• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Gaddy Commits

Rivals reporting that Abdul Gaddy verballed to Arizona today.

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • lothar98zag
    PostPadder General
    • Feb 2007

well then...
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• GSL-KID
      Bulldog Fan
      • Feb 2007

Where would Zona Be ??

BobZag always talks about the key to keeping a program on top is having a connection from year to year to year Without the Northwest Influence, what shape would Zona B-Ball be in today!

Michael Dickerson ~ Federal Way
      Jason Terry ~ Seattle
      Damon Stoudamire Portland
      Salim Stoudamire ~ Portland
      Marcus Williams ~ Seattle
      Abdul Gaddy ~ Seattle

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by lothar98zag View Post
        well then...
        Jared Cunningham or Anthony Marshall, babyyyy. Both are ranked top 75 by Scout, both are very good, both have nice upside, both are hard workers, and both like Gonzaga a lot.

As for Gaddy, he chose his dream school, just as Gibbs chose his dream school. Can't begrudge a kid for that. The best of luck to Abdul and helloooo Jared and Anthony.

Forward.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• wazZag
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

Well good luck to him. It was nice to feel like we were in it for about 12 hours
          FOO!

Comment

• JLGutrocks
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Congrats kid on your dream come true. We wish you all the best. Thank your lucky stars you didn't become an avian.

JL
            “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Comment

• kyle dixon
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

Congrats

All the best to Gaddy. I was wondering where his sidekick Bradley is leaning? I have not heard anything lately with him. Any news there?

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

I think Bradley is a UW lean. Texas is his dream school IF they recruit him.

Comment

• spudzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Scout and/or Rivals don't show Anthony Marshall as interested in Gonzaga. Maybe they just are not up to date. He has listed pretty much the typical BCS group. Looks like he has plenty of talent.

Comment

• spudzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Other options

I'll throw this out again and see if it has any traction. Xavier Thames has list GU for a year now. He is starting to get some ink and may well be a sleeper worth a serious look.

Heres and excerpt for a recent Rivals article:

Elk Grove (Calif.) Pleasant Grove point guard Xavier Thames had a big tournament playing for Compton Magic. Teaming up with Seeley, Thames often stoked the flames of the Magic offense upon his entry. He's quick with the ball, has a solid jumper, and has a lot of energy in his game. We've always been impressed with Thames, and he looks like a player that could make a big leap as a junior.

Comment

• ZagNative
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by spudzag View Post
                      Scout and/or Rivals don't show Anthony Marshall as interested in Gonzaga. Maybe they just are not up to date. He has listed pretty much the typical BCS group. Looks like he has plenty of talent.
                      There was, however, this mention in Rivals on July 23:

"2009 prospect Anthony Marshall UNLV and Colorado State have offered him. Kansas State, Kansas, Arizona, Arizona State, Washington, Washington State, Pepperdine and Gonzaga are all schools of interest."

Comment

• CDC84
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Re:

Scout.com is not up to date on Marshall. Hoopmasters even has Gonzaga connected with Marshall.

Remember, scout.com didn't even have Gonzaga on Pargo's list until he verbaled to Gonzaga despite the fact that there were scout.com articles indicating that he was genuinely interested in the Zags.

They do a very poor job of updating school lists unless the prospect is a top 10 player or something.

Comment

• D Hark 2003
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

bellarmine prepsters doin it big. Go Gaddy!
                          GO ZAGS

Comment

• ZaggyStardust
                            Kennel Club Alum
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rebornzagfan
                            I also want to congratulate Zaggystardust because I know how happy she is right now. Something good has come out of this...one of our faithful has a huge smile on her face. There are some people here on this board that actually do like other teams, and some like them a lot. I have my favorite "other" team, and teams, as well.
                            Thanks Reborn, but to tell you the truth, I would much rather Gaddy become a Zag!!!! However, the GRAND silver lining is that he is a Cat - instead of a DAWG!!!! Now that, makes me very happy!!!!

Comment

• BobZag
                              Dark Lord of the Zag
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by spudzag View Post
                              I'll throw this out again and see if it has any traction. Xavier Thames has list GU for a year now. He is starting to get some ink and may well be a sleeper worth a serious look.

Heres and excerpt for a recent Rivals article:

Elk Grove (Calif.) Pleasant Grove point guard Xavier Thames had a big tournament playing for Compton Magic. Teaming up with Seeley, Thames often stoked the flames of the Magic offense upon his entry. He's quick with the ball, has a solid jumper, and has a lot of energy in his game. We've always been impressed with Thames, and he looks like a player that could make a big leap as a junior.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=701218
                              Spud, Xavier is a good player and I would assume a Zag coach will stop by his school in a few weeks to watch open gym... That said, I think the #1 gaurd prospect for GU in the Bay Area is Jared Cunningham. But they'll no doubt keep an eye on Thames. With Gaddy now off the board, the priority will be to get the best guard possible, no matter where he's from. Thus far, I think it's Marshall and Cunningham. Things can change in a blink, though, as you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X