• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

We Need Kuso 2.0 for this next season

Yep, that's what das Zags need to complement Dower and Karno to make a 3-Big rotation. Simply close your eyes and say--

"Zag goddess of hoops, bring us Kuso 2.0."

--over and over again. Repeat with true conviction and meaning, and you know what?

It...just...might...happen.

#believe
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Kiddwell
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

So, BZ, got somebody in mind?

Was thinking about starting a thread on this exact subject: Zags in need of one more decent big to backup the starters. Another Kuso, though? Maybe somebody a bit more refined in his shots, free-throw shooting, etc. But a Kuso-esque rebounder/hustler would be awesome.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
      Yep, that's what das Zags need to complement Dower and Karno to make a 3-Big rotation. Simply close your eyes and say--

"Zag goddess of hoops, bring us Kuso 2.0."

--over and over again. Repeat with true conviction and meaning, and you know what?

It...just...might...happen.

#believe
      Great post BZ! Im doing it right now. I can hardly wait to see who it is!!!

believe
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Hoopaholic
        • Mar 2008

Been praying since the day ko announced
        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
          Bleeds Bulldog Blue
          • Feb 2007

I hear the drums echoing tonight...
          You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Love Kuso (who's in town right now).

My favorite Kuso pic, has him dunking on UNC, as Ty Lawson (left) watches:

Comment

• Dogtownkid
              Kennel Club Material
              • Mar 2007

My favorite Kuso memory is not exactly basketball--It's him carrying out one of Mark Few's boys after the game.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dogtownkid View Post
                My favorite Kuso memory is not exactly basketball--It's him carrying out one of Mark Few's boys after the game.
                Great minds... I was just about to post that my favorite memory of Kuso was an interview he did his senior year where he said that his goal after basketball was to work with underprivileged kids.
                What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                  Love Kuso (who's in town right now).

My favorite Kuso pic, has him dunking on UNC, as Ty Lawson (left) watches:

We rightly call most of our players "kids" due to their youth. The person in that picture is a man - doing some work. I think that is exactly what Lawson, no little kid himself, (now a pro) was thinking, too.

do we have another "man" on the radar?
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

ok...

Comment

• jbslicer
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

How about Kuso 2.5?

Get a guy who can hit an open 12-15 foot jumper.

Comment

• BobZag
                        Dark Lord of the Zag
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jbslicer View Post
                        Get a guy who can hit an open 12-15 foot jumper.
                        Keep up the good vibes.
                        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• jbslicer
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I liked Kuso but he would pass up an open 10 footer every time.

Comment

• CDC84
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

I'd like a big guy who could hit a 12-15 foot jumper as well, but what Gonzaga desperately needs is a big guy like Kuso who can defend and rebound. Neither one of GU's projected starting big guys provides much in the way of defense and rebounding...although they can put the ball in the hoop. The guy they get needs to be different from Karno and Dower. There isn't much on the market right now, so they will probably have to sacrifice offense to get defense and rebounding. The days of being able to get a kid like Josh Davis who can do both are over.

Comment

• Reborn
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                              I'd like a big guy who could hit a 12-15 foot jumper as well, but what Gonzaga desperately needs is a big guy like Kuso who can defend and rebound. Neither one of GU's projected starting big guys provides much in the way of defense and rebounding...although they can put the ball in the hoop. The guy they get needs to be different from Karno and Dower. There isn't much on the market right now, so they will probably have to sacrifice offense to get defense and rebounding. The days of being able to get a kid like Josh Davis who can do both are over.
                              I disagree with you, CDC about your assessment of PK. I think he's very good on defense and rebounding. Sam will improve. I agree that what we need is a Kuso like player who can defend and rebound coming off the bench. I am confident the staff is going to find him too. I think I meant to say I think they will sign him.
                              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X