PDA

View Full Version : The BIG we need this season...

Zippyzaggy
08-13-2013, 12:45 AM
we already had:

http://www.fox23.com/sports/story/OU-Basketball-wins-exhibition-opener-in-Belgium/lKliVaIn90OUaNMpZ8OsWA.cspx

14 points and 11 boards vs semi-pro team in Belgium. Impressive.

Maybe getting Karnowski cost us keeping Spangler. One thing is for certain, we'll get to see how it all plays out.

I would have loved keeping both.

northsidezagfan
08-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Seriously when do we get to stop talking about Spangler? Dude couldn't handle being away from mom and quit. Yes he's a good player and could have helped, but there was nothing we could do about it. It wasn't a matter of us "keeping" him. Let's all get over it and move on please.

kitzbuel
08-13-2013, 04:30 AM
Karno had 13 points and 16 boards against Belgium's U20 team. Also impressive.

jazzdelmar
08-13-2013, 04:51 AM
Karno had 13 points and 16 boards against Belgium's U20 team. Also impressive.

Depends. How bad/good is Belgium hoops?

DixieZag
08-13-2013, 05:01 AM
Seriously when do we get to stop talking about Spangler? Dude couldn't handle being away from mom and quit. Yes he's a good player and could have helped, but there was nothing we could do about it. It wasn't a matter of us "keeping" him. Let's all get over it and move on please.

I find this offensive. "Couldn't handle being away from mom and quit" What about "after playing a year he felt his dream was to play near family and friends and sacrificed a year to do so." Or, if that's to nice, "he left two years ago, let's move on."

We and other programs give up on players, yank scholarships for various reasons all the time "it's a business reality" we say. But "couldn't stand being away from mommy" and "quitting"? He didn't "quit" he sacrificed a year to fulfill what he valued, "away from mommy" - I would rather have someone with strong family ties to one that just wanted PT and be in TV - - would love to hear you say "being away from mommy."

Do better, please.

kitzbuel
08-13-2013, 05:08 AM

Not any worse than a Belgian semi-pro team. Most of the National team U20 kids are going to be on second tier pro teams.

Birddog
08-13-2013, 05:17 AM
The Oklahoman has been inconsistent in publishing results of the Sooner's Euro games but in another contest Spangler had 14 and 9. I think they have played at least 4 games and maybe 5 against Belgian and French teams. Clearly Ryan is starting and contributing, maybe even better than expected. He knocked down a couple of 3's in at least one game. Spangler was and is a great kid. Northside's slam is uncalled for and is kinda dooshy. A thread like this has as much or more merit than the pissing contests regarding recruiting IMO. It's summer.

GoZags
08-13-2013, 05:35 AM
we already had:

http://www.fox23.com/sports/story/OU-Basketball-wins-exhibition-opener-in-Belgium/lKliVaIn90OUaNMpZ8OsWA.cspx

14 points and 11 boards vs semi-pro team in Belgium. Impressive.

Maybe getting Karnowski cost us keeping Spangler. One thing is for certain, we'll get to see how it all plays out.

I would have loved keeping both.

No.

Spangler transferred out of Gonzaga before Karnowski committed to Gonzaga. i.e. on April 10, 2012 Spangler was granted his release from Gonzaga. Karnowski's didn't visit Gonzaga until April 21st (a week and a half later) ... and didn't visit Cal until the following week.

So .... One thing is for certain ..... "Getting Karnowski DIDN't keep GU from keeping Spangler. Spangler was gone. Karnowski didn't commit until early May .... after he returned to Poland and spurned offers from some of the Big Boys (i.e. Duke and Kansas who were late into the Karnowski sweepstakes).

BroncoZAG615
08-13-2013, 06:59 AM
A thread like this has as much or more merit than the pissing contests regarding recruiting IMO. It's summer.

I have a hard time understanding this logic. A kid that has already said "I don't want to be a Zag" has just as much merit as kids who are still considering Gonzaga? Is that how I'm supposed to understand this?

cjm720
08-13-2013, 07:07 AM
I have a hard time understanding this logic. A kid that has already said "I don't want to be a Zag" has just as much merit as kids who are still considering Gonzaga? Is that how I'm supposed to understand this?

Way too logical, Bronco...

northsidezagfan
08-13-2013, 09:13 AM
WOW people are sensitive this morning. All reports were he was homesick, I'm sure he missed his mom. He missed his dad? His family? His high school girlfriend? Who knows exactly, I picked one of the above that seemed likely and went with it. He obviously didn't want to be at Gonzaga bad enough to stay and moved on. Great. I have a hard time believing Few kicked him off the team, so yeah he quit. Not sure what term you would rather use for it. It's time to move on. I haven't thought about him once since he left except when these BS threads lamenting his transfer come up every couple months. It is really time to get over it, whether he is from your home state or not. We will be fine next year. The OP was in no way relevant to Gonzaga basketball, let's get back to recruiting and speculating about mystery pick-up ball participants.

Zippyzaggy
08-13-2013, 09:32 AM
No.

Spangler transferred out of Gonzaga before Karnowski committed to Gonzaga. i.e. on April 10, 2012 Spangler was granted his release from Gonzaga. Karnowski's didn't visit Gonzaga until April 21st (a week and a half later) ... and didn't visit Cal until the following week.

