PDA

View Full Version : Draft rankings: 6-6-13

MDABE80
06-06-2013, 09:59 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/6/5/4399502/kelly-olynyk-scouting-report-nba-draft-2013

DixieZag
06-07-2013, 04:47 AM
With that service ranking him at being drafted 24th - wonder if he would have reconsidered staying if he thought he would be drafted at that position.

I guess it doesn't really matter, seems to me that whether he came out this year or next he would likely be drafted in the same spot - it's not like he could have demonstrated much he didn't already show.

Plus, seems to me that his age would hurt him slightly - seems NBA guys just love drafting 19 year olds and praying they make a huge jump.

jazzdelmar
06-07-2013, 05:38 AM
With that service ranking him at being drafted 24th - wonder if he would have reconsidered staying if he thought he would be drafted at that position.

I guess it doesn't really matter, seems to me that whether he came out this year or next he would likely be drafted in the same spot - it's not like he could have demonstrated much he didn't already show.

Plus, seems to me that his age would hurt him slightly - seems NBA guys just love drafting 19 year olds and praying they make a huge jump.

I recall the Olynyk camp saying 15 in the draft was the break point for leaving/staying. Looks like he may fall well below that. Moot point. Good luck to K and his family, this is what they wanted all along.

webspinnre
06-07-2013, 05:49 AM

That service? Are we now using the sbnation group as a scouting service?

BTB
06-07-2013, 07:16 AM

Apparently. Regardless of where he gets drafted, he would likely be drafted lower in next years draft.

ehk 21
06-07-2013, 09:24 AM
When evaluating where a prospect is going to go in the draft, it is much better to look at every analysis or mock draft as opposed to only one. If you look at EVERY mock draft and take an average of where all the data suggests that Kelly might go, you will see that he falls between 9 and 17 in 95% of all databases. Historically, this kind of analysis is an excellent predictor of where a prospect will land. I think it is extremely likely that Kelly will end up being chosen between 9 and 17. Could he be chosen 24th? Yes. But, using some of the statistical models I've seen, the probability of such a low choice isn't all that great.

gu03alum
06-07-2013, 09:37 AM
I wish the Bullets hadn't gotten the third pick in the draft. I would have liked to see him out here in DC. I don't think they will take him that high.

DixieZag
06-07-2013, 09:49 AM

Well, I don't know what else you wanna call it.

Just making an observation, I hope the absolute best for him - and I agree with the poster about averages.

Too bad they don't draft based upon being an all-around great guy, seems like he does well in that area.