PDA

View Full Version : GU on ESPN MBB Front Page

Angelo Roncalli
11-11-2013, 09:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/

Oregonzagnut
11-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Gonzaga is like a 6th man in the national media. When the 1st choice power schools aren't available, they know they can get a strong TV audience in any part of the country by showing a Gonzaga game. No matter where I go, there is someone who says, "I like Gonzaga." Even overseas! The media knows there is national appeal to Gonzaga and there is no other mid-major program that is also a media favorite, like Gonzaga.

Gonzaga isn't always a favorite of people I meet, but I rarely find anyone who says "I don't like Gonzaga."

UberZagFan
11-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Gonzaga is like a 6th man in the national media. When the 1st choice power schools aren't available, they know they can get a strong TV audience in any part of the country by showing a Gonzaga game. No matter where I go, there is someone who says, "I like Gonzaga." Even overseas! The media knows there is national appeal to Gonzaga and there is no other mid-major program that is also a media favorite, like Gonzaga.

Gonzaga isn't always a favorite of people I meet, but I rarely find anyone who says "I don't like Gonzaga."

You must not frequent a lot of areas with high concentrations of UW grads.

jazzdelmar
11-11-2013, 03:04 PM

Absolutely true.

Oregonzagnut
11-11-2013, 03:32 PM
You must not frequent a lot of areas with high concentrations of UW grads.

You are right, I don't. Nor do I frequent California or North Carolina. But even right on Parrington Lawn you find Gonzaga fans, so there must be a lot of closet Zags in Seattle. Even Wallingford and Laurelhurst. But IMO, the real kicker is that I'd bet Gonzaga has more fans nationwide than UW does. Only IMO of course. ;)