PDA

View Full Version : Karnowski..

BTB
12-07-2013, 09:31 PM
is the second most important player on the team. I know everyone is going to talk about all of the things he does poorly and needs to improve on. There is no doubt he can improve his game tremendously. However, as of right now, he is our only defensive presence and rebounding presence in the paint. I am not saying he is anywhere near elite in these categories because he is not. However, he is improving very very quickly. His defensive rotations are WAY better than Dowers and he is the only player we have who can force opponents to alter their shots. We are going to need Karno on the floor as much as possible going forward. If he can avoid picking up cheap fouls he is a double double player w/ 2 blocks per game.

Mantua
12-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I hope Harris has a chance to chat with Dower and Karnowski about their games. They both need encouragement.

thespywhozaggedme
12-07-2013, 09:46 PM
HUH? Dower was awesome tonight, dunks like I'd never seen and great post moves. Karno was facing 7'5 Bhullar and 6'10 Chili who is built like a Greek god.
I hope Harris has a chance to chat with Dower and Karnowski about their games. They both need encouragement.

HenneZag
12-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Looks like his Defense positioning is improving, and we need him.

His offense to say the least "rancid" I don't understand how you can be 7'1 and miss a wide open layup, one possession he just threw the ball backward over his head, I have seen that one a few times.

What I want to see is a mean 7 footer, you get the ball and have some space, break the friggin rim and make him pay, it's nice have a finesse game and skillset but we need toughness along with it.

I was hoping to see some Edwards or Meikle tonight to be honest.

HenneZag
12-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Played fantastic, showed another side I haven't really seen, lovin it.

Oregonzagnut
12-07-2013, 09:58 PM
When Karno can get himself even average hops and vertical leap he will be a major force.

DixieZag
12-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I like that he is shooting his FTs better. Increases his confidence, too.

webspinnre
12-07-2013, 10:50 PM
One of the biggest things I want to see from Karno is to stop going over the back of other players. Go straight up, or let it go.

2wiceright
12-07-2013, 11:20 PM
One of the biggest things I want to see from Karno is to stop going over the back of other players. Go straight up, or let it go.

Very good point webspinner, I was noticing that myself. He was just lucky he didn't get another foul for it tonight- fouling him out.

One nice thing against a team with a big front line he did have 9 and 9- a freethrow and rebound away from a double-double (which if he could consitantly perform with those numbers I would be thrilled for his first year with real minutes!).

Zag79
12-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Played like a beast tonight, for a guy rebounding 3 on 1 often he does a good job on the glass. Not to mention when he's focused and confident he has great rhythm at the line. I think he's going to be the best true big we have had, and thats saying a lot.