PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Is On Fire!

katman50
10-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Am watching the Celtics playing the Raptors. Six minutes left in the second quarter and Kelly has 11 points on 5/6 shooting and about 5 boards. Nice moves, just like vintage Kelly in college last year.

I've watched all of the Celtic's exhibition games this year and you can tell that KO is just feeling things out. He isn't able to easily complete his moves to the basket like he did against college players last year, but he is playing smart. Obviously he is not the first option and is going against good athletic players, but he is playing within himself, testing the waters and playing smart. I'm excited for the guy. Go KO!

Ekrub
10-16-2013, 04:19 PM
It will take time for him to adjust. He will add more to his skill set to be able to compete in the NBA. Very smart player with an NBA body. He had a good game the other night too. 5/6 and 14 points.

zagssuperfan
10-16-2013, 04:28 PM
I've watched all of the Celtic's exhibition games this year and you can tell that KO is just feeling things out. He isn't able to easily complete his moves to the basket like he did against college players last year, but he is playing smart.

Kelly is still recovering from plantar fasciitis. He seems to be recovering pretty well, but that is an injury that can affect athletes for quite a while. Its probably slowing him down some still, plus he hasn't been able to workout the last couple months like he normally would have. So it may be awhile before he is at full speed.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm watching the post-game show on Comcast, the regional sports affiliate that broadcasts most of these games in New England. He was just named the player of the game.

Zagnificent
10-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Final Line: 6/7 from the field for 13 points with team-high 9 rebounds...all in 26min. Can't get a whole lot more efficient than that. It also looks like he had 6 fouls though, so there's still plenty of room for improvement defensively.

ZaGranny
10-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Final Line: 6/7 from the field for 13 points with team-high 9 rebounds...all in 26min. Can't get a whole lot more efficient than that. It also looks like he had 6 fouls though, so there's still plenty of room for improvement defensively.

I was watching the game at the end. Kelly had to get his 6th foul because 2 other Celtics missed when they tried to foul the Raptors in an effort to get the ball back with about 20 seconds left.

ZaGranny

DixieZag
10-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I was watching the game at the end. Kelly had to get his 6th foul because 2 other Celtics missed when they tried to foul the Raptors in an effort to get the ball back with about 20 seconds left.

ZaGranny

Kinda figures. Smart Kelly able to get some of the more basic things that escape others done.

Very nice job Kelly.

ZagaZags
10-16-2013, 08:59 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=2013101628

Maybe they should start KO.

sullyzag66
10-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Daye was matched against Olynyk for a bit. He blocked Kelly's shot once and pulled him down in one sequence--no foul called although Kelly looked to the ref for one. A lot of his baskets were scored over Daye.

stretch
10-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Olynyk was a mismatch for Daye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewq0mOu6LbI

hooter73
10-20-2013, 06:35 AM
Daye never has lost that body language after a foul has he?

Reborn
10-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Most of his points came after offensive rebounds. There didn't seem to be too many plays that were run for him. Wait until they start letting him get the ball at the top of the key or foul line and go one on one. To me that's where he's at his best.

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the embedded video Stretch...

This feature alone makes me like the new format (even though I think it's harder to read for some reason).
Nothing like sharing an opinion then being able to have a video to back it up

btzag
10-20-2013, 09:46 AM
He's going to have a nice long career in the NBA. Looked like an NBA vet playing against summer league guys!

katman50
10-20-2013, 07:06 PM
I have watched virtually all of the pre-season games. Kelly is maybe the 3rd or 4th option. Those guards chuck it up! Kelly is being patient, paying his dues. He will be fine! Go Zags!

Zagineer
10-20-2013, 07:45 PM

This feature alone makes me like the new format (even though I think it's harder to read for some reason).

As I mentioned in a FOO Thread, if you're on Windows Internet Explorer, you should have in the lower right hand corner the ability to magnify the view without expanding the GU Boards horizontally beyond the screen width. I find going from the default 100% to 125% makes the font a little bit larger than the old GU Boards' font.

As for Kelly,......... Great to see him doing so well.

FuManShoes
10-22-2013, 11:57 AM
GM Poll: Olynyk biggest steal in draft (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4707568/gm-poll-olynyk-biggest-steal-in-draft)

Olynyk, drafted 13th by Boston, earned 27.6 percent of the vote, edging both Sacramento's Ben McLemore (7th) and Philadelphia's Nerlens Noel (6th) who each got 13.8 percent. Olynyk also ranked fifth on a question asking which rookie will be the best player in five years.

stretch
11-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Kelly had his first decent regular season performance against the Pistons recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvToX6WjBhg

exclusivelee
11-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Kelly had his first decent regular season performance against the Pistons recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvToX6WjBhg

and with some not so easy baskets with contact. Impressive

Mantua
11-04-2013, 05:15 PM

It is harder to read for me even in the landscape view. I do most of my recreational surfing on my iPad and I'm not crazy about Tapatalk. I wish there were a font size option for reading in this format. The sentences get cut off if I use the zoom.

Oregonzagnut
11-04-2013, 06:35 PM
I think if he can learn and have the stamina to move at the pace the NBA does, he has the skill to be a starter for a long time.

stretch
11-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Another solid game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzP-cqayDAQ

U Zig, I Zag
11-12-2013, 06:14 PM
I have been following pretty closely. KO has been doing great so far. Very excited for him. Having a Zag big play well on the opposite side of the country only helps with the exposure.

DixieZag
11-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Another solid game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzP-cqayDAQ

Best game highlights I have seen yet. Inside drives, outside shots. Great assists.

NEC26
11-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Wow, Kelly may be the most successful Zag in the NBA in quite some time. He looks like he belongs out there no doubt.