• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTZag03
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2012

Win loss predictions

So I started a new job on monday. Training is held up, so I am sitting for nine hours today. I'm essentially spending my day on the gu boards. We haven't had much on the board lately other than the wcc scheduling. So I'm hoping to start a more entertaining thread. now that schedules are in, how do you think we will do this year?

I say we drop two in non conference, and two in conference with a few close calls. We win out in the wcc tourney in a thriller with byu. So four losses total. Five seed in the tourney.

Thoughts?
  • exclusivelee
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2013

I'll hold my final opinion out until the official schedule rolls out. Not everything is completely set in stone and there are some what ifs to straighten out like whether we'll play Baylor or Chaminade (they did beat Texas last year) and whether we'll play Syracuse, Cal, Minnesota, or Arkansas

Comment

• cjm720
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

I predict we win about 80% of the games.
      Go Zags!!!

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
        Sounds about right. And, I think we should be quite happy should we do so.

Just hope that a few of those wins come against teams that also win a lot of games.
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• bartruff1
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

kool aid here

i predict we win about 80% of the games.
          86.20 %....

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Zags drop all 4 WCC home games without students!!
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2009

That is 25-6 if the sched is 31 games. Sounds about right.

Comment

• Zippyzaggy
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Mar 2013

Zag end season with 4 game ROAD losing streak.

Comment

• 229SintoZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

1-1

I predict we go 1-1 in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2011

They will go undefeated in the state of Washington and will lose no more than one WCC game.
                    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• zagamatic
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2009

ok, I'll play

I think it all depends on how many times we wear those ¿¥#$!!!! Black uniforms. But I'll go with 2 non-conference losses and 1 in the conference. BYU loses 2 in conference. Thus giving us the home jerseys and not the black ones for the WCC tournament and allowing us to keep BYU from conquering our "weak" conference yet again.
                      And I predict a "surprise run" in the NCAA'S to the tune of a 4 & 1 run. Yep, that's right, I'm saying that we get to and unfortunately lose in the final four. Which will seal the fact that we lose PK since we'll be riding his broad shoulders to get there. And yes, we lose in the Final Four because of those friggin black jerseys! Can ya tell that I'd be totally ok with burning them?

Comment

• NumberCruncher
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Feb 2013

10-3 OOC (2-1 in Maui)
                        15-3 WCC
                        2-1 WCC tourney
                        1-1 NCAA tourney (9 seed)

28-8 overall (undefeated in K2)

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                          I think it all depends on how many times we wear those ¿¥#$!!!! Black uniforms. But I'll go with 2 non-conference losses and 1 in the conference. BYU loses 2 in conference. Thus giving us the home jerseys and not the black ones for the WCC tournament and allowing us to keep BYU from conquering our "weak" conference yet again.
                          And I predict a "surprise run" in the NCAA'S to the tune of a 4 & 1 run. Yep, that's right, I'm saying that we get to and unfortunately lose in the final four. Which will seal the fact that we lose PK since we'll be riding his broad shoulders to get there. And yes, we lose in the Final Four because of those friggin black jerseys! Can ya tell that I'd be totally ok with burning them?
                          What's wrong with the black jerseys? Not only are they awesome, but we didn't lose in them last year. 2/3 of our losses were with the white jerseys, let's burn 'em!! If you don't think the black looks good then that's your opinion, but I don't see your logic. I love the black jerseys.
                          "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• DADoZAG
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
                            What's wrong with the black jerseys? Not only are they awesome, but we didn't lose in them last year. 2/3 of our losses were with the white jerseys, let's burn 'em!! If you don't think the black looks good then that's your opinion, but I don't see your logic. I love the black jerseys.
                            Butler....

But those were red on black.

Go ZAGS!
                            Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• zag67
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Two losses out of conference, two losses in league, win the tournament and 2-1 in NCAA tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X