PDA

View Full Version : Land 3 more for 2014

ZagaZags
06-24-2013, 01:14 AM
1. Malik Pope - Not going to be easy
2. Brekkott Chapman- Has offers from Arizona, ASU, BYU, Colorado, Gonzaga, Utah and Utah St.
3. Reid Travis- Visiting next week.
4. Josh Perkins- Visited.
5. Jordan McLaughlin- Coaches visited him at home.
6. Casey Benson- Has BCS offers
7. Namon Wright- Friends with Josh Perkins.
8. Kameron Chatman- Offers from Arizona, ASU, Cal, GU, Memphis, Michigan, Oregon, Oregon St, Stanford, UW, WSU.
9. Donaven Dorsey- Has high interest in Gonzaga. Friends with Silas Melson.

I would be happy with two.

Not sure but Bryan Alberts and Iziahiah Sweeney seem to be off Zags radar. ( Gonzaga offered both )

Others : Trey Kell, Sandy Cohen, Ronnie Harrell, Goodluck Okonoboh ( Good luck ) Thomas Welsh, Isaiah Baily and Sabonis.

Worthington
06-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Add Sabonis' kid to that list, I think he's a 2014

HenneZag
06-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Reid/Sabonis/Dorsey and a slasher would be nice. Melson is more of the 2 guard mold. So a guard that can really penetrate, create angles and kick would be nice (Perkins/McLaughlin).

MDABE80
06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't think we'll get him if the only reason is that GU's been on him the longest. WOW though......Nice if he came with Reid.
http://westcoastconvo.com/2013/06/21/malik-pope-gonzaga-basketball-recruiting/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Hot%2BTopics

ZagNative
06-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks to SSF for the twitter feed to this story (http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sports/high_school/attention-getter-seymours-cohen-drawing-scholarship-offers), which indicates that Sandy Cohen has the Zags in his top three, along with Marquette and Minnesota.
Cohen, who noted schools are projecting him to be a point guard or a shooting guard, said his dream growing up was to become a Division I college basketball player. After this spring, there’s no question about it, his dream will come true.

Among the schools who have offered Cohen are Green Bay, Marquette, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Gonzaga, Auburn, Creighton and Purdue this past week. Cohen is enjoying the recruiting process. Murphy said Cohen's top three appear to be Marquette, Minnesota and Gonzaga.

sittingon50
06-24-2013, 01:01 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=6938793

BobZag
06-24-2013, 02:20 PM
In my perfect world:

Melson
+ Reid
+ Perkins
+ Sabonis

So tempting to want others but gotta stick to 13.

Malastein
06-24-2013, 02:37 PM
In my perfect world:

Melson
+ Reid
+ Perkins
+ Sabonis

So tempting to want others but gotta stick to 13.

And what happens with Wiltjier?

ZagaZags
06-24-2013, 02:47 PM

We have 4 scholarships for 2014. We had 5 but Melson got the 1st of 5.( If we don't sign a player for 2013 we will have 4 more to go.)
I wish we could find a 1 year PF for 2013.

BobZag
06-24-2013, 02:48 PM

Nike will conjure up a 16th scholie somehow. :D

MTZag03
06-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Agree with BZ. There is just this sinking feeling in my stomach that somehow Oregon will get Wiltjer and have an entire team of power forwards.

GorgeZag
06-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Oregon has one spot left pending a Brazilian bigs SAT score. Plus Moser and Armandi are just 1 year guys so plenty of PT there to be had after his redshirt.
All that said, I think he picks the Zags.

ZagaZags
06-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Anyone know where he went?

TheGonzagaFactor
06-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Brekkott Chapman would be a huge get. We could realistically land him... incredibly skilled big.

Oregonzagnut
06-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Oregon fans are fanatics and Nike gives big bucks to use Oregon's AD and student athletes as guinea pigs. Not to mention the "advertising investment" they get by providing the gear. Recruiting violations are small potatoes for Oregon and Nike.

the fact is, if money, fame, and ego stroking are the most important things in a kids life, then Few doesn't want him. Few doesn't see that in Wiltjer, nor do I. WI think he wants a type of fulfillment he couldn't get at Kentucky and without being constantly under a judgemental microscope and being recruited over. I think whatever made him choose Kentucky, he will find the closer substitute with similar hoopla at Oregon, not at GU.

So I hope he is wanting to erase the entire idea of that big pond hoopla and big name schools to fulfill his career . He should focus on himself, his education and his basketball at a small private Jesuit school.

GorgeZag
06-26-2013, 09:08 PM
I think he will come here.
That said the Ducks are still waiting on a Brazilian bigs SAT scores to even see if they have a scholly available. Altman seems to have a pretty good grip on things down there. Not a whole lot of "ego stroking" going on, that's why Jabari Brown transferred to Mizzou a couple years back.
Wiltjer can't go wrong with either choice. Both are great programs, great coaches, close to home, and a pretty decent shot to get to the tournament.

ZagaZags
06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
I really dislike UCLA.

cggonzaga
06-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Brekkott Chapman would be a huge get. We could realistically land him... incredibly skilled big.

thought I read awhile back he's all but committed to Utah.

ZagaZags
06-26-2013, 11:33 PM
thought I read awhile back he's all but committed to Utah.

Is the favorite at this time. Not sure why.

ZagaZags
07-15-2013, 11:17 PM

Is on Brekkott Chapman hard. So is Arizona.

ZagaZags
08-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Is the favorite at this time. Not sure why.

True again.