressed so much that it's hard to keep him off the floor. He's only a sophomore, right? I also take it as a positive that Few is happy with how they are playing. If he changed the lineup every week, like we "little people of the internet" always seem to want him to, it would reek of desperation. Let Nunez earn his playing time like everyone else. There is no favoritism. There is no "doghouse." Yeah, there's the Few way or the highway but isn't that a coach's job? Would you rather give players free reign, like, say Romar?

BaldguyZag
12-17-2013, 05:57 AM
If Nunez can provide quality minutes off the bench and serve as a matchup difficulty against slower, less athletic 4's for stints each game, then I think he can be a nice contribution to this year's squad. Minutes are dwindling for our bench players, but Nunez will bring size and athleticism that others do not. Fingers crossed that Few can figure out the best rotations that keep the Zags as balanced as possible.

willandi
12-17-2013, 06:07 AM

It's just so the East Coast people can watch the Zags Games. They will deny it, but WE know better.

willandi
12-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Here are some stats from last year
Things we were good at: points per possession (4th), 2 point % (4th), eFG% (10th).

Things we were OK at: TO% (45th), OR% (37th), FTRate (54th).

Things we sucked at: Pace (possessions per game GU= 186th), 3pt% (101), 3ptA% (256), A% (190), Blk% (108), Stl% (129).

This year we are much better on 3pt attempts and pace of play. We're putting a lot more shots in the air and won against USA because we put up enough shots to win even when we were shooting bad. In past years when we had lots of games with shot totals in the 40's and low 50's, we just didn't put up enough shots to win when we had an off night shooting. This year could be different and we could pull out W's on some of those off shooting nights because we're averaging 60 shots per game.

Reminds me of a discussion overheard by a former employer and his competitor about the low prices the competitor was charging for jewelry repairs. He said (and this is the truth) "We lose a little on each job...but make up for in in volume"!

Zag Man
12-17-2013, 11:14 AM
From this video, which I had not seen before, Angel Nunez is obviously an articulate and intelligent young man. As such, he will be a credit to the university and the team. I look forward to seeing this young student-athlete play.

hooter73
12-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Nunez is young and inexperienced, trying to break into the rotation mid season of a not so young not so in experienced group. Whats hard to figure out about that?

jpwils
12-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Nunez is young and inexperienced, trying to break into the rotation mid season of a not so young not so in experienced group. Whats hard to figure out about that?

Few may have re-directed an answer but Nunez is 3 inches TALLER than Dranginis and more athletic than Barham, although both players provide instant offense. But at least this energizer-type player COULD provide a spark and 5 more fouls to give to help keep our bigs alive in tight games, as can Edwards and Meikle. I am excited to see what he brings to the table and like some of his answers!

Quick question- does Gonzaga EVER employ a "pressing unit"??? Can't win every game with injured 3 point shooters, coach. So far we have been very lucky- what happens when we play the Wichita States of the world?? Do we have a plan B ????? Going too long with Stockton in these types of games has crippled us in the past-VIVA COLEMAN and NUNEZ!!!! What do we have to lose???
If they ( Nunez and Coleman ) don't make plays, they sit.

CDC84
12-17-2013, 11:56 AM
It's hard to imagine seeing much of Nunez in a road game (or what is basically a road game) at KSU. He should see some time later this month during the homestand.

flytiezag
12-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Do you think if Few was going to use Angel alot he would let the other team know it before the game.Maybe he will use him maybe not we will see.Let Kansas State prepare for us as we are without Angel then if he get playing time they will have to adjust on the fly.

hooter73
12-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Do you think if Few was going to use Angel alot he would let the other team know it before the game.Maybe he will use him maybe not we will see.Let Kansas State prepare for us as we are without Angel then if he get playing time they will have to adjust on the fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Ky4RTtqMs

75Zag
12-17-2013, 02:59 PM
From the article:

Remember Bol Kong?

Remember Callum MacLeod?

Not sure what I think about this post. Every Easter my kids and I check to see if Bol Kong has risen from the (NCAA Basketball) grave.

Go Bulldogs!

