• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

GU v. Oregon?

Perhaps.

As a participant in a tournament at Eugene after completion of UO's new basketball arena.

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • OregonZag5
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

I give it up- thought I would be able for the first time to post something new- but AR beat me to it- Would be very interesting if it happened- And as always we should have a good team that year-

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OregonZag5 View Post
      I give it up- thought I would be able for the first time to post something new- but AR beat me to it...

The Pontiff is the fastest poster in the west. I am still convinced he has a web search tool that finds articles before they are written.
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
        Bleeds Bulldog Blue
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
        The Pontiff is the fastest poster in the west. I am still convinced he has a web search tool that finds articles before they are written.
        Just plain ol' Google for this one, LI.
        You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

I hope it never happens, as long as Uncle Ernie is there. Too corporate for my tastes, too. You have to be a Nike school? Colleges should just play colleges. Screw the shoe companies. This idea just smells bad to me.
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

Given the Ducks historical fear of facing the Zags, I doubt this will come to pass.

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I would like to see us add another Pac team to the yearly drubbing list.

I just hope after we run the table on them for a few years they don't chicken out like our little sisters on the westside.

Comment

• OregonZag5
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

Now Bob, nothing but nothing would make me prouder than to wear my GU gear( alumni polo shirt , hat etc etc) to the new arena or even the current one- I think it may come about even earlier as the temporay AD is a good friend of Few- In fact he has taken his private jet to Spokane for the games- and went to Jack and Dan;s afterwards.

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2007

I repeat, given the Ducks historical fear of facing the Zags, I doubt this will come to pass.

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Unless

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• lothar98zag
                      PostPadder General
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                      Unless $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
                      w/ Nike involved, it may be doable...
                      youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• lawzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

given my already split personallity - Oregon football, GU Basketball - a game such as the one being considered might just be a little too much for my psyche to handle

Okay, perhaps I could convience a local T-shirt company to make me a GU shirt using a Green T & gold colors...

heck, I'm all for more Pac-10 play for us. We'll see what happens, but personally I'm all for it if it happens...
                        ZAGS RULE!!!

Comment

• btzag
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Feb 2007

I'm with BZ on this one. All the $ and swoosh crap revolving around the Oregon program in ALL major programs sickens me. Also why would we be clamoring to play them? Because of their fancy new arena? We're a much more established and successful program so why don't they travel to Spokane with no return trip? Just saying....

Comment

• MickMick
                            Zag for Life
                            • Apr 2007

Wasn't that long ago that a Husky fan here claimed that a trip to the kennel was not doable for a typical BCS school. So now the Ducks want the Zags to help with their grand opening. Apparently, the Zags are good enough to "legitimatize" the new arena with the likes of Arizona. Conversely, the Ducks may choose to be "Huskylike" and avoid K2.

Stanford and WSU get my respect for playing the Zags at K2. I would be in favor of helping only those two schools open a new venue. I will also be personally rooting for those two schools in PAC-10 play this season as well.
                            Last edited by MickMick; 08-22-2007, 08:53 PM.
                            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Zagster
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Feb 2007

It would be good press to have the Ducks replace the Fuskies in the schedule for the next 10 yrs. I am sure they would create a much better challenge. They are a much tougher team. Even if we have to play them in Spokane arena VS K2. A Battle in Seattle would be a great game.

Comment

Working...
                              X