PDA

View Full Version : GBJ's shot is as pretty as Ray Allen's

FuManShoes
11-11-2013, 06:18 PM
I said it when he was a frosh, and I'll say it again: Gary Bell Jr has the prettiest shot in Washington since Ray Allen was a Sonic. If he stays healthy, what a weapon.

* And no, I'm not saying GBJ is as good as Ray Allen or that he's an NBA guy. Size, inconsistency, lack of a midrange game and the injury bug conspire against him. But that shot - oh so pretty.

KOzag08
11-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I said it when he was a frosh, and I'll say it again: Gary Bell Jr has the prettiest shot in Washington since Ray Allen was a Sonic. If he stays healthy, what a weapon.

* And no, I'm not saying GBJ is as good as Ray Allen or that he's an NBA guy. Size, inconsistency, lack of a midrange game and the injury bug conspire against him. But that shot - oh so pretty.

Ray has the prettiest shot in the history of the game ... let's not get carried away. He does have a great shot though.

FuManShoes
11-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm talking about their form, not comparing their accomplishments. I see similar looking shots, and tonight, at least, similar results. You don't see it, fine.

Mantua
11-11-2013, 07:03 PM
I don't want to join your argument, but I understand the impulse to praise Gary Bell to the skies. I have loved the guy since I watched him play at State and then join the Prep crowd to cheer for G-Prep.

I also love Ray Allen. Caught him in Spike Lee's "He Got Game" last weekend.

GUZag08
11-11-2013, 07:20 PM
I see you FuMan. Both him and Pangos have sweet strokes form wise

DixieZag
11-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Both Gary and Kevin have really smooth strokes. Gary's advantage is that he gets far more elevation and shots the ball way above his head. Not saying he is necessarily a better shooter than Pangos (though it is awfully close - frosh year he might have been better) but Gary has a far easier time getting his shot off.

He also had some great assists tonight.

My favorite play of the game was Gary had just hit about his fourth 3 in a row and rather than glory in himself coming back down the floor, he was pushing Coleman over to his defensive assignment. Gary being Gary - hitting everything but already thinking defense three steps back.

Ekrub
11-11-2013, 10:11 PM
And now we finally see the consequences of marijuana being legalized in Washington

Oregonzagnut
11-11-2013, 10:33 PM
And now we finally see the consequences of marijuana being legalized in Washington

This was the "pre-Maui" wowie invitational?

A Colorado team and a Washington team hook up for the first Div 1 collegiate basketball game of two green-legal states.

Reborn
11-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Ray has the prettiest shot in the history of the game ... let's not get carried away. He does have a great shot though.

Sorry, but Gary's shot sure was pretty tonight. Damn pretty. Bang, bang, bang, swish, swish, bang, bang, bang. Smooth. Pretty. Go Gary Bell. You're my ninja shooter. Pangos started out just as hot but cooled off when he went to the bench. 14 threes.....now that's Ninja shooting...........

Go Zags!!!

Birddog
11-12-2013, 02:40 AM
I seem to remember several regular posters last season questioning Bell's confidence and whether or not he was playing through injury. I think the truth is self evident.

23zagmd
11-12-2013, 08:18 AM
It's pretty, but the best thing about his shot is how quickly he catches and shoots. It is a unique characteristic to be able to have both. He squares his feet and body and gets the shot off with amazing efficiency and better than anyone I've seen in a long time in college basketball. That release......I love that release!

jagwalkley
11-12-2013, 09:55 AM
He does have a great shot and this year lets hope they give them the green light.I think Co lman has the look of Morrison.He is not a ball hog(I hope)but knows you need to score the ball to win.You have to think they are all going in or sit on the bench and be happy.Kyle would get more aggressive he would do better to. A little shy,I think.