• Show
Clear All
  • exclusivelee
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2013

Dickie V's Preseason Top 25

Dickie V's Preseason Top 25:

Gonzaga in at #14; BYU in "Others is Watch"

Heading into the college basketball season Dick Vitale ranks the top 25 teams.

14. GONZAGA

Mark Few has a shot to win his 400th game before suffering his 100th loss. Gary Bell, Jr. and Kevin Pangos form an outstanding backcourt.
    One of the better preseason placements for the Zags for 2013-14
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

I know Vitale is a blowhard and can be super annoying as an announcer but I just can't hate on him. He has a heart of gold - no one has ever questioned that.

And I think he still knows some BB as it relates to the ACC and whatever they call the Big East nowadays. But, anything west of Louisville? -He's just filling space.

But, 14? I'll take it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Wow! And some fans who post here are complaining about Gonzaga's "weak" schedule this year. LOL Weak? We play two teams in the top ten and 3 in the top 20. Syracuse, Baylor, and Memphis. Of course we have to beat Baylor to get to Syracuse. And good to see BYU in the top 30.

Wow! Gonzaga at #14. Pretty awesome I'd say. If the Zags can play defense and rebound I think it will stick. We will have offense, that's for sure. And we have a deep bench. This is a pretty experienced team. And even though we lose 3 starters, Coleman, Stockton, Nunez, Barham and Dranginis should fill those gaps nicely. I think Sam Dower has been waiting for this season for along time. He really could explode, imo.
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Too high.

Comment

• Zagdawg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Just win baby........

Go Zags

Comment

• Hoopaholic
            • Mar 2008

Nice to see Boise state in the picture.....comfortable with our rating
            The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
              Too high.
              A little bit high I agree. But projection is part remembrance, and we were #1. We normally drop 10-15 places, so this is pretty much normal. But usually Dukie V puts mid majors like us pretty low,like 20-25 at best.

In my opinion, given what we know about our team and who is returning, I do not think we will EVER drop out of the top 25. Plus I really think we have a chance to return to the top spot if the stars align like they did last year. Namely, we keep winning and they all lose on occasion.
              “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
                A little bit high I agree. But projection is part remembrance, and we were #1. We normally drop 10-15 places, so this is pretty much normal. But usually Dukie V puts mid majors like us pretty low,like 20-25 at best.

In my opinion, given what we know about our team and who is returning, I do not think we will EVER drop out of the top 25. Plus I really think we have a chance to return to the top spot if the stars align like they did last year. Namely, we keep winning and they all lose on occasion.
                I think somewhere from 14-20 is about right but I hate preseason rankings. Worthless.

We will not be #1 this year unless we go undefeated.
                "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
                  We will not be #1 this year unless we go undefeated.
                  I think several people made a similar quote last year. At least you say "unless" but some others said "impossible".

Anything is possible.
                  Never say never.
                  In Few we trust.
                  “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

Working...
                  X