So .... One thing is for certain ..... "Getting Karnowski DIDN't keep GU from keeping Spangler. Spangler was gone. Karnowski didn't commit until early May .... after he returned to Poland and spurned offers from some of the Big Boys (i.e. Duke and Kansas who were late into the Karnowski sweepstakes).

Sorry GoZags but "no" is wrong.

I have 100% absolute inside info (believe it if you want) that Spangler left BECAUSE he felt he was getting looked over. Recruting Karnowski, even though he hadn't visited yet, had a LOT to do with the fake "home-sickness".

He wasn't homesick persay, that was cover for I'm gonna get screwed like Marquise and others did and I aint buying. I'll go home where I WILL BE a rock star and I'm getting the hell out before it's too late.

Oh well.....schmitt happens. But, it does happen. As far as I am concerned, if he did not feel like he was going to get buried, he'd still be here. A rebounding machine with a Pendo 2.0 toughness who could also score.

As far as moving on NorthsideZagFan? Who made you the "it's over and time to move on God"? It's a BLOG...I would imagine we'll move when everyone feels like it.

LongIslandZagFan
08-13-2013, 11:07 AM

I have 100% absolute inside info (believe it if you want) that Spangler left BECAUSE he felt he was getting looked over. Recruting Karnowski, even though he hadn't visited yet, had a LOT to do with the fake "home-sickness".

He wasn't homesick persay, that was cover for I'm gonna get screwed like Marquise and others did and I aint buying. I'll go home where I WILL BE a rock star and I'm getting the hell out before it's too late.

Oh well.....schmitt happens. But, it does happen. As far as I am concerned, if he did not feel like he was going to get buried, he'd still be here. A rebounding machine with a Pendo 2.0 toughness who could also score.

As far as moving on NorthsideZagFan? Who made you the "it's over and time to move on God"? It's a BLOG...I would imagine we'll move when everyone feels like it.

You pulling this outta your backside or do you have something concrete to base your claims on.

cjm720
08-13-2013, 12:58 PM

Dude got 21 minutes in the tournament versus W. virginia...not buying it. Or he was scared because of KO. Whatever, he quit, wished he was here but he's not.

Zippyzaggy
08-13-2013, 01:27 PM
You pulling this outta your backside or do you have something concrete to base your claims on.

Concrete. I heard it DIRECTLY from ......., ......., and ........ Not possible to give player names but it is legit. I don't make false claims about this kind of stuff.

Agree or disagree, homesickeness basically had nothing to do with it. It's too bad and I'd love to have him here for this season. Not gonna happen.

We'll survive one way or the other, it's just the "which way" that is yet to be determined, lol.

GoZags
08-13-2013, 01:49 PM

Huh?

Your OP said "getting" Karnowski cost Gonzaga Spangler. No, it didn't as Gonzaga hadn't "gotten" Karnowski at that time.

Perhaps you meant to say (but didn't) that Gonzaga "recruiting" Karnowski cost the program Spanger.

And quick question Zz .... does your use of "us" and "we" refer to your "real" status with Gonzaga Basketball? Are you a part of the program? (thus giving some bite to your words "us" and "we")? Or by "us" and "we" are you referring to blog members?

Corky
08-13-2013, 02:55 PM

Buncha dumb Bels!

Zippyzaggy
08-13-2013, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=GoZags;929410]Huh?

Your OP said "getting" Karnowski cost Gonzaga Spangler.QUOTE]

Huh, back at ya. You've twisted things to help along your argument. Please, reread my post. I DID NOT say that.

I said "MAYBE getting Karnowski cost us keeping Spangler".

As far as your question about my use of "us" and "we" I have no idea what you are talking about. I have not used "us" and "we" in this post.

I will not elaborate as to my association with the program. Don't feel the need to give "bite" to anything. If you want a quote about what I know, there isn't one. Can say that it is not anything I've learned on GU Boards.

Are you familiar with the saying "horses mouth"? That is all......anyone else around here being asked to show credentials?

Zippyzaggy
08-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Woops GoZags, I did manage to find one of your mysterious "we's" in the form of a "We'll".

"We'll" survive one way or the other, it's just the "which way" that is yet to be determined, lol."

That "we' should be taken simply as a fans "we'".

Sorry about that. And now, for some reason I am all wee-weed out. ;)

GoZags
08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Woops GoZags, I did manage to find one of your mysterious "we's" in the form of a "We'll".

"We'll" survive one way or the other, it's just the "which way" that is yet to be determined, lol."

That "we' should be taken simply as a fans "we'".

Sorry about that. And now, for some reason I am all wee-weed out. ;)

What is the 3rd word of your subject title? (This thread)
What is the first word of your OP (this thread)
What is the 5th word of your 3rd written line in the OP? (This thread)

Nothing too "mysterious" to me ..... Or we're you just joking around when you stated that you couldn't find where you used the terms "we" and "us"?

Zippyzaggy
08-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Sorry again, I missed "we" in the Sub. Title, as I didn't read it again. I also missed the "we" in the third line. Yes, I only caught 1 of the three "we's" to which you were inquiring about. Feel better now?

Oh, I still have not found an "us" tho. Might I expect a report on a missing "us" or two later in the day? :)

Oddly enough, I really thought the most important part of all this was you saying NO about the fact that MAYBE we lost Spangler because we were sniffing out Karnowski... oh well.

Enough of this, lunch is over.