PDA

View Full Version : Who is your pick to blow up next year?

tyra
06-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Enough pessimism all ready! Who is your pick to make a big leap forward next year? Who will take over games? And why do you think that? We've had plenty of players do that before (the most obvious recent example being KO but there have been many). Who will make the most surprising improvement next year?

DixieZag
06-07-2013, 09:12 PM
I was going to say that according to some of the more negative posters, if we finish higher than 6th in the conference it will be considered "blowing up" by some - what with this rag tag group of ours.

Anyway, FWIW - and I am no expert, but it seems to me that Gary Bell just has way too much talent to have another year like last year and with the added attention to Kevin - just gotta think that Gary is going to have a big year.

Last year in my "bold prediction" I thought that Gary would lead the team in scoring - bonk! - Not saying he will next year, but I could see him in the 13-14 pts/game. I just love his quiet leadership and no frills game.

webspinnre
06-07-2013, 09:27 PM
I'll take Coleman.

MTZag03
06-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Based off of Kraziness in the Kennel it has to be Coleman.

Dark horses are Nunez and Dower. I expect Karnowski to deliver.

krozman
06-07-2013, 10:04 PM
If it's not dower, we're doomed.

thespywhozaggedme
06-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Dranginis; backup sg, sf and can play point forward

BTB
06-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Karnowski, but then I don't know if we mean nationally or on this board. If he dominates then nationally I think he will be playing to his potential but on this board he will have exceeded all expectations

bartruff1
06-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Sam

zag67
06-08-2013, 05:04 AM
Dranginnis and bell. I think that you are going to see both of them improving in all areas. I personally think that this team is going to fun to watch. If we can add one more experienced big or Edwards comes in and can give 10-15 solid minutes, this team will do better than many think.

bartruff1
06-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Enough pessimism all ready! Who is your pick to make a big leap forward next year? Who will take over games? And why do you think that? We've had plenty of players do that before (the most obvious recent example being KO but there have been many). Who will make the most surprising improvement next year?

There is no cure for pessimism. We don't know if they are born that way or they choose to be that way (Nature vs Nurture) but in any case, like the poor, they will always be with us. I don't actually feel their pain.

Zagdawg
06-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Coleman will impress.

His ability to attack the basket will force defenses to collapse and leave Gary and Pangos to drain wide open threes allnight long or allow Sam/Big K to get the dish and dunk it inside.

Optimism at it's finest.

:)

Go Zags!!

cjm720
06-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Pangos

bigblahla
06-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Has to be Coleman which should really help GBJ become more aggressive with his offensive approach.

Two slashers are better than one.

Go!! Zags!!!

Goshzagit
06-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Pangos

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003141887/3833460942_i_agree_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Its in his blood. He did it at times his frosh season, and his soph season, now its HIS season.

Dickau style...

There will be games he goes 4-15, yet Pangos is ready and knows he's our guy next year. We'll be a guard oriented team with little depth in front court, thus we'll shoot plenty and run 'n gun.

Keven's innate ability to lead on-and-off the court will take another step forward in his Junior year and will be "the man". GBJ, Coleman, Dranginis, Stocks will all offer a 'change of pace', but Pangos will be logging 37 mins and scoring at will. Just watch.

GoZags
06-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Pangos to Karnowski will almost make folks forget about "Stockton to Malone".

Okay, a guy can (day) dream, right?

I'm thinking we could get better than expected seasons out of a couple of guys ...... Kevin Pangos ...... Gary Bell, Jr. ...... those two top my list and either one could "break out" and get into the "national" conversation.

It'll be fun to follow (particularly when we learn who ends up with the 2 open scholarships for '13/'14).

DixieZag
06-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Just to clarify - I interpret "blowing up" as really exceeding expectations, I have no doubt that despite high expectations, Pangos will meet them.

My pick was more due to likely decreased expectations for Bell b/c of this last season, I envision him vastly exceeding those. Just too much talent and great attitude.

hooter73
06-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Blowing up is what Morrison and KO did. Impress us more than we thought they would... the team. Bell and Pangos are now upper classmen and know what it takes to win. Colman will be a big asset we havent had in a while. KD I hope can get his shot to fall cause he has the talent, Karno will be big nasty mean... with finesse.

Oregonzagnut
06-08-2013, 10:14 AM
My hopes and what is likely are different things. What is likely is Pangos and Bell. Our backcourt will return to its roots of controlling and winning games. IMO, juniors seem to show the most improvement . My hope is any of our seniors, esp Dower. But he needs consistency and some ambidextrous post moves. He has the shooters touch but he needs to finish at the rim and take charge of the front court.

Dower or Pangos.

Martin Centre Mad Man
06-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Coleman. We need him to be a player who can take over a game from the wing when the rest of the offense bogs down.

scott257
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I predict Drew Barham is going to surprise everyone. He learned a lot about hustle from Mike Hart and it is going to be clearly evident this season. Plus he will be a deep threat that Mike Hart never was. Think back to the last four or five games of the season. I know I am not the only one that was surprised to see a good hustle play and realize that it was Drew and not Mike.

jpwils
06-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Karnowski

Coleman

Barham

In this order

MDABE80
06-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Has to be the guards. Complicating that is that we've lost our low post bigs. Not sure who will. My guess (and hope) is that Coleman, Bell and Dranginis come up big. Frankly they'll have to.