PDA

View Full Version : Autographed ZAG Basketballs!

Zerogame
06-29-2013, 10:50 PM
For the past six seasons my wife and I buy two basketballs at the intrasquad game and wait patiently in line to have the team autograph them. We donate one ball to the local Rotary Club, and they in turn auction the balls off to help support their yearly cause. We are now downsizing and I'm keeping last years ball for my home office. The other 5 I would like to sell, (help pay for my golf game). I also have a few misc. items like signed hats and posters.

Should I take bids on this site, name a price, or take it to eBay?

Oregonzagnut
06-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Do you have one of the white Gonzaga autographed balls? The ones they usually sign for commemorative seasons?

Zerogame
06-30-2013, 06:12 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhVvOdYXZiWPiuz07sqFl56wVhWzbj8 wnHivxGpSNb--syAIIczw
They are Nike balls sold at the games. Here is an example of what they look like.

Oregonzagnut
06-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Ebay is not the way to go unless you do a buy it now and are willing to wait for the right person. PM me for the years you have and your asking prices.

gozagswoohoo
06-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Awesome!! Let me know when you put them on eBay! One of these would look great in the trophy case I'm putting in my new zags room.

Zerogame
06-30-2013, 05:13 PM
I would like to offer them to the folks on the forum here first. What would be a reasonable price you think. I picked up a nice wood and glass case yesterday from Hobby Lobby for $25 bucks and put last year's ball in it and looks nice. They have been in storage since I got them.

Zerogame
06-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Ebay is not the way to go unless you do a buy it now and are willing to wait for the right person. PM me for the years you have and your asking prices.

PM sent.

Zippyzaggy
07-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Get at me please.

I'd like one if the price is right......what is the price by the way? I hate playing the used car buying game. Just come out with it.

If the price is palatable, I'd buy one. If you are looking to buy a new car? I'll not be interested, lol.

Zerogame
07-01-2013, 12:29 PM
I got $100 for each ball, minus the cost of $35.00 per ball. My wife says I'm useless so my time getting the autographs was at no cost. I can now go out and buy some golf balls and use my useless time golfing. YA! Thanks to an original Kennel Club member.

Zippyzaggy
07-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Bummer. I'da given you 1k a piece....not really, lol, but $100 bucks a pop would have been very reasonable to me.

So, bummer!

Have fun golfing, and thanks for the reply.

Goshzagit
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
wow, I thought they'd go for much higher, to be honest.

I would have offered at least $140+. Single signatures go for $100 online -- even David Stockton's sig went for a hundo.

I was thinking to cover your cost of ball itself, wooden case, and of course, sweat equity.

This, from an original KC member, KC Board Member, and GU Alum.

Keep up the bidding a bit longer next time ;).

maynard g krebs
07-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Single signatures go for $100 online -- even David Stockton's sig went for a hundo.

Wow. I have a Dan Dickau authgraph on a 1998 UW sweet 16 program, buried somewhere. Wonder what that would be worth if I could dig it up? Any idea?

Oregonzagnut
07-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks for offering it here zerogame. You do got game.

gozagswoohoo
07-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks for offering it here zerogame. You do got game.

ditto's

Zagnificent
07-02-2013, 04:49 PM
The signed balls are awesome, but the problem is they don't have a COA with them. I trust you got each player to sign them, but without a COA from an established company or agency, these just wouldn't fetch what you want on eBay or some place like that. You'd probably have to sell them locally to someone who isn't that obsessive about provenance. Also, it's amazing how cheaply stuff goes for on eBay. I've seen team-signed jerseys going for $50!!! Sure framing is expensive, but shoot, the jersey itself sells for $75 normally.

Oregonzagnut
07-02-2013, 05:32 PM
The signed balls are awesome, but the problem is they don't have a COA with them. I trust you got each player to sign them, but without a COA from an established company or agency, these just wouldn't fetch what you want on eBay or some place like that. You'd probably have to sell them locally to someone who isn't that obsessive about provenance. Also, it's amazing how cheaply stuff goes for on eBay. I've seen team-signed jerseys going for $50!!! Sure framing is expensive, but shoot, the jersey itself sells for $75 normally.

All too often you can get an authentic jersey cheaper if it is autographed.

NotoriousZ
07-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Zero's autoballs are the real deal. I waited in line with him a few years back and I've seen him there in other years.

Zerogame, if you ever could part with your 2012-13 ball, maybe you could give me a shot at it first. I couldn't get out of work for the Kraziness in the Kennel this time. My wife was supposed to go to the event with our kids, but I guess they were having a bad day and she called it off (the pain still lingers).

Zerogame
07-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Zero's autoballs are the real deal. I waited in line with him a few years back and I've seen him there in other years.

Zerogame, if you ever could part with your 2012-13 ball, maybe you could give me a shot at it first. I couldn't get out of work for the Kraziness in the Kennel this time. My wife was supposed to go to the event with our kids, but I guess they were having a bad day and she called it off (the pain still lingers).

You mean this ball?

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=758&stc=1&d=1373053159

Hoopaholic
07-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Sweeeeet