PDA

View Full Version : Sacre signs a Three-Year Deal with Lakers

ZagNative
07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Good news for Big Rob, per the LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-robert-sacre-20130712,0,6927385.story):
The Lakers re-signed center Robert Sacre on Wednesday, inking a longer deal than initially expected.

Noted salary-cap expert Larry Coon revealed Sacre's compensation Thursday night on Twitter.

Larry Coon @LarryCoon

Robert Sacre joins Steve Nash as the only Lakers signed past 2014. He's on the books for $915,243 in 2014-15, $981,358 in 2015-16 (non-g'd)Sacre is signed at the minimum for each season, with his final year non-guaranteed.

HoopsWorld.com has a breakdown of the Lakers' salaries, showing Sacre and Nash as the only two players under contract for 2014/15 season.

The Lakers are expected to maximize their salary-cap room next summer with hopes of landing one or two all-star-level players.

Sacre shouldn't get in the way of the team's plans when it comes to shopping.

The league will charge teams $507,000 for any open roster spots up to 12. Sacre's $915,000 eats up just an additional $408,000 of the team's spending power in 2014.

webspinnre
07-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Great news for him to get that 2nd year guaranteed.

cjm720
07-15-2013, 12:57 PM
"I got this"

Awesome news...way to go Bobby

ZaGranny
07-16-2013, 05:44 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/7/16/4528748/robert-sacre-la-lakers-nba-summer-league-2013

Robert Sacre's rookie season was unlike any other
By James Herbert  @outsidethenba on Jul 16 2013, 2:03p

To most people, the 2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers season was a train wreck. To second-round rookie Robert Sacre, it was a rollercoaster that he was thankful for experiencing once it was all over.

LAS VEGAS - "Anything can happen, the NBA is crazy," Robert Sacre says.

He speaks from experience. Sure, he's only played 32 games in the league. But as a supporting cast member in the wackiest show in basketball last season, the Los Angeles Lakers center lived through more plot twists as a rookie than anyone could have predicted.

Upon signing his contract for 2013-2014 with the Lakers last week, Sacre told reporters he'd "definitely seen more in one year than most guys have in five."

It's fair to call Los Angeles' 2012-2013 campaign a failure for Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Steve Nash. For Sacre, it was anything but. Reflecting on the beginnings of his professional career from UNLV's Cox Pavillion at the NBA Summer League, Sacre sounds thankful for the "millions of ups and downs" he's already had in Los Angeles. The 60th overall pick in the 2012 draft says he remembers being selected by the Lakers like it was yesterday. He's privileged to be there and has "grown tremendously" since joining the team.

More than anything else, he's good-humored, which serves him well. His personality is reminiscent of a young Howard, except with the complete lack of expectations that comes with being the last pick rather than the first.

A year ago, Sacre battled in Vegas and earned a deal to be the Lakers' bruising backup center. Heading into training camp surrounded by superstars, you'd have thought his season would have been straightfoward: compete hard in practice, cheer his teammates on and learn from the veterans as the wins piled up.

He found out quickly, though, that these Lakers wouldn't follow anything resembling a normal script. With Dwight Howard recovering from back surgery, Sacre's first exhibition game was unforgettable.

"It's wild," he says. "I walk out and they said I was starting and I look around, I got Pau, Kobe, Nash and Metta [World Peace] all behind me, and I'm going up for the jump ball. It was a dream come true, to be honest."

The rest of the story about Rob's Rookie Year at the link.

ZaGranny

Zippyzaggy
07-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Looks like "water the bamboo" is working for Sacre. Keep it up!