PDA

View Full Version : Mark Madsen: Harris Making Progress

ZagNative
08-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Mike Trudell has a nice piece up on NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/130824_harris), reporting on his interview with Mark Madsen, Lakers player development coach.

In the future, I'll put posts about Elias in Old Dogs, but for now:

MT: What has stood out to you about Harris in your several weeks of watching and working with him?
Madsen: Elias had a great summer league. His versatility is the thing you notice right away, because he can play the two, the three or the four. He came in with a pretty developed perimeter game conducive to the NBA, and is working on adding more and more. We see Elias almost every day, and he's taking all the nuances of what (assistant coach) Dan D'Antoni is teaching him, focusing on making his shot a more balanced and consistent shot. His driving game is something he's spending a lot of time with (player development coach) Larry Lewis on, taking all the materials Larry's giving him and implementing them into his game.

MT: What kind of a kid is he?
Madsen: A really good kid. He's fun to be around in the gym, and makes it enjoyable coming in every day. The good thing about Elias is he's a really hard worker not just on the court but in the weight room, with his diet, and doing every last thing the organization has asked. His improvements have been great. I think Elias has worked for everything he's received. I remember back to my rookie transition camp and Paul Silas said hard work doesn't guarantee anything, but it gives you a chance.

tobizag
08-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Mike Trudell has a nice piece up on NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/130824_harris), reporting on his interview with Mark Madsen, Lakers player development coach.

In the future, I'll put posts about Elias in Old Dogs, but for now:

it's great that he found an opportunity with a great organization because we all knew that if given the chance, his work ethic and talent would shine through and earn him respect.

great to hear he's impressing early on.