PDA

View Full Version : OT: Washington State High School Coaching Icon Passes On

SWZag
10-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Mods, feel free to move.

Naselle coaching icon Lyle Patterson dies (http://tdn.com/preps/naselle-coaching-icon-lyle-patterson-dies/article_6f0e49f8-3ad5-11e3-b8b8-0019bb2963f4.html)

The fourth winningest (Second when he retired) high school coach in the history of basketball in the State of Washington. He was a great coach and greater individual. He was born in the Spokane area but gained fame coaching for Naselle High in Southwest Washington. One of the finest to come out of the state.

SWZag

sittingon50
10-22-2013, 12:31 PM
His teams were always showing up for the State B in Spokane.

TimboZag
10-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Great man and a great coach.
He will be missed.

Hoopaholic
10-22-2013, 03:03 PM
RIP coach. One of the greatest technicians, motivators and human being our state has seen grace the hardwood of washington

fedwayzag
10-22-2013, 03:44 PM
RIP coach. One of the greatest technicians, motivators and human being our state has seen grace the hardwood of washington

You could always hear him saying back back back when the other team got a rebound. Always enjoyed watching his teams. A couple of them had the talent to win the state title but came up short.

GoZagsGo
10-22-2013, 06:48 PM
I played against Naselle and Coach Patterson twice in the district tournament, once my freshman year in a winner to state loser out game (Naselle won) and once my junior year in loser out game (my team won). He retired after my junior year but he did come to one of my home games my senior year and gave a great speech to the team that I will never forget. I can still hear his voice "GUNNY SACK, GUNNY SACK, MONSTER, MONSTER". RIP