PDA

View Full Version : Give me some guidance. Living over 2,500 miles away, I've only seen one Zag

TravelinZag
11-11-2013, 04:04 PM
game live. Now, I'm packing for Maui. Mods, give me a little indulgence please, before bouncing this to the cellar where I won't get answers in time. Leave in two days. Assume two Zags golf shirts -- one blue, one red --covers me for the three-game tourney. How does one find out which people are wearing ahead of a game? Second, is there any place in Maui that I couldn't get into or would fell out of place without a sport coat?
A bit of help will help me finish packing before tonight's game. Thanks.

kitzbuel
11-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Ditch the sport coat. Ditch all thoughts of sport coats. There is no place you will go that a Hawaiian shirt will not work.

ZagMan in Philly
11-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Ditch the sport coat. Ditch all thoughts of sport coats. There is no place you will go that a Hawaiian shirt will not work.

+1
Bring a good camera and video recorder too.

DixieZag
11-11-2013, 07:31 PM

Yep. Spent summers in Hawaii in school. In Hawaii a person in a sports coat is far more likely to stand out and be out of place.

The shirts are called "Aloha shirts" - they are short sleeve, patterned, long and buttoned up. In Hawaii, they are worn for formal occasions - weddings, baptisms, nice dinners, etc.

Last, the Lei's are not just a tourist thing. They are very much part of the culture and there are some good men's ones - less flowery, often more greenery. One will actually endear themselves to the locals buying a nice one and wearing it out to dinner or for drinks.

willandi
11-11-2013, 07:46 PM
I wanna' get Lei'd!

TravelinZag
11-12-2013, 04:15 AM
How do fans know which color shirt to wear to each game? Thanks for your help. Mods, if I get an answer to this, please move or delete. Got part of the info. Thanks for your patience. Didn' finish packing anyway; watching Gary was too much fun!

MickMick
11-12-2013, 04:27 AM
My daughter's band played in Hawaii last year.

Bring cash, shorts, sandals, and loose fitting shirts. In that order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfM_mo0vk_A

DixieZag
11-12-2013, 06:34 AM
How do fans know which color shirt to wear to each game? Thanks for your help. Mods, if I get an answer to this, please move or delete. Got part of the info. Thanks for your patience. Didn' finish packing anyway; watching Gary was too much fun!

There actually is really rarely an announcement as to which color to where. A couple years ago the scoreboard would say which color was supposed to be worn next game but they haven't been doing that this year. There are some games where they give out t-shirts (one or two a year).

Don't sweat it.

See Mick mick's post - you'll be fine.

Pargo the Destroyer
11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Highly recommend wearing a sports coat and a pea coat over that. And wear some boots. You know, boots with the fur. Good golly man don't over think it. Wear some gu swag and don't sit on your hands the whole game and you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure the fashion police will be on vacation too so you should be fine with white, dark blue or red.