PDA

View Full Version : CBS Says........

bigblahla
10-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Zags on top again!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24022521/college-basketball-conference-previews-west-coast

Go!! Zags!!!

bartruff1
10-06-2013, 07:35 AM
This is not a expert opinion, just a fan's two cents.

I don't think BYU will be a threat to win the Championship unless Carlino plays under control and to his potential ...

I have no use for Ireland...ball hog...tries to take over games and can't involve his team...he can generate numbers but not wins. They may finish last.

Is San Diego going to be that good ?? I think Grier saved his job in the WCC Tourney last year... I suspect he was gone if they had not won that first game. Good luck to a good guy.

I think it is Gonzaga's to lose...and I don't think they will unless Kevin is injured...he is the (nearly) indispensable man. Has been since he stepped onto the court. I put him up there with Matt and Blake as fun to watch play basketball.

ZAGGED OUT
10-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Ireland is a solid player who is forced to play a certain way, have you seen LMU's other offensive options? They're bad, like real bad. I'm not saying Ireland is as good as Kevin or a top tier player or anything, but he is definitely forced to take a lot more shots than a PG normally would.

VinnyZag
10-06-2013, 08:17 AM
This looks to me like the best BYU team since they came into the league. Haws will probably be league POY.

I was surprised that Holt wasn't on the CBS preseason all league list. He's primed for a big year, I think.

bartruff1
10-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Ireland is a solid player who is forced to play a certain way, have you seen LMU's other offensive options? They're bad, like real bad. I'm not saying Ireland is as good as Kevin or a top tier player or anything, but he is definitely forced to take a lot more shots than a PG normally would.

Could be, I know my dog won't watch him play....he gets under the bed.

zagsfanforlife
10-06-2013, 08:39 AM
For someone living in LA, and having the change to watch LMU practice occassionally/ workout... and adopting LMU as my second favorite team based on their wcc ties, I can attest that the new kids that LMU has coming in will be some of the better Freshman in the conference this year, and newcomers at that. LMU will not be a one trick pony this year, and my guess is that they finish much higher than the experts are picking them.

Evan Payne, Nino Jackson, and Gabe Levin are all names to watch out for... all prep school kids... and very very talented freshman. Add in a healthy CJ Blackwell, and transfer Ben Dickinson who averaged 14 and 8 as a freshman at binghamton before transferring to LMU, I am convinced they will be this years sleeper.. maybe even finish top 4 in conference.

Kiddwell
10-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Informative LMU analysis, ZagsforLife. Thanks. Regarding Ireland, Kiddwell likes his game a lot. Give him another 3 or 4 inches, and Ireland would be a national name, IMO.

:]

VinnyZag
10-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Informative LMU analysis, ZagsforLife. Thanks. Regarding Ireland, Kiddwell likes his game a lot. Give him another 3 or 4 inches, and Ireland would be a national name, IMO.

:]

I see what you did there. Ireland ... "national" name.

DixieZag
10-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Great Breakdown of LMU. I love Ireland b/c his personality shows that he is not selfish, he has continually shown respect for our players and program.

I have said all along, I think BYU is going to be real good, real real good - - though some have pointed out they lack bigs and they are right,

I think it's a two team race for first and a two team race between USD and SMC for third.

sittingon50
10-06-2013, 01:14 PM
I seem to be in the minority, but I think BYU is in tough this year. They only have 5 returners from last year & only 2 of them can play (1 if Carlino disappears). They get 6'6" Kyle Collingsworth back from his mission (5.8 PPG as a Fr. 3 yrs. ago), & 6'9" Eric Mika, a highly touted recruit.

I think their inexperience is really going to hurt them & if anything happens to Haws, they're toast, IMHO. Rose is a terrific Coach. He'll need his A game this year.

bartruff1
10-06-2013, 01:42 PM
BYU would be ok if they could play with two balls.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
10-07-2013, 05:27 AM
For someone living in LA, and having the change to watch LMU practice occassionally/ workout... and adopting LMU as my second favorite team based on their wcc ties, I can attest that the new kids that LMU has coming in will be some of the better Freshman in the conference this year, and newcomers at that. LMU will not be a one trick pony this year, and my guess is that they finish much higher than the experts are picking them.

Evan Payne, Nino Jackson, and Gabe Levin are all names to watch out for... all prep school kids... and very very talented freshman. Add in a healthy CJ Blackwell, and transfer Ben Dickinson who averaged 14 and 8 as a freshman at binghamton before transferring to LMU, I am convinced they will be this years sleeper.. maybe even finish top 4 in conference.

I am looking forward to the 2014-15 season. Good chance Zags make a run back to the #1 ranking in the national polls during the regular season. That could translate into another Final4 dream. Pangos, Bell & Coleman as seniors with Karno ready to produce big time against the top competition as a Junior should be exciting again. Josh Perkins will be a serious upgrade as a reserve guard PG. I can't wait till 2014-15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 year from today hope springs eternal!!!!!!

JPtheBeasta
10-07-2013, 06:22 AM
BYU would be ok if they could play with two balls.

I think that's an honor code violation

Zagdawg
10-07-2013, 06:40 AM
:lmao:

bartruff1
10-07-2013, 06:43 AM
I am looking forward to the 2014-15 season. Good chance Zags make a run back to the #1 ranking in the national polls during the regular season. That could translate into another Final4 dream. Pangos, Bell & Coleman as seniors with Karno ready to produce big time against the top competition as a Junior should be exciting again. Josh Perkins will be a serious upgrade as a reserve guard PG. I can't wait till 2014-15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 year from today hope springs eternal!!!!!!

I don't have a year to wait....I am hoping to make it to the Simon Fraser game on the Oct 25th....

sittingon50
10-07-2013, 07:15 AM
:lmao::lmao:

mgadfly
10-07-2013, 08:02 AM
I couldn't read the whole article. I wish they had an editor over there at CBS.

maynard g krebs
10-07-2013, 10:03 AM
I couldn't read the whole article. I wish they had an editor over there at CBS.

I like that Jimmy Dee.

Ezag
10-07-2013, 10:19 AM
This is an expert opinion...."We Got Dis"

DixieZag
10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
I think that's an honor code violation

I am nearly certain that I could violate their honor code in my sleep.

zag69
10-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Looks like our friend Kaufusi will be back for BYU...I wonder if he'll try to knock down PK?

sittingon50
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM
should be fun for the Kennel Club!!