thespywhozaggedme
06-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Pick # 30. Revised June 25th

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

TheGonzagaFactor
06-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Pick # 30. Revised June 25th

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Hopefully he stays that way and progresses. I would hate to see him pull an Elias and go from lottery pick to undraftable. Karno is a beast and I'm thinking he will have a huge year.

Oregonzagnut
06-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Well, then if he is going to be a first rounder, we can expect superman Olynyk style improvements over the course of this summer. Without the redshirt, the hair and missing the first 3 games.

zagco
06-29-2013, 06:10 PM
When you are large, you can be in charge.

DixieZag
06-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Question for NBA followers.

If he were to stay projected around 30 - would it not be a better financial decision to stay in school one more year for the simple reason that next year's draft is predicted to be loaded. In that case, even without significant improvement, wouldn't he be likely to move way up the following year with lesser talent to choose from? Enough that even more money can be made waiting than the amount gained by an extra year in the NBA?

Worthington
06-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Question for NBA followers.

If he were to stay projected around 30 - would it not be a better financial decision to stay in school one more year for the simple reason that next year's draft is predicted to be loaded. In that case, even without significant improvement, wouldn't he be likely to move way up the following year with lesser talent to choose from? Enough that even more money can be made waiting than the amount gained by an extra year in the NBA?

Yeah, that kind of thing is taken into consideration. The higher you're drafted, the better chance you'll be playing minutes for your team, and the better chance you'll be able to showcase your talents and stick in the league. I personally feel like we'll get 3 years out of Karnowski. Jumping from where he was at the end of last season to a first round pick, in one off-season, seems like a stretch to me. I think he'll be good next season, but dominant his junior year.

maynard g krebs
06-29-2013, 08:21 PM
When you are large, you can be in charge.

Like Ira Harge?

75Zag
06-29-2013, 08:44 PM
With all due respect to the Big Pole, as of this minute, I think he and I have pretty much the same probability (0) of being drafted in the first round of the 2014 NBA draft. The good news is that his chances in the 2014 draft can go up, whereas my chances will no doubt go down.

If and when I see him racing down the floor just a few steps ahead of the new Kentucky center, and jumping just a few inches higher than the new Ohio State center, and getting just a couple more blocked shots than the new Kansas center, then I might believe this hype.

Meanwhile, I hope the Big Pole stays focused on getting GU to the Elite 8 or beyond.

Go Bulldogs!

DixieZag
06-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah, that kind of thing is taken into consideration. The higher you're drafted, the better chance you'll be playing minutes for your team, and the better chance you'll be able to showcase your talents and stick in the league. I personally feel like we'll get 3 years out of Karnowski. Jumping from where he was at the end of last season to a first round pick, in one off-season, seems like a stretch to me. I think he'll be good next season, but dominant his junior year.

Right, I see what you're saying. And, I saw that a person drafted around 30 would make 1.08 million the first year, whereas the one drafted at 15 would make around 1.8 million, so even without extra play and the extra years (that makes sense too) one can earn - just by the full second year, one would have made more money in two years than even 3 years at the lower rate. I think, anyway.

hooter73
06-30-2013, 07:08 AM
E wasnt a lottery pick... ever... and then he got better. 12 months out draft boards are as fickle as they are dead wrong.

ZagsZombieNation
06-30-2013, 09:02 AM
E wasnt a lottery pick... ever... and then he got better. 12 months out draft boards are as fickle as they are dead wrong.

No Harris was never a lottery pick, but he would have definitely been a first round pick. But I do agree that a mock draft 12 months in advance doesn't mean too much, especially since we have yet to see Karno play significant minutes at Gonzaga.

Reborn
06-30-2013, 09:50 AM
I think this projection is certainly realistic. HOwever, as was said, I also feel staying until after his junior year would benefit him more. I feel PK will have a great year next year. Way better then some on this board think he will. LIke was said so often last year by analysts and announcers at games, all PK needs is playing time. I feel he is a much better defender than KO was. I think he'll average somewhere betwee 11-13 pts per game. His rebounding will be very good too.

TheGonzagaFactor
06-30-2013, 12:09 PM

During his freshman year he was going top 15 (lottery) in many mock drafts.

Ezag
06-30-2013, 02:59 PM
2014 draft is super deep. It would be a miracle for Karno to go in 1st round without a Kelly like transformation and even that might not be enough

hooter73
06-30-2013, 09:00 PM
During his freshman year he was going top 15 (lottery) in many mock drafts.

ill trust what the coaches and scouts said over some mock draft by a highschool fan boy and his bleacher report.