PDA

View Full Version : The Anthem of the 2013-2014 WCC Champs

bayareafan
11-05-2013, 01:14 PM
The USF Dons, obviously not the Zags.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDJtAhplaw8

LongIslandZagFan
11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Wasn't sure last years attempt could be topped... But dang... That set the bar even lower.

Hopes of winning the WCC about the same as JRs chance at a music career.

Zagdawg
11-05-2013, 01:26 PM
That is 55 seconds of my life that I will never get back (no I did not watch it all).

The dons are a special group of kiddos.

kitzbuel
11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
"An error occurred, please try again later."

sittingon50
11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Wiping away the tears!!!

And ZagDawg, I made it to :58. Do I win something?

All we can hope for is that JR (the wrestler?) & Lil Abner graduate early & move along.

Zagdawg
11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
The funniest thing is all three fans that frequent dons central actually like it -- I thought it was some guys making fun of their team (or maybe it is some guys making fun of their team and they just don't realize it).

sittingon50
11-05-2013, 02:23 PM
They need some help from these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

DixieZag
11-05-2013, 02:45 PM
The funniest thing is all three fans that frequent dons central actually like it -- I thought it was some guys making fun of their team (or maybe it is some guys making fun of their team and they just don't realize it).

Maybe next year, we should put out our own hoax video for the 2014-15 WCC Champions and then send it out into the intertubes and let the 3.5 fans on DonCentral (highlighterspill.com) to take the Pepsi challenge and figure out what one is the spoof and which one is the "real deal champions video."

MTZag03
11-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Well that's it guys. We might as well pack it in and wait till next year. We are doomed!

FrancisTheGoat
11-05-2013, 08:27 PM
The other day I go to a brothel, and I meet nice lady but she was not very clean. 3 days later, I have explosive diarrhea.

FrancisTheGoat
11-05-2013, 08:28 PM
The other day I go to a brothel, and I meet nice lady but she was not very clean. 3 days later, I have explosive diarrhea.

Oh, and dis song reminded me of what the explosive diarrhea sound like. Sorry, iyz tryna member why I was telling dat story.

kitzbuel
11-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Oh, and dis song reminded me of what the explosive diarrhea sound like. Sorry, iyz tryna member why I was telling dat story.

I have nothing to say now.

GoZags
11-06-2013, 06:52 AM
I have nothing to say now.

I do.

Seems to me there has been quite a bit of justifiable scoffing at a number of our WCC bretheren for their lack of commitment to Basketball .... for their half filled gyms for games "not against" Gonzaga or BYU (or maybe SMC). For other WCC school's student's lack of interest.

While I'm very hopeful that the tune from "The Dons Won" isn't stuck in my head (from the 1:46 that I watched) ..... I do have to give a "tip of the cap" to the students that created and produced it ..... for their audience.

Just doesn't seem right that we have it both ways ... i.e. mock a student cheering section for not doing anything and then mock a cheering section for actually doing something. Good for them ..... and nothing wrong with dreaming about winning a title. There are some of us that remember a 24 win, regular WCC season champ Gonzaga squad being dispatched to Laramie for the NIT shortly after being upset in the Title game .... in that case .... and in other recent cases v GU that mantra "The Dons Won" was actually true.

As for the actual premise? .... '13/'14 WCC Champs? I'm hopeful that it will be Gonzaga ... actually have a little confidence that it will be. But it is not going to be easy as a number of other WCC programs HAVE elevated their game. And you never know when a Ra’oof Sadat is going to come from out of nowhere in a Title game and light up the net to beat you.
-------
Now ... with that being said ... this continues to be my favorite student produced video .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiC7X_Lirg8 (particularly since Ben and Ryan let Gonzaga's "TwoAwkwardDudes" get away with it).

MTZag03
11-06-2013, 07:03 AM
I do.

Seems to me there has been quite a bit of justifiable scoffing at a number of our WCC bretheren for their lack of commitment to Basketball .... for their half filled gyms for games "not against" Gonzaga or BYU (or maybe SMC). For other WCC school's student's lack of interest.

While I'm very hopeful that the tune from "The Dons Won" isn't stuck in my head (from the 1:46 that I watched) ..... I do have to give a "tip of the cap" to the USF students that created and produced it ..... for their audience.

Just doesn't seem right that we have it both ways ... i.e. mock a student cheering section for not doing anything and then mock a cheering section for actually doing something. Good for them ..... and nothing wrong with dreaming about winning a title. There are some of us that remember a 24 win, regular WCC season champ Gonzaga squad being dispatched to Laramie for the NIT shortly after being upset in the Title game .... in that case .... and in other recent cases v GU that mantra "The Dons Won" was actually true.

As for the actual premise? .... '13/'14 WCC Champs? I'm hopeful that it will be Gonzaga ... actually have a little confidence that it will be. But it is not going to be easy as a number of other WCC programs HAVE elevated their game. And you never know when a Ra’oof Sadat is going to come from out of nowhere in a Title game and light up the net.
-------
Now ... with that being said ... this continues to be my favorite student produced video .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiC7X_Lirg8 (particularly since Ben and Ryan let Gonzaga's "TwoAwkwardDudes" get away with it).

I agree. It is a good thing they are getting into it and maybe we shouldn't judge. We can still make fun of it though. They just set themselves up. I will say this years version is better than last, and at least they are not going around posting it everywhere.

bigblahla
11-06-2013, 09:47 AM
The casual Zag fan who does not follow basketball will be surprised by some of our WCC brethren when the conference portion of our season rolls out. The Dons will be a handful at WMG for all who visit. I'm hopeful they don't bring that show on the road when they come to K2. The WCC will be a battle from beginning to end.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

primal23
11-06-2013, 09:58 AM
This is a better anthem for USF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7KnYd4Qk6c