Domantas Sabonis to visit this weekend!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exclusivelee
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2013

Per Eurohopes (@Eurohopes):

Domantas Sabonis is going to visit Arizona State, Gonzaga and Oregon this weekend. Averaged 14 points & 11.4 rebounds at #FibaEuropeU18
    August 2, 2013
  • 77Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2007

Help -- can't follow all the recruits on the map
    So, what class if he commits?
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• madness
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Feb 2007

I assume the report meant this week, correct? That is a lot of travelling for one weekend. It would be great to know the dates he will be in town.
      You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
      http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Comment

• HenneZag
        Zag for Life
        • Aug 2012

Oregon..grrr

Originally posted by exclusivelee View Post

Per Eurohopes (@Eurohopes):
        Great news. I just hope they don't show Sabonis the dazzling new football facilities! That may grab a commitment right there, pretty spectacular.

Im not real worried about ASU, but Oregon is another story since they snagged a cpl from us already. Hope he enjoys his visit, the weather hopefully clears a little by this wknd.
        America's Team!

Comment

• HenneZag
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2012

Kinda confused as well

Originally posted by 77Zag View Post
          Help -- can't follow all the recruits on the map
          So, what class if he commits?
          I believe he was originally slated as a 2015 recruit but could reclassify for 2014. So 2014 is my best guess.
          America's Team!

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Darn weather -- i hope he visits us on Sunday-- a little sunshine would be nice.

Comment

• 77Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
              Darn weather -- i hope he visits us on Sunday-- a little sunshine would be nice.
              Not sure he will enjoy the sweat and heat in AZ
              “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• cggonzaga
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

So we have 90+temps for the past month and he picks the one weekend we have rain and thunderstorms.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Liepos 19 dieną Panevėžyje prasideda DADU Europos vaikinų jaunučių (iki 16 metų) čempionatas. Vienas Lietuvos rinktinės lyderių - Domantas Sabonis. Vaizdo re...

Best video I've seen of him. Looks good. Lefty. Good not great athleticism. Doesn't foul defensively while being in good position. Looks like he's still getting comfortable in his body. Wonder what his jump shot is like or if he even has one?

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Have Sabonis and Big K. played against each other in any tournaments in the past or are they in two different classes where they would not play each other?-- I am wondering if we have any connection in that area.

Get er done Tommy.

Go Zags

Comment

• HenneZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2012

Weather is on the up after today

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post

So we have 90+temps for the past month and he picks the one weekend we have rain and thunderstorms.
                      Saturday- 82 partly cloudy, chance of rain
                      Sun-88 Sunny
                      Mon-90 Sunny

Looks ok to me!

I imagine he wouldn't arrive until sat or sun?
                      America's Team!

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

Video doesn't show any outside shooting. He dribbles well, and he is left handed, which I think is cool. He was also taller then everyone he played against in the videos, and therefore, dominated the inside.

From previous posts I think his strong points are that he is still growing, and that he is the son of a great basketball player. The more we are going after players who play the 4, the more I feel we will not recruit Reid Travis. However, if PK goes to the NBA after next season then we once again must fill two holes in our post positions. So, in that respect, there would still be room for R. Travis.

Great News. I think that both of the recruits that Oregon recruited that we were also recruiting were post players. I am confident about our chances. GU has had great success recruiting players from Europe. If we are successful with Sabonis and Aytes, I wonder if Aytes could become a small forward? He certainly handles the ball well enough. Barham will be graduating next year, and Coleman will be going the year after.
                        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Zag 77
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Lithuanian weather

The weather today will remind him of Lithuania. Plus, the campus is so dead that you could shoot a cannon from C-M to St. Al's and not hit anybody. Are some of the current players still overseas with national team duty? The coaches pick funny times for campus visits.

Comment

• KStyles
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag 77 View Post
                            The weather today will remind him of Lithuania. Plus, the campus is so dead that you could shoot a cannon from C-M to St. Al's and not hit anybody. Are some of the current players still overseas with national team duty? The coaches pick funny times for campus visits.
                            I don't know if the coaches picked this one or if this was when Sabonis had time for a trip to the USA and wanted to get all of his visits in. I'm thinking the latter.

Comment

• GorgeZag
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Feb 2007

Oregon will be hard to beat. Think they lose 3 bigs next year; Moser, Armandi, and Austin. Plus his dad is a hero statewide. Getting Perkins on board will help with all the others!

Comment

Working...
                              X