Zagger
12-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Friendly competition for PT is a healthy asset. Having good players to spell starters and lessen fatigue on all concerned - another good asset. As AN mentioned - being on the bench and seeing the game from a coach's perspective (coach/player communication) - yet another asset. How a team adjusts during a game can win a game. I hope Angel will be good enough by the NCAAs (as well as other current non-starters) that the Zags are A LOT to handle for any team. A deep bench with fresh players on the court for 40 minutes - how sweet that would be. One more player gives Few one more weapon. I also think AN picked GU for all the right reasons - thanks for sharing the video!
Go Zags!

maynard g krebs
12-17-2013, 06:13 PM

I think Few tends to be pretty straightforward in what he says. For example, when asked about Coleman preseason, he said he's great in opencourt games, but not so much in grinders. Somebody here said he was just trying to lower expectations or something to that effect; we've seen what Few says is pretty much the case. I think the same is true w/ Nunez, and don't expect to see much of him for a while based on what Few said.

DixieZag
12-17-2013, 09:32 PM

I think it would be so cool if he started - - even if he only plays two minutes and it is a mind trick, it'd be a good mind trick. Or he could start and play 40 minutes b/c he is awesome and can't be taken off the floor. That'd be cool, too.

I guess if we can get 5-8 good minutes of ferocious defense in the first two games, that is filling a need and that is most likely.

AzZag
12-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Hope he doesn't get the shaft like Coleman is.

maynard g krebs
12-18-2013, 05:42 PM

Why do you think Coleman is being sent into a coal mine? (I assume this is the meaning of "getting the shaft", or does the phrase have some other meaning?)

HenneZag
12-18-2013, 06:06 PM

Coleman has received the opportunities. He is a "spark plug", exciting player to watch that adds another element to this team. Yes he is going to make mistakes, yes he is still trying to fit into the offense. Saying that, I don't blame few for pulling him after 3 consecutive lazy turnovers @ WV. KD is more controlled and seems to maintain the flow and consistency of the offense currently. Coleman will get his turn again but he needs to not force every possession, also needs to take a few shots from the outside to keep the defense honest, opposing teams know he's going to slash.

AzZag
12-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Coleman has received the opportunities. He is a "spark plug", exciting player to watch that adds another element to this team. Yes he is going to make mistakes, yes he is still trying to fit into the offense. Saying that, I don't blame few for pulling him after 3 consecutive lazy turnovers @ WV. KD is more controlled and seems to maintain the flow and consistency of the offense currently. Coleman will get his turn again but he needs to not force every possession, also needs to take a few shots from the outside to keep the defense honest, opposing teams know he's going to slash.

He's getting hosed, screwed, shafted, or whatever other adverb fits. He isn't being allowed to play his game. He makes one mistake and gets yanked for 15 minutes at a time. He didn't even get a chance to redeem himself in the WV game. This kid played at a high level in the Big East but can't crack our rotation? If you know basketball, then you can read GC's body language both on the court and on the bench. I love Coach Few but he is really squashing this kid's confidence. Otherwise he's another athletic kid that will never get his full opportunity. Aka Mo Carter, Arop, Ira, etc.

Let's look at stats.
He averages a pathetic 13 min game. Averages the 5th best ppg on the team at 9.4
Stockton gets almost 30 min per game and averages 5 pts
Karno averages 9.8 ppg and plays almost twice as many minutes.
Barham? 17.8 min per game ---5.6 ppg
KD? 23 min game----7 ppg

He deserves more run.
How can you get in the flow of a game with only 13 min per game???
Short answer---you can't.
I've seen it a hundred times. A player commits a turnover or two, then gets yanked for the rest of the game and it destroys a kid's mentality.

Oh yeah. Stockton and Karno average 2 or more turnovers a game.

maynard g krebs
12-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Let's look at stats.
He averages a pathetic 13 min game. Averages the 5th best ppg on the team at 9.4
KD? 23 min game----7 ppg

He has also taken the 4th most shots on the team in those 13 minutes, 81, trailing only Pangos (135) Dower 106, Bell 99; Karno 67, KD 61, DS 56, Barham 49. All in +- half the pt of the latter guys. Then there's the average of under 1.3 pts per fg attempt. Not bad but KP, GB, SD and PK are all in the 1.5-1.6 range. And his 0.54 a/to ratio is an indicator as well.

Few has played him extended minutes every chance he's had. He's great in the open court, but in a half court game he needs to improve his shooting, passing, and overall understanding to get more time.

maynard g krebs
12-18-2013, 09:28 PM

And Stockton gets a lot of assists and Karno gets a lot of rebounds.

