PDA

View Full Version : Zags' Gary Bell Jr. returning the favor at local basketball camp

TimboZag
06-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Nice article in The Daily News (Longview, WA):

http://tdn.com/preps/zags-gary-bell-jr-returning-the-favor-at-local-basketball/article_dda04fd8-ddf6-11e2-bd4c-001a4bcf887a.html

http://tdn.com/preps/zags-gary-bell-jr-returning-the-favor-at-local-basketball/article_dda04fd8-ddf6-11e2-bd4c-001a4bcf887a.html

sittingon50
06-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Nice article. Thanks timbo.

DixieZag
06-26-2013, 09:41 AM
I love absolutely everything about this guy.

He is everything we would want in the "student athlete" - true Zag.

I also would not be surprised if he is a head coach somewhere some day - I would be more surprised if he doesn't.

cjm720
06-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Dixie, you beat me to it. What a great person and ambassador for our university.

HenneZag
06-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Along with GB and the other guys, Pangos is always involved with this kind of events locally and in Canada, if he wasn't at the Nike camp in New Jersey he would be there.

Great People first and foremost, lucky to have them.

windycityzag
06-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Even when touring all around the country doing 10 workouts with NBA teams, Elias still took the time to visit St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Pretty funny seeing him with his former WCC nemesis Brandon Davies.

maynard g krebs
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
I love the quote about GB being ready to take on a leadership role, and the team going more uptempo.

We will see him become the bigtime scorer he is capable of being before he is through.

Zagdawg
06-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Way to make a difference Gary!

Great representative for the Zag program.

bartruff1
06-26-2013, 07:26 PM
These exceptional young men attending Gonzaga has got to be more than a coincidence .... I suspect that character is a significant part of the recruiting effort. Not just a get the best players possible and win .....

SWZag
06-26-2013, 11:09 PM
These exceptional young men attending Gonzaga has got to be more than a coincidence .... I suspect that character is a significant part of the recruiting effort. Not just a get the best players possible and win .....

Agreed.

It's nice to have Rem bringing the guys back home and them volunteering to help the youngsters. These kids will think the same about Gary as he does with Nate and Brandon. Kids will always remember these guys at these camps.

Rangerzag
06-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Agreed.

It's nice to have Rem bringing the guys back home and them volunteering to help the youngsters. These kids will think the same about Gary as he does with Nate and Brandon. Kids will always remember these guys at these camps.

I am guessing Rem is showing off some smaller town hospitality.

Oregonzagnut
06-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Great article. Bakamus and Dranginis are also instructors at that camp.

His reputation as a lockdown defender has allowed Zagsí coach Mark Few to assign Bell to guard the opposing teamís toughest offensive threat.

And some here think that didn't against the Shockers?

Character and chemistry is huge for Few. It is a team, and if they can't get along and compliment each other, it doesn't work very well.

hooter73
06-27-2013, 07:39 AM
as disappointed as myself and others were with Bells (injury plagued) play last year, i wouldnt want anyone else but him. He started as an intelligent and respectful young kid and has only grown from there. maybe hes ready to shake off the timid play and really go out there and stick it to some teams.

Nice little confirmation about uptempo changes with small ball lineup... and that Nunez being a contributor.

Oregonzagnut
06-27-2013, 07:48 AM
maybe hes ready to shake off the timid play and really go out there and stick it to some teams.

Yes, Bell's offense was timid all year. But the whole team played timid against SU and WSU. I think Few is timid, so it trickles down. Maybe conservative is a better word?