PDA

View Full Version : Dashan Harris to Texas A&M

BobZag
08-17-2007, 05:58 PM
=======================================

Which only reconfirms "Demetri 'Meech' Goodson" to Gonzaga when he visits. No, don't know right now when that will be...but soon.

ZagNative
08-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Rivals says Dashon has confirmed his commitment to Texas A & M (http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=703132). It's a subscription story, but the story just says it's true.

spudzag
08-18-2007, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=BobZag;59569
Which only reconfirms "Demetri 'Meech' Goodson" to Gonzaga when he visits. No, don't know right now when that will be...but soon.[/QUOTE]

That certainly does leave GU as 'Meech's' best option. So Rot visting before Meech? There certainlty aren't going to be 4 signed with 2 scholies availble, I wouldn't think any way.

Interesting to note that Tinsley has moved to #18 PG on Rival a place above Gibbs.

sittingon50
08-18-2007, 04:00 PM
You really think so Bob? Gibbs stated that the Coaches are looking at him as a 1. Even though Clarke is 5" shorter I think he is being thought of as a 2. I realize that Gibbs could easily be a 2 but I like the idea of another Blake sized PG so it seems a 2 (Clarke) would now be more of a priority than another 1 (Goodson).

ZagNut08
08-18-2007, 04:47 PM
We need a quick quick pg who can get into other teams ballhandlers and pressure them...gibbs may be good enough on D, but he is not a quick pressure defender that will be needed. We have that in Pargo (and PMAC was also pretty quick) If pargo makes the jump both bouldin and gibbs will be large gaurds but not extremely quick on defense

We often play 2 gaurds on the court at the same time, so the staff could easily pick up another true point

spudzag
08-19-2007, 07:47 PM
2 + 2 ? ;)

spudzag
08-20-2007, 10:08 AM
That's another school offering Goodson. Dominos seem to be tipping.

cggonzaga
08-20-2007, 10:41 AM
That certainly does leave GU as 'Meech's' best option. So Rot visting before Meech? There certainlty aren't going to be 4 signed with 2 scholies availble, I wouldn't think any way.

That's actually exactly the way I understand it. Goodson is pretty much a foregone conclusion to come here. If Rotnei decided on his visit here that he wanted to commit you better believe the staff would make room for him. It is possible but not highly likely considering Clarke probably won't come here.

spudzag
08-20-2007, 12:27 PM
If you subscribe to Rivals this worth reading;

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=703933

Rotnei Clarke; in the mix: Arizona State, Gonzaga, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oral Roberts

Notes: Clarke, one of the most deadly shooters in the class of 2008, has been slowed by a shoulder injury that requires him to stay close to home for rehab treatment, which keeps him off the road for visits. Oral Roberts recently hired his father, Conley, as the director of basketball operations. Kansas and Kentucky are both hoping they can land Clarke in mid-October for Midnight Madness festivities.

The well isn't exactly dry after the top five uncommitted players. The six uncommitted point guards are ranked between 20 and 31 in the class and a few could be late signees: Texan Demetri Goodson (No. 31 overall PG) round out the ranked point guards that have yet to make a decision.