HenneZag
12-18-2013, 09:42 PM
He's getting hosed, screwed, shafted, or whatever other adverb fits. He isn't being allowed to play his game. He makes one mistake and gets yanked for 15 minutes at a time. He didn't even get a chance to redeem himself in the WV game. This kid played at a high level in the Big East but can't crack our rotation? If you know basketball, then you can read GC's body language both on the court and on the bench. I love Coach Few but he is really squashing this kid's confidence. Otherwise he's another athletic kid that will never get his full opportunity. Aka Mo Carter, Arop, Ira, etc.

Let's look at stats.
KD? 23 min game----7 ppg

He deserves more run.
I've seen it a hundred times. A player commits a turnover or two, then gets yanked for the rest of the game and it destroys a kid's mentality.

Stockton may average more turnovers but he plays more minutes and also creates easy baskets for other players which equates for points.

I see your point, I think Coleman is an explosive player, your right he has proven himself in the Big East but our system is different then Providence. Coleman excels in the run and gun type of game, he needs space. The last 2 games were frustrating to watch he came in both games and had consecutive turnovers. Do I wish Few would let these guys play through more rough patches absolutely, but he won't. I bet we see Coleman alot more during the WCC play. And as far as Coleman's attitude, of course he is going to be dissapointed if he gets yanked, who wouldn't, on the flip side I saw him clapping and high-fiveing his teammates at every timeout and throughout the game. Time will tell but there is plenty of season left for Coleman to make his mark.

MDABE80
12-18-2013, 10:43 PM
So COleman drives nd the defense collapses on him. Great opportunity to pass to the 3 pt shooters. It's great if those shooters are on.

GrizZAG
12-19-2013, 02:03 AM
So COleman drives nd the defense collapses on him. Great opportunity to pass to the 3 pt shooters. It's great if those shooters are on.

BINGO! Love his athleticism and motor, but he needs to improve in area of team play. Once Jordan figured it out with the Bulls, well, we know what happened there. Phil Jackson made his point and it worked. Maybe Few is going that route.

cjm720
12-19-2013, 06:56 AM

Let's look at stats.
KD? 23 min game----7 ppg

He deserves more run.

On one of the Mark Few Shows, coach candidly said that he didn't understand why Coleman would want to leave Providence and the offensive freedom he had...I think it's fairly clear that coach expects Coleman to play within the confines of the offense and defense. I am certain coach would have had that conversation with Coleman and Coleman would have to adapt his game.

So, when you said "he isn't being allowed to play his game" - it's a two way street. He needs to paly his game (energy, length, drives) within the structure of the game plan.

The PPG stat isn't too useful IMO in this situation, since we're one of the highest scoring teams in the country---scoring isn't an issue for us.

Birddog
12-19-2013, 07:32 AM
When Coleman enters a game he is usually quite disruptive to the opponents defense. Unfortunately he has also on occasion been a little too disruptive to the Zags offense and when that happens he wins time on the bench. I think he'll get it eventually.

hooter73
12-19-2013, 08:28 AM
He's getting hosed, screwed, shafted, or whatever other adverb fits. He isn't being allowed to play his game.

This is team ball, not some pickup parking lot game. Its not HIS game to play.

You make comparisons to Carter, Arop, and Ira, well throw the Ira one out as he doesnt fit on that list, but Carter and Arop weren't producing. You cannot have non-producing players or ones that are detrimental on the court all game because their feelings might get hurt. You want to win more games in march (which Im guessing you would be one to call for going farther in the tourney as a bench mark), you cant lose the current ones and not get into the NCAAs at all. Not exactly not a double edged sword but not hard math to figure out either.

He learns how to play team ball and he'll continue to be a nice bench weapon for us. If not, another anecdote. I think he'll figure it out eventually.

BULLDOG#1
12-19-2013, 09:25 AM

Let's look at stats.
KD? 23 min game----7 ppg

He deserves more run.

Coleman will have to adapt to a system -- one which he has already shown the ability to thrive in certain games -- or he will be benched. I don't consider that meaning he's getting shafted. His TO's were horrible and like coach said, that would have landed anyone on the bench, including Pangos. He doesn't get yanked for one mistake, but because of mistake after mistake... Not just the turnovers either, his risk taking on defense has hurt the zags, too.

There will be games when Coleman saves the day and games when he ruins the day. Few is trying to maximize one and minimize the other, a la WV.

Also, KD is playing great and he's a 'play within the system' guy...

GoZags
12-19-2013, 09:28 AM
When Coleman enters a game he is usually quite disruptive to the opponents defense. Unfortunately he has also on occasion been a little too disruptive to the Zags offense and when that happens he wins time on the bench. I think he'll get it eventually.

