PDA

View Full Version : Spangler Article

OK-ZagFan
09-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Spangler has a good article in SoonerSports and mentions his time at Gonzaga, just thought I would share that info. with you guys. , go to www.soonersports.com and then click on A Special Presentation Of SoonerSports.Com and read Ryans article.

cjm720
09-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Thx for posting.

We were only a stepping stone for his true wish to get back home...wish we had him still, but I'll root for him regardless.

bartruff1
09-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks, now I don't feel bad about him leaving at all...he didn't want to be here in the first place...if that story is true...

OK-ZagFan
09-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks, now I don't feel bad about him leaving at all...he didn't want to be here in the first place...if that story is true...

I don't think he wanted to play for the coach that was at OU at that time and had mentioned many times that Gonzaga is where he always wanted to play, so I do think he wanted to go to Gonzaga, I just think that he got up there missed his family, and OU got Coach Kruger, who is a very good coach and individual, and he had a chance to get closer to home and play for another good coach. I know here in Oklahoma, Ryans has mentioned many times how great experience he had at Gonzaga and the many friends he had, and reading the article, sounds like he still stays in touch with Pangos.

bartruff1
09-19-2013, 11:28 AM
I wish the young man nothing but the best...

cjm720
09-19-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't think he wanted to play for the coach that was at OU at that time and had mentioned many times that Gonzaga is where he always wanted to play, so I do think he wanted to go to Gonzaga, I just think that he got up there missed his family, and OU got Coach Kruger, who is a very good coach and individual, and he had a chance to get closer to home and play for another good coach. I know here in Oklahoma, Ryans has mentioned many times how great experience he had at Gonzaga and the many friends he had, and reading the article, sounds like he still stays in touch with Pangos.

My take was that if he was offered by Oklahoma he would have gone in a second. He wasn't and we were the next best offer. Don't blame him either way...nice young man.