PDA

View Full Version : Maui All Tournament Team

Angelo Roncalli
11-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Most Valuable Player
C.J. Fair Syracuse (18.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 6 stls, 3 asts, 1 blk)

2013 EA SPORTS Maui Invitational All-Tournament Team
1) Kevin Pangos Gonzaga (26.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 12 asts, 4 stls)
2) Jerami Grant Syracuse (16.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 5 asts)
3) Devin Oliver Dayton (15.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 10 asts, 4 stls)
4) Cory Jefferson Baylor (13.3 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 6 blks, 1 ast)
5) Justin Cobbs California (21.3 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 16 asts, 6 stls, 2 blks)

http://www.mauiinvitational.com/news/2013/11/28/Syracuse_Champs.aspx?path=mbball

Zagdawg
11-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Congrats Kevin--well deserved.

Zag Man
11-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Didn't get to see the Dayton game since we had visitors in town, but I did see Gonzaga play against Chaminade and Arkansas. Kevin Pangos played like an All-American! Flawless, with purpose, and under control. I'm so impressed with his play this early part of the season! Congratulations on being named to the All-Tournament Team, which is a real honor considering the teams that comprised this year's field!

BTB
11-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Didn't get to see the Dayton game since we had visitors in town, but I did see Gonzaga play against Chaminade and Arkansas. Kevin Pangos played like an All-American! Flawless, with purpose, and under control. I'm so impressed with his play this early part of the season! Congratulations on being named to the All-Tournament Team, which is a real honor considering the teams that comprised this year's field!

I didn't watch the last Cuse v Baylor game but judging from all our games and their first two games, Pangos was the real MVP. They aren't going to give it to someone in the losers bracket, but Kevin played better than CJ Fair. I wouldn't mind having CJ Fair on our team, though :)

gonzagafan62
11-29-2013, 08:02 AM
I didn't watch the last Cuse v Baylor game but judging from all our games and their first two games, Pangos was the real MVP. They aren't going to give it to someone in the losers bracket, but Kevin played better than CJ Fair. I wouldn't mind having CJ Fair on our team, though :)

100% brilliant post.

bartruff1
11-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Too bad he didn't do that in the Championship Game in prime time...he would have a leg up on All American and the Cousy Award..... a lot of that award stuff is a matter of exposure.

Lurknomore
11-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Think this is pretty spot on....

Jimmy Dykes ‏@JimmyDykesLive 28 Nov
Closing thoughts on Maui. Kevin Pangos is the real deal as a player, competitor, and person. Mark Few coaching a special young man
Retweeted by Gonzaga Basketball