Yet again, I'll have to say "I agree with Birddog".

sittingon50
12-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Add me to that list.

DADoZAG
12-19-2013, 11:58 AM
We'll see if Nunez even sees the floor. Neither Edwards or Meikle saw the court against South Alabama even though Sam and Shem struggled (and perhaps there's good reasons we don't know of).

Could be the bench doesn't go too deep unless it's a blow out.

As for Coleman, he most assuredly hasn't come around as some of us had hoped after the first couple of games, and doubt he gets a must chance this year now. Last time on the floor though, he passed up a chance to drive and just tossed a pass to a starter so maybe he's already getting it.

Wonder why Draino isn't draining anymore? Carter didn't have much of a senior season either.

Perhaps if I was a successful D1 coach I might understand all this.

Coaches, we don't need no stinking coaches.

[sigh]

Go ZAGS!

ZagNative
12-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Jim Meehan feature on Angel (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/dec/19/angel-nunez-gives-zags-more-options/).

Reborn
12-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Sometimes I wonder why Mark Few recruited Coleman and Nunez. He has never seemed to like them very much, imo. You would think he knew about these guys prior to recruiting them. I have not seen Nunez play, but I am one who feels that Coleman brought a lot to the Zags, and Few held such a tight leash on him. There is nothing worse for a player then knowing that if you make a mistake you'll be benched. This is a criticism of Few that I have had over the years. I often think about Few's recruiting, and I personally believe that Few is very one dimensional in his recruiting, and this is one reason that I'm sure that some players would not want to play for him.

I want to wish Nunez all the best because I know he's talented. It will be a test for him. He will have to figure it out and be successful on the court when he goes in. Coleman was successful for a time and then against the tougher teams he really went backwards. I think Coleman is too one dimensional, but in certain situations and with certain teams he will be affective. I see him being more effective in the WCC then what he has been.

Dranginis has certainly earned his playing time and he is doing very well, as most of us thought he would. However, imo, Barham is so up and down, and I think that Nunez may be able to get some minutes there.

NumberCruncher
12-19-2013, 04:31 PM
I hope Angel gets his wings - just in time for Christmas.

Baseline
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM
If Nunez gets into the game it will be very interesting to see his athleticism and how he uses it. Can he drive and finish at the Rim, I'm betting this will be a big part of his game that most did not expect.

Coleman is very talented, but doesn't play smart, he just puts his head down and drives. I think Few is trying to get him to realize there are other aspects of the game he needs to learn. Judgement will come in march how the lessons were learned.

GrizZAG
12-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Really to be fair in the Coleman discussion, have we seen a player with such explosive athleticism in a while? Pargo, Ira et al. The upside potential for this kid is off the charts and he represents a benchmark test for this coaching staff to gel his talent into an amazing player that he has potential to be.

He moves like a cat and those arms and hands are lightning quick. He uses those given talents but somehow has difficulty keeping it under control. If he could slow down a bit and use that superman act at the right moments..... imagine. This is a player that very well could coalesce like Pargo did and be a star if he gets it.

Let's hope it happens and I wish him the best.

ZaGranny
12-19-2013, 07:39 PM
I asked him at K in K how he liked his name pronounced, and he kind of hedged, I said--OK--the Spanish pronunciation is AN-Hel Noon-yez--is that what you prefer--and he said, yes I like that. So maybe we could try to use the Spanish pronunciation.

ZaGranny

Birddog
12-20-2013, 03:44 AM
I asked him at K in K how he liked his name pronounced, and he kind of hedged, I said--OK--the Spanish pronunciation is AN-Hel Noon-yez--is that what you prefer--and he said, yes I like that. So maybe we could try to use the Spanish pronunciation.

ZaGranny
I didn't notice anybody mispronouncing his name on this thread but wait till Heister gets a chance.

If it evolves that he plays tough "D" will he be known as a guardian Angel?

Yeah, I know, you could have gone all day without that but I couldn't resist the low hanging fruit.

2wiceright
12-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Really to be fair in the Coleman discussion, have we seen a player with such explosive athleticism in a while? Pargo, Ira et al. The upside potential for this kid is off the charts and he represents a benchmark test for this coaching staff to gel his talent into an amazing player that he has potential to be.

He moves like a cat and those arms and hands are lightning quick. He uses those given talents but somehow has difficulty keeping it under control. If he could slow down a bit and use that superman act at the right moments..... imagine. This is a player that very well could coalesce like Pargo did and be a star if he gets it.

Let's hope it happens and I wish him the best.

+1!!!