• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs Simon Frazier...Why I'm excited

At last our first game is here, even though it's an exhibition game. Finally, we get to see our 2013-14 Zags as a team vs another team. I've always loved the exhibition game, and always listened to it on the radio. It used to come in from Spokane (I live in Yakima) and I'd have to drive all over Yakima to listen to the game. It would come in for awhile in one spot and then I'd lose it. Usually, I finally would find a place that I could settle down in and listen to the game. I have always wanted to to see, or hear, how our new players were on the court. This year that would be Coleman and Edwards, as well as wanting to see how our returnees would do in a more expanded role. This year that will be Dower and PK.

I guess I'm most excited about Coleman because he's finally going to get to hit the court in a real game. I'm really pulling for him to have a good outing. I'm also very, very curious about Dower and PK and especially because they didn't do much in the scrimmage a couple weeks ago at Kraziness.

Who will be the biggest surprise. I'm voting for Sam Dower. I have a very good feeling about Sam this year. He's a senior, and Sam has waited patiently for his turn. I wish him the best of luck, not only tomorrow night, but all this year.

Questions? How badly will PK dominate in this exhibition game?
    Will we see new roles for Kevin and Gary?

I also look forward to all of the reports of fans who post here who were at the game. Lucky dogs (bulldogs).

Go Zags!!!
    Last edited by Reborn; 10-24-2013, 06:15 PM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • Oregonzagnut
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2011

There is no denying the excitement and build up to this years first game. This year I am more at ease with wondering or worrying, or even just constantly pinching myself to make sure my alma mater's basketball program isn't a dream. I am usually pessimistic and my analysis is "constructive criticism". But this off-season I am very optimistic and that blind optimism is somewhat new to me. I believe we are seeing the beginning of an elite recruiting reputation. With the coaching philosophy and the specialized player development that Mark Few has built at Gonzaga, we will see dsfelite Gonzaga teams coming up AT LEAST through 2015-16. I also believe we will have the tournament success to back up our regular season success. Olynyk and Harris are proving to the NBA GMs that Mark Few can produce professionals. Gonzaga is also churning out future head coaches who take whatever Mark Few's philosophy has rubbed off on them and they make coaching careers out of it.

So for me, this game marks the first game of not just the season, but of a new era for Gonzaga.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• Section 116
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

A look at Simon Fraser: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/10...ks-to-rebound/

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

Nice job Reborn. I look forward to your unapologetic optimism and joy each game.

My prediction for surprise of the year is Gary Bell - - chases Kevin (closely) for POY in WCC
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Thanks, Reborn, for so eloquently describing the excitement of a new season! Can't wait to see Sam and PK pick up the mantle of Elias and Kelly.

I'm most excited for Kyle Dranginis and/or Stockton.....for some reason I think one or the other (both!?) will prove to be a most pleasant star for these Zags.
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• hooter73
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2008

Im not really expecting to see a well oiled machine or a single player dominate above and beyond. its the first game to shake off some rust, some guys might have some new roles and all that so Im just excited to see a new year begin. Of course after this we have to wait like two weeks for the next actual game, Im not excited about that lol.

Comment

• bigblahla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
              Im not really expecting to see a well oiled machine or a single player dominate above and beyond. its the first game to shake off some rust, some guys might have some new roles and all that so Im just excited to see a new year begin. Of course after this we have to wait like two weeks for the next actual game, Im not excited about that lol.
              Agree hooter this ones to loosen up and as you stated help shake off the rust. The Zags have to be excited to be playing someone else other than teammates. No expectations other than victory. Finally the season begins.

Go!! Zags!!!
              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• primal23
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I am excited because this has been a LONG offseason(although they always are).
                11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                "Make it yourself"
                "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
                "Okay"

Comment

• hooter73
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2008

Highly recommend no one does what I am currently doing and watching the Illinois @ Gonzaga 12-8-12 game on youtube. We are not going to look like that team for a while yet.

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

It looks like Sam played very good, 20 and 12. Karnowski as well, 13 and 9 Sam could be the next BIG surprise and I personally think he has it in him. I sure didn't see anything new about the roles that Kevin and Gary played.

I didn't see the game, but by looking at the score and stats I'd have to say the Zags played good. I am most impressed with the game that Coleman and Barham brought off the bench. The team seemed to play best when those two were in. I would consider Barham's game to be one of the things that surprised me. His stat line is pretty good.
                    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X