PDA

View Full Version : Mix and match

Vanzagger
06-19-2013, 02:53 PM
All this recruiting talk and we have forgot to do the hundreds of summer time starting/rotation threads. So I am going to do something I am not proud of and start my own.

Pg.......kp,gbj,kd

Sg.......gbj,kd,gc

Sf/W.....gc,db,an,lm

Pf........sd,an,lm

C.........pk,re

My least favorite lineup should be locked away forever. If you want to go small slide your forwards down to center, not pg's down to forward.

If its me, a couple of these 10 guys only play in certain situations i.e foul trouble/blow outs

MTZag03
06-19-2013, 04:12 PM
We're going small

PG: Pangos - Stocks/Bakamus

SG: Bell - Pangos/Drainginis/Coleman/Barham

SF: Coleman - Barham/Nunez/Drainginis

PF: Dower - Meikle/Nunez

C: Karnowski - Dower

RS year for RE

I wonder actually how we'll work Coleman and Nunez in together. It seems like a deadly combo...maybe Coleman at 3 and Nunez at 4, although that's small ball. So maybe it will be Coleman at 2 and Nunez at 3? Either way, I think a 5 minute stretch of that could be something that could really mess with other teams.

HenneZag
06-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Don't think we have the luxury to RS him, don't really have the depth.

B LAKE ZAG
06-19-2013, 05:31 PM
We're going small

PG: Pangos - Stocks/Bakamus

SG: Bell - Pangos/Drainginis/Coleman/Barham

SF: Coleman - Barham/Nunez/Drainginis

PF: Dower - Meikle/Nunez

C: Karnowski - Dower

RS year for RE

I wonder actually how we'll work Coleman and Nunez in together. It seems like a deadly combo...maybe Coleman at 3 and Nunez at 4, although that's small ball. So maybe it will be Coleman at 2 and Nunez at 3? Either way, I think a 5 minute stretch of that could be something that could really mess with other teams.

I like what you have but I would have Nunez over Meikle

ZagsZombieNation
06-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Until Nunez becomes eligible I would imagine Drew Barham would be forced to play some 4. I know Barham's only 6'6 , but hey maybe Mike Hart taught him a thing or two about rebounding.

Martin Centre Mad Man
06-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Drew Barham is going to have to play a lot of 6'6" power forward. It will be like David Pendergraft covering the 4 when Josh Heytvelt was suspended. He was out of position, but we just didn't have enough big bodies for him to play his natural position. This will be our thinnest front court since Kuso was our only real center and Sean Mallon was our only true power forward.

ZagsZombieNation
06-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Drew Barham is going to have to play a lot of 6'6" power forward. It will be like David Pendergraft covering the 4 when Josh Heytvelt was suspended. He was out of position, but we just didn't have enough big bodies for him to play his natural position. This will be our thinnest front court since Kuso was our only real center and Sean Mallon was our only true power forward.

Yes but that was just the last 9 games of the 06-07 season. And Micah Downs was playing big minutes as a 6'8 stretch 4.

Speaking of Nunez, he could be similar to Downs in that they are both 6'8 3 point shooters.

Martin Centre Mad Man
06-20-2013, 03:24 AM
Yes but that was just the last 9 games of the 06-07 season. And Micah Downs was playing big minutes as a 6'8 stretch 4.

Speaking of Nunez, he could be similar to Downs in that they are both 6'8 3 point shooters.

That's a good point. Micah Downs is skinny, but deceptively strong and perfectly willing to mix it up with the big boys down low. I'd love to see Nunez develop into that type of player.

ZagsZombieNation
06-20-2013, 04:29 AM
That's a good point. Micah Downs is skinny, but deceptively strong and perfectly willing to mix it up with the big boys down low. I'd love to see Nunez develop into that type of player.

Another similarity is that both Downs and Nunez will have become eligible at Gonzaga in the middle of their sophomore year.