PDA

View Full Version : Let's Not Forget Casey Benson

BobZag
06-02-2013, 09:18 AM
While Josh Perkins is the Ace of Diamonds we'd all love to see on board the Zagtrain, Casey Benson is the Jack of Hearts.

This kid can seriously ball.

jazzdelmar
06-02-2013, 09:21 AM
While Josh Perkins is the Ace of Diamonds we'd all love to see on board the Zagtrain, Casey Benson is the Jack of Hearts.

Beezer, sounds like a made up name.

azzagfan
06-02-2013, 10:14 AM
I was hopeful on Chapman from Utah as well...he also visited UCLA on Friday (same day as Perkins). I have a feeling Steve Alford may be in the process of taking his picks out west at his new home.

Maybe, we should get in the recruitment of 2015 Malek Harwell from Pocatello, ID. That's not so far from Spokane (9ish hours).
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1509883&PT=4&PR=2 (under He's Got Game)

azzagfan
06-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Rivals also saying we offered 2014 7'0" Thomas Welsh out of LA area.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Thomas-Welsh-145146

azzagfan
06-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Sorry, here's the link to the report of the offer and other notes from day 2 of the Pangos All-American Camp.
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1511409

Birddog
06-02-2013, 10:39 AM

Robby's kid? The ol man could ball.

hondo
06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
" The ol man could ball."
But the ol man's game was limited to one on one.

jazzdelmar
06-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Robby's kid? The ol man could ball.

"All the way up with a red hot poker."

bartruff1
06-02-2013, 11:58 AM
I forgot....who is Casey Benson ?

jazzdelmar
06-02-2013, 12:03 PM

One on One second best high school sports flick to All the Right Moves.

jazzdelmar
06-02-2013, 12:06 PM

Kent's kid? That would be fine. Just another name, another hyped up bio, more breathless recruiting news. Call me when someone actually, you know, signs.

SLOZag
06-02-2013, 12:43 PM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Casey-Benson-120495

Worthington
06-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Are we still involved? I haven't seen us linked to him in a while.

coolhandzag
06-02-2013, 01:18 PM

No. There are credibility straining posts and then there is the abyss. Nothing Tom Cruise has done is better than Hoop Dreams nor are any other high school sports oriented movies.

jazzdelmar
06-02-2013, 01:36 PM
No. There are credibility straining posts and then there is the abyss. Nothing Tom Cruise has done is better than Hoop Dreams nor are any other high school sports oriented movies.

Hoop Dreams was a doc, hello! Cruise and the supporting cast like Nelson and Penn were awesome, the movie was shot and written brilliantly. This was Cruise pre Scientology. If you've ever been to rust belt Pennsylvania you would have an appreciation for the movie. Abyss indeed.

coolhandzag
06-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Hoop Dreams was a doc, hello! Cruise and the supporting cast like Nelson and Penn were awesome, the movie was shot and written brilliantly. This was Cruise pre