PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Prices - Good For a Laugh

75Zag
10-19-2013, 04:48 AM
Check out Stubhub listing for GU home game ticket prices. You can buy season tickets for either $10,000 or $12,000 per seat, or you can get tickets to individual games for $275 up. I have no idea whether anyone actually pays these prices or whether the listings are some sort of fantasy, but is good for a laugh if nothing else.

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=gonzaga&searchMode=event&rows=50&start=0&nS=0&ae=1&sp=Date&sd=1

Go Bulldogs!

PS - if one of you is a seller on these Stubhub listings, I mean no offense, I am simply amazed that any sane non-billionaire would consider paying that much for a televised game.

DixieZag
10-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Check out Stubhub listing for GU home game ticket prices. You can buy season tickets for either $10,000 or $12,000 per seat, or you can get tickets to individual games for $275 up. I have no idea whether anyone actually pays these prices or whether the listings are some sort of fantasy, but is good for a laugh if nothing else.

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=gonzaga&searchMode=event&rows=50&start=0&nS=0&ae=1&sp=Date&sd=1

Go Bulldogs!

PS - if one of you is a seller on these Stubhub listings, I mean no offense, I am simply amazed that any sane non-billionaire would consider paying that much for a televised game.

I can't afford to buy tickets at this point in my life but have been lucky to be given some from family to quite a few games, there have been enough times that I was offered ridiculous sums . . . I was glad they were a gift and not mine to sell.

Zagger
10-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Go Bulldogs!
Just posted this on Craig's List:
Would like to buy 2 WCC 2014 Men's Basketball Tournament tickets from a Zags season ticket holder. The Mrs. & I will be in Las Vegas for 3/8 through 3/11 and would like to take in any/all Zags games. Looking for a fair price :-) Go Zags!
Wonder what sort of replies I'll get??? We were able to get tickets from a season ticket holder 4 years ago for face value (might have been 5 years ago???). I do know that the Orleans Arena (or WCC?) will have some for sale beginning in December. The Mrs. & I would like to get way ahead on our spring plans though (making sure we can get time off from work, etc.)
Go Zags!

zagamatic
10-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Turns out that I don't have to buy tickets for the December 28th game against Santa Clara because I won the drawing from Kraziness in the Kennel. :-)

krozman
10-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Do people still have to pay for a club that puts you on a list that maybe gets you seats in 5+ years?

Shanachie
10-22-2013, 01:52 PM

Go Bulldogs!

Stubhub prices seem to be really high compared with other sites. Several years ago, before I decided to heed the warnings from the athletic department about re-selling my season tickets, I sold a number of individual game tickets on ebay. To my surprise, on two different occasions the buyer of my tickets had me send them directly to someone they had sold them to on Stubhub. How they pulled off the timing etc., and how much profit they made, I don't know, but based on the prices I had seen on Stubhub, I was shocked that anyone would buy there rather than ebay. I have no problem with the buyer flipping me like that, but if the Stubhub buyer was willing to pay so much, I wish he would have come over to my auction on ebay instead. We both would have been happier I think.