PDA

View Full Version : USA Hoops

Zag79
08-22-2007, 10:08 PM
us pounded (yes i know venezuela sucks) lil venice tonight. looked really good all around. i think the addition of mike miller, michael redd, and jason kidd will turn this thing around. i never believed the world had caught up so much as we didnt have the right or best team we could assemble playing. this is the team that brings the gold back home. if you saw the game you will agree, wow. carmelo, kobe, lebron, howard... nice.

former1dog
08-23-2007, 08:58 AM
From what I watched, 79, I would have to disagree with the assessment that the US team looked really good all around. Waaaay to much isolation and one on one play for my liking. This style, IMO, is what has gotten us into trouble in recent years in international play. Top international teams from other countries may lack the overall talent level, but they are doing better in the team ball aspect. I hope the Phoenix NBA coach, who is an assistant, can exert evem more influence on the offensive side of the ball for Team USA.

Zag79
08-28-2007, 09:32 PM
interesting thoughts F1. from a team that lost to puerto rico by a ton to a team thats not breaking a sweat and winning by 30-40 points a game is an improvement to me. unselfish play by everyone, passing to the open man every time, in your face d, much improved 3 point shooting, i cant complain.

former1dog
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
interesting thoughts F1. from a team that lost to puerto rico by a ton to a team thats not breaking a sweat and winning by 30-40 points a game is an improvement to me. unselfish play by everyone, passing to the open man every time, in your face d, much improved 3 point shooting, i cant complain.

I have been more impressed by their team play in more recent outings. Time will tell.