PDA

View Full Version : March Madness - in Spokane

Fonebone
10-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Just got an e-mail. Tickets go on sale Oct 15th for the Men's 2nd & 3rd round games this March - the Thurday/Saturday games. What are the odds of the Zags playing here ?

229SintoZag
10-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Just got an e-mail. Tickets go on sale Oct 15th for the Men's 2nd & 3rd round games this March - the Thurday/Saturday games. What are the odds of the Zags playing here ?

8/5

former1dog
10-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Who's hosting? I'm assuming WSU, so that won't preclude Gonzaga from being placed in the Spokane pod.

Which seeds are protected? Top 4 I think.

So, Gonzaga would have to be a 4 seed at worst to get the opportunity to be placed in Spokane.

KStyles
10-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Who's hosting? I'm assuming WSU, so that won't preclude Gonzaga from being placed in the Spokane pod.

Which seeds are protected? Top 4 I think.

So, Gonzaga would have to be a 4 seed at worst to get the opportunity to be placed in Spokane.

Both assumptions are correct.

DixieZag
10-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Then I guess the next question would be whether or not being a top 4 seed is realistic?

Essentially means we would have to be ranked 10-12 given our usual seed devaluation. That'll be tough.

former1dog
10-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Then I guess the next question would be whether or not being a top 4 seed is realistic?

Essentially means we would have to be ranked 10-12 given our usual seed devaluation. That'll be tough.

If we lose no more than 2 OOC games and no more than 2 WCC games and win our conference tournament, we'll be a top 4 seed. Lose anymore than 4 games and I think we're toast.

On paper, that is possible. Of course, the games aren't played on paper ;)

Reborn
10-11-2013, 02:48 PM

I believe it would mean we would have to finish in the top 16. And that is ealistic imo. We're right about #16 right now in some polls. Gonzaga has also done well as a #4 seed.

Go Zags!!!

RRZagFan
10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Friend and I bought tickets to this last years girls tourney,so we already were able to purchase tickets for mens this next year.i would love for the Zags to being playing here but i am not counting on it,just looking forward to some great games.

GoZags
10-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Friend and I bought tickets to this last years girls tourney,so we already were able to purchase tickets for mens this next year.i would love for the Zags to being playing here but i am not counting on it,just looking forward to some great games.

Yes .... I also bought for the NCAA Women last year .... and a week or two ago got an email giving me my seat location for the Men's March Madness. Row 12 downstairs .... liking it.

SteelZag
10-11-2013, 07:39 PM
I believe it would mean we would have to finish in the top 16. And that is ealistic imo. We're right about #16 right now in some polls. Gonzaga has also done well as a #4 seed.

Go Zags!!!

Gotta agree with Dixie on this one. We could get seeded in this pod but I would want a ranking well into the top ten to be comfortable.

Reborn
10-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Yes .... I also bought for the NCAA Women last year .... and a week or two ago got an email giving me my seat location for the Men's March Madness. Row 12 downstairs .... liking it.

Congrats on those seats. Awesome.

NotoriousZ
10-12-2013, 04:55 AM
If we lose no more than 2 OOC games and no more than 2 WCC games and win our conference tournament, we'll be a top 4 seed. Lose anymore than 4 games and I think we're toast.

On paper, that is possible. Of course, the games aren't played on paper ;)

With this year's schedule, I wouldn't want to lose more than 3 games. Didn't we have a year when we were ranked #6 in the nation and got a 6 seed?

GoZags
10-12-2013, 05:33 AM
With this year's schedule, I wouldn't want to lose more than 3 games. Didn't we have a year when we were ranked #6 in the nation and got a 6 seed?

Ranked 6 in the polls but had an RPI of 21 which strictly by the math equates to a 6 seed.

NotoriousZ
10-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Ranked 6 in the polls but had an RPI of 21 which strictly by the math equates to a 6 seed.

My point exactly, our RPI will suffer this year. Much will depend on how the other top teams are fairing come Selection Sunday.