• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Melson visiting

Before there are any sitings of potential players-- SSF is reporting a Melson official taking place this weekend.

Slipper Still Fits‏@slipperstillfit27m
    Per @ICPelite, #ZagClass14 commit Silas Melson is on his way to Spokane for his official visit.
  • Kiddwell
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Welcome, Melson! Thanks for picking GU! You...are...going to... rock The House starting next season. And now as a token of thanks, some new sunglasses!

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Silas,

First, welcome and we love having you here. Much respect for making a good choice and we wish you all the best.

Second, enjoy your senior HS year. You'll never go to HS again. Get everything you want out of it.

Third, I pray to God you are not reading this, if you are, fold up the laptop or shut down the phone and never open again. Listen to coaches as to how you are doing.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• exclusivelee
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2013

Silas Melson ‏@KampaignSilas
        At this gonzaga game...its turnt up
        6:05 PM - 25 Oct 13

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2011

2014-15 Melson, Perkins, Pangos, Bell, Wiltjer, Coleman, Nunez, Edwards, Dranginis, Meikle, ....maybe Karnowski? etc etc?

WOW!!
          “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• exclusivelee
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2013

Silas Melson @KampaignSilas
            Last nights entertainment pic.twitter.com/z1lQzlGBN3
            1:02 PM - 26 Oct 13

Comment

• Zippyzaggy
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Mar 2013

Silas just tweeted "Today I'm staying after school and talking to all my teachers"

Maybe he simply wants to let them in on the fact that he needs to do well in school in order to attend Gonzaga. And, that he will not disappoint?

In all seriousness though, hopefully he is not struggling in school. I talked to a professor after school once...and it was to beg for a bone (better grade).

Link- https://twitter.com/KampaignSilas

Comment

• hooter73
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2008

I bet hes getting proactive on keeping his academics in order.

I never did that...
                "I cant graduate unless I get a 2.0 in your class... can I write an extra report, or wash your car, or take your ugly daughter out on a date or something?"

Yeah, I was not the best student.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                  I bet hes getting proactive on keeping his academics in order.

I never did that...
                  "I cant graduate unless I get a 2.0 in your class... can I write an extra report, or wash your car, or take your ugly daughter out on a date or something?"

Yeah, I was not the best student.
                  Nor I...let's just say I partook of the entire "Gonzaga experience."

The best motivator came from dear old Uncle Samuel: graduate in 4 years and enter the Army as a 2nd LT, or fail to graduate in 4 years and enter the Army as a Spec 4.
                  Combine that with a change of majors, and that resulted in averaging 21 hours/semester for my last 3 semesters.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                    Nor I...let's just say I partook of the entire "Gonzaga experience."

The best motivator came from dear old Uncle Samuel: graduate in 4 years and enter the Army as a 2nd LT, or fail to graduate in 4 years and enter the Army as a Spec 4.
                    Combine that with a change of majors, and that resulted in averaging 21 hours/semester for my last 3 semesters.
                    How can you "enter" the Army as an E4? You mean as a ROTC washout?

Comment

• Zagdawg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Depending on the amount of college education you have at the time that you enter the service, they used to allow you to enter at a higher rank based upon the amount of college credits that you have achieved.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                        Depending on the amount of college education you have at the time that you enter the service, they used to allow you to enter at a higher rank based upon the amount of college credits that you have achieved.
                        Wow, gotta say I've never heard that and I did basic at Ft. Lewis and advanced at Yakima Firing Center in the late 60s. Everyone goes through basic and maybe you get rank faster but not out of the box. News to me.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Did my basic at Ft. Leonardwood (Ft lost in the woods, misery as some would call it) and advanced at Ft Sam in Texas. I have spent plenty of time at the Yakima Firing Center overseeing firing ranges as a medic (sweating to death in my medical M113).

Comment

• DZ
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2007

Back to Silas - - I think this shows the opposite of a potential problem. Talking to teachers, taking responsibility, heading any potential problems off at the pass. Sounds to me like a Zag before being a Zag.

I respect the people that can compete at a high level of HS or GU and keep grades up. It is not easy for us that had no distractions - being able to do it while competing takes serious commitment.
                            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                            Mark Twain.

Comment

• Reborn
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                              Wow, gotta say I've never heard that and I did basic at Ft. Lewis and advanced at Yakima Firing Center in the late 60s. Everyone goes through basic and maybe you get rank faster but not out of the box. News to me.
                              Did you ever swing into Yakima? My hometown and where I live now. Your post made me feel good knowing you once lived so close to me, but then I was most likely at GU in Spokane at that time (unless it was summer).
                              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X