PDA

View Full Version : Boston Globe article on Kelly

Idahomie
07-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Here is a nice article from the Boston Globe on Kelly and his basketball mind. Good read

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/20/all-his-head-kelly-olynyk-rise-promising-celtics-rookie/CWvjmvzOqgtY3xLBZDZiII/story.html

LongIslandZagFan
07-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Nice find. Good read... Some rehash of what we already knew in terms of his conditioning, but the team focus of his dad and the playing philosophy was great. Should be interesting to watch him grow as a player.

Zaga
07-23-2013, 11:50 AM
nice article ~ Thank you!

Reborn
07-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Here is a more in depth look at how Kelly changed himself in order to change his game. I enjoyed this in depth article. The article outlines the training program of Travis Knight. I got a lot of that part of it, as well as the analysis of the creative vs intellectual side of Kelly's game, and how he had to integrate them. I have never heard that slant on the game of basketball.

Everyone should read the article because it will help you understand why Kyle picked GU and what he must go in order to change.

Zippyzaggy
07-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Here is a nice article from the Boston Globe on Kelly and his basketball mind. Good read

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/20/all-his-head-kelly-olynyk-rise-promising-celtics-rookie/CWvjmvzOqgtY3xLBZDZiII/story.html

Excellent read...thanks for sharing.

Would love to see those tennis balls to get a better idea of how that would work and just what was written on them. Neat stuff!

Zagger
07-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Nice read. Thanks for the link!
I think Kelly will do very well in Boston - very, very well. He's a quick study and his heart is in the game. Add 7 feet and his skills ...... I haven't watched much NBA basketball - but I will now!

Oregonzagnut
07-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Excellent read...thanks for sharing.

Would love to see those tennis balls to get a better idea of how that would work and just what was written on them. Neat stuff!

Numbers I think, but maybe they slipped in a opposing players?

Davies
Delavedova
Young
Dickerson
Trasolini
Motum
Richardson

Ekrub
07-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Numbers I think, but maybe they slipped in a opposing players?

Davies
Delavedova
Young
Dickerson
Trasolini
Motum
Richardson

They forgot Roosevelt jones then :/