PDA

View Full Version : November's W - L Record Prediction Poll

RenoZag
11-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Are we optimistic, realistic, or gloom and doomers ? As the regular season approaches, I wonder what the pulse of GUB is re: expectations of the Zags out of the starting gate.

Oregonzagnut
11-06-2013, 05:54 AM
7-0! On paper, I don't see any game we should lose. All we should win. Even in the Maui we should take the whole kit and caboodle.

MTZag03
11-06-2013, 07:55 AM
7 and 0

DADoZAG
11-06-2013, 08:08 AM
'Cuse will be tough. Only loss until @ BYU unless Kevin forgets the past. Only two losses till round of 32 unless ZAGS stay local (which won't happen).

JMO.

Go ZAGS!

exclusivelee
11-06-2013, 08:22 AM
6-1 ... and 5-2 isn't out of question

November looks to be difficult

Games to give us the toughest test:

Syracuse (in Maui, not a guaranteed matchup, but expect Zags play them & may come up short)
Baylor (in Maui, also not a guaranteed opponent, but they should give GU a big test)
Wazzu (they may "hibernate" against every other opponent, but the Cougs tend to nearly always play the Zags until the buzzer)

exclusivelee
11-06-2013, 08:25 AM
'Cuse will be tough. Only loss until @ BYU unless Kevin forgets the past. Only two losses till round of 32 unless ZAGS stay local (which won't happen).

JMO.

Go ZAGS!

I fear Memphis in February. Not that many times Gonzaga has won against them... and they have a strong team this year

I expect a loss there, too

primal23
11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
5-2, win at home and one in Maui

kitzbuel
11-06-2013, 10:07 AM
I just don't see us losing two games at Maui. We would have to lose to Baylor and then most likely to Minn/CAL/Ark. I don't see that happening. Worst case 6-1, I picked 7-0.

kitzbuel
11-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I just don't see us losing two games at Maui. We would have to lose to Baylor and then most likely to Minn/CAL/Ark. I don't see that happening. Worst case 6-1, I picked 7-0.

OK, we can lose to Dayton (again, unlikely in my book) and then lose to one of the teams above, still not happening.

TravelinZag
11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Will be in Maui & excited about it! Will see most of the quality opponents Zags will meet this year; all if I can score Memphis tickets. Expect Zags to come in 4-0. A loss in the first four would be DOOMED! Winning it all in Maui would be great -- barring a complete collapse, and assuming at least playing competitive at Memphis, Zags would start the NCAA tourney in Spokane. Winning two in Maui and a close loss to 'Cuse would be okay -- but would have to beat Memphis on the road for a shot to start the dance in Spokane. Losing to anyone other than Syracuse in Maui = DOOMED! Losing to anyone at home on this year's schedule = DOOMED! LOSING more than two in the WCC (including conference tourney) = DOOMED! The awful WCC is our friend this year. Realistic: four to seven losses (assuming none are "bad") and the Zags dance without an automatic bid. Any more: is it bad form to decline an invite to the NIT? Certainly would decline the other, lesser (or is that loser) tournaments -- CBI, CTI other alphabet soup equivalents of a "Tidi-bowl Toilet Bowl" football game for 6-6 teams.

cjm720
11-06-2013, 11:46 AM
6-1. I see us losing to Syracuse. Hope I'm wrong!

LongIslandZagFan
11-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Doomed! Doomed, I tell ya'!!! DOOOOOMMMMMMED!

DixieZag
11-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Doomed! Doomed, I tell ya'!!! DOOOOOMMMMMMED!

Yes, but how doomed?

I go with 2 loss doomed.

Zagger
11-06-2013, 01:50 PM
7 zip! Go Zags!

MDABE80
11-06-2013, 03:29 PM
2 losses without much a doubt. Kids have the talent to go 7-0 but they need time together to develop as a team. If they are a cohesive unit already ( I don't know that for certain) they can do 7-0. We'll have to see. Bryant is a pretty good team to open with. COl St will be a tough game. Maui? we wont win it and that means 1 loss.
I hope this group is good.
I'd hate to be facing Coleman Pangos and Bell (if they've become a unit..........this unit is absolutely key.

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-06-2013, 04:44 PM
6-1. I foresee a loss in Maui - either to Baylor or the 'Cuse. I'm hoping that the Zags take down the Orange, because I work with a few Syracuse alumni and they've never stopped reminding me of that ugly performance we had against Syracuse in the Dance a few years ago.

LongIslandZagFan
11-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Did you learn nothing last year. You'll get no positive predictions outta this guy.

DixieZag
11-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Did you learn nothing last year. You'll get no positive predictions outta this guy.

True.

Now that I think about it, was my 2 loss prediction a positive one, also?

I sure hope not!

Kiddwell
11-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Kiddwell's on the fence regarding a game vs. Baylor. If we play well, we can take 'em, but Baylor's been pretty athletic of late. So assuming a win vs. them, Kiddwell thinks we hit a brick wall against Syracuse. It'd be nice to beat those weeners (for a change), but so early in the season with questionable depth up front...um, don't think we getter done.

Hoping for 7-0, but thinking 6-1 more likely.

:]

Zagger
11-07-2013, 01:19 PM
6-1. I foresee a loss in Maui - either to Baylor or the 'Cuse. I'm hoping that the Zags take down the Orange, because I work with a few Syracuse alumni and they've never stopped reminding me of that ugly performance we had against Syracuse in the Dance a few years ago.
Right now on the AP Top 25 Preseason thingie Syracuse is #8 and the Zags are #15. So, if the Zags win out in Hawaii (and happen to win all games this month prior to Maui) what do ya think the Zags' poll number would be after topping out in Maui? Yeah, I like to dream. But, I think this Zags bunch can do it. There are both veteran Zags and new Zags with talent. I really think the Zags are going to be hard to beat ..... IF they can handle the ball well and not get into fouling troubles. November is going to be a very interesting month!

primal23
11-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Right now on the AP Top 25 Preseason thingie Syracuse is #8 and the Zags are #15. So, if the Zags win out in Hawaii (and happen to win all games this month prior to Maui) what do ya think the Zags' poll number would be after topping out in Maui? Yeah, I like to dream. But, I think this Zags bunch can do it. There are both veteran Zags and new Zags with talent. I really think the Zags are going to be hard to beat ..... IF they can handle the ball well and not get into fouling troubles. November is going to be a very interesting month!

This is why I think they lose twice in Maui. Frontcourt depth, or lack thereof, and the new rules to adjust to = 2 loses away from K2 IMHO.

primal23
11-27-2013, 07:13 PM
I love being wrong!!