PDA

View Full Version : Namon Wright

ZagaZags
06-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Namon Wright is a player Gonzaga is after. Just found out he is an Adidas guy. Hope we still have a chance. Perkins & Travis for the win.

HenneZag
06-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Haven't heard much on him regarding Gonzaga for the past year or so. A great player, would love to have him.

Good Looking Player:

http://youtu.be/k5NO3BMsOnY

cjm720
06-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Love this kids game...might be tough to get out of Cali.

KStyles
06-06-2013, 08:09 AM
There was an article on CBS on him I believe on Monday about him not playing the best at the Pangos Camp, said he wanted to visit GU, FSU & UCLA soon. Link incoming once I find it again.

KStyles
06-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Not sure which school(s) he was talking about that he was supposed to already visit.

Wright has offers from USC, UCLA, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Oregon State, Florida State, Gonzaga, Washington and Vanderbilt, while Texas, Florida and Connecticut are all showing interest.

He wants to take trips to UCLA and Florida State, and he is hoping visit Gonzaga soon.

“I'm not sure when,” Wright said. “We were supposed to already visit, but it didn't pan out.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22351157/fourstar-wing-namon-wright-taking-time-with-process

Oregonzagnut
06-06-2013, 08:45 AM
said he wanted to visit GU, FSU & UCLA soon.

Looks like that loss to Wichita just totally wiped out our recruiting forever. Too bad....we had a good run.:explode:

Oh and since Oly, Harris and Hart were on the team that lost to The Shockers looks like no one wants them.:roll:

Oh and since Few was the head coach that lost to the Shockers, I guess Gonzaga is keeping him out of pity.:lmao:

Seriously, as much as that loss stung, 2012-13 is our greatest season ever. And that shows sustained growth in recruiting, scheduling, and our staffs coaching and training regimen. Recruits are lining up at the door and Few has to find the cream of the crop.

Reborn
06-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Seriously, as much as that loss stung, 2012-13 is our greatest season ever.

This is seriously debatable, and Im sure that it will be for a long time. Personally, I would say that it was not our greatest season ever. I would say that we did make it to the top of the polls, which does set this team apart from others. But I do not think that the had the toughest season ever. The WCC was certainly not as strong as it is some years. And we have had tougher OOC schedules, imo. Unfortunately, a second round loss in the NCAA tournament really did ruin an otherwise very good year. Had they made it to at least the Sweet 16 then they would have a stronger case for who is the best Zag team ever.

Good luck to the staff on landing Wright. The staff has some good recruits still on board, but mainly guards. Gonzaga seems to remain Guard U. Yet, it is the post players who are making it to the NBA in recent years. If I were a post player my first choice would be GU. I believe the coaching staff has done a tremendous job with them.

HenneZag
06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
I agree that we need to add the bigs here in the next coming years. Reid Travis fits this mold so I am hoping we land him, great player!

hooter73
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
6'5 175
4 star
shooting guard/wing hybrid

Rivals (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Namon-Wright-131239)

Scout (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5673372)

ESPN (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/126010/namon-wright)

hooter73
06-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Perkins, Wright, Travis and Pope would be a dream team. Get Small in 2015, yeah...

ZagZombie
06-06-2013, 10:41 AM
I agree that we need to add the bigs here in the next coming years. Reid Travis fits this mold so I am hoping we land him, great player!

Speaking of post players is Goodluck Okonoboh completely out of question now? Or do we still have a shot at him?

ZagaZags
06-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Speaking of post players is Goodluck Okonoboh completely out of question now? Or do we still have a shot at him?

Last I heard a few months ago Syracuse had inside track.

ZAGGED OUT
06-06-2013, 11:09 AM
OZN you sure know how to sugar coat things. Visits don't mean a thing til they sign. Keep telling yourself that this season actually improved things, just cause we have high recruits LOOKING at us. Til they sign, it's just speculation. Can't really judge how last season affected us til the 14' class commits. We've put all our eggs into that class and we'll find out when we see where they go.

hooter73
06-06-2013, 11:53 AM
OZN you sure know how to sugar coat things. Visits don't mean a thing til they sign. Keep telling yourself that this season actually improved things, just cause we have high recruits LOOKING at us. Til they sign, it's just speculation. Can't really judge how last season affected us til the 14' class commits. We've put all our eggs into that class and we'll find out when we see where they go.

Can we please not crap on this thread too and keep it to the Perkins one? please?

Oregonzagnut
06-06-2013, 12:23 PM

Actually I am not sugar coating anything. ZO, you are speculating too. Shall I remind those who know (loathe) me about my opinions? See my past posts about UCLA, Obama, GUB post counting, Meech, Salinas, Islam, Mark Few's "imperfections", and our education/welfare system? Shall I go on?

IMO, I state my beliefs without any concern for politics or hurt feelings.

I honestly believe Perkins will see we just had the best season ever:

#1 ranking = highest ever = highest possible ranking.
#1 seed in tourney = our best ever
32 wins = our best ever
3 losses = our fewest ever
18-0 in WCC = best ever best possible

Plus the national attention given to the development of Oly and Hart took our program and Fews image to a new level. With just cause, the media is skeptical about his ability to coach in crunch time on the biggest stage. Yes Gonzaga needs a deep run to make it all matter, and Few needs it too to cap off and prove his career. Deep tourney runs are much of why we even try. Ask Dan Marino and Jim Kelly about dominating but then not winning the big one. Few needs it more than anyone.

As for the OP on Perkins, when he or any recruit says "I didn't choose Gonzaga because they can't make a deep run." then let me know.

Gonzaga is an elite top 25 program.

ZagaZags
06-09-2013, 10:17 PM
That Namon Wright is friends with Josh Perkins.