• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Your Favorite Signature Zag Move/Moments

I have have 2 to mention---

I think of moments in Knights defensive ability -- when one of the opponents is trying to back Knight down in the post--leaning on him hard -- and Knight suddenly backs off the opponent--
    This usually resulted in the other guy falling down-- or at least a traveling call--this move was an art that had to be developed-- (I would love to see our other guys try this move out)--

Another great moment that we saw again and again over Dans career (this was brought to my attention at the event the other night)---
    The clock is winding down at half--or even at the end of a game-- the ball is in Dickaus hands-- it is automatic-- a juke or two to get some separation from the defender and he nails the 3.
    Brings back some good memories---

Do you have any great Zag moments/moves you want to share?

The shattered backboard-- the tip ---so many great moments ....
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Mark Spink v Stanford Bigs in the '99 dance

Truly a Zag effort

Edited to add Q's late three from the same game.
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Butler Guy
      Kennel Club
      • Apr 2007

This one....

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
        Bleeds Bulldog Blue
        • Feb 2007

Stepp makes 9 of 9 shots in the first half.

Ammo is the leading rebounder...for the game.

Zags shoot 71% in the first half, 60% for the game.

Zags score final 17 points of the first half--in just 3 1/2 minutes.

Shaggy plays 7 minutes and makes both his FT's.

The perfect storm.

Expert recap and game analysis of the Gonzaga Bulldogs vs. San Francisco Dons NCAAM game from January 15, 2004 on ESPN.
        Last edited by Angelo Roncalli; 08-25-2007, 09:06 AM.
        You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Pargo's tomahawks vs Memphis and his spin move vs Duke (or was it UNC).

Ronny taking the Georgia game over in OT at the arena.

Cory and Ronny grabbing missed FT rebounds vs Mizzou till 6-7 points were scored.

JP's coming out party vs Okie State in OKC.

How Gonzaga won in The Pit vs New Mexico.

Ad infinitum.
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• AFZag
            Redshirt
            • Jul 2007

Pargo to Heytvelt to start the UW game/ bashing.

Anytime Ravio stepped up to the free throw line.

Comment

• Zags-Bsee
              Kennel Club Material
              • Jul 2007

virtually every play

My favorite moments came in virtually every play when I started watching the Zags about 10 years ago. Every offensive and defensive player almost always were executing to perfection. The defense was incrediably solid all game long and the offense got a lot of easy baskets with great plays. Best of all, the players attitudes were professsional amateurs.

I had never seen such a well coached local team that was so likeable.

Our current talent playing like that could win a national championship.
              Zags - Best sports event ever
              Character - Small Community - and Zags do BB right.

Comment

• kyle dixon
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Key Arena

santangelo's 360 jam vs. UW in the Key Arena to start the game. I remember thinking I could not believe his athleticism--

Comment

• JLGutrocks
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

That Erroll "pulling out the chair" move is, by far, the greatest signature move. He did it all the time and I laughed with every one of 'em.

Pendo's pick and pops last year were money in the bank as well.

ahh the memories.
                  “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Comment

• ZagMania
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                    Pargo's tomahawks vs Memphis and his spin move vs Duke (or was it UNC).
                    Oh man, that Pargo spin versus Duke was just incredible! It was my first live GU game against one of the most marquee programs in the most storied arena. Obnoxious Duke fans everywhere, but Pargo's spin made everyone go crazy. An amazing time despite the result.

Edit: Can anyone find a clip of that play online? I'd love to relive that moment.

Comment

• ZagNative
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Pargo dunks v. Memphis, thanks to one of the great posters on this board, preserved on Youtube.

Comment

• kyle dixon
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

My other

Has to be the defense applied by Q against Quincy Lewis from the Minnesota Golden Gophers in the NCAA tourney in 1999. I mean a 5-8 guy guarding a 6-6+ All American out of the game and taunting him the whole time. Somewhere casey is smiling

Comment

• ZagSlug
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Feb 2007

Adam's 1st half against USF was one of the most amazing performances I have seen in person. He was ready to shoot as soon as he crossed half court.

Axel banking in a 3 against Pepperdine in the Kennel and Santangelo making a twisting reverse layup in a ridiculous come back.
                          sigpic
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• JLGutrocks
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

great memory slug.
                            “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Comment

All of the above. As Slugs wrote - Adam in that USF game being the most amazing show on a basketball court I've ever seen.
                              Lets not forget Erroll's game winning shot at USD. Tons of memories, most of them real good.

Comment

Working...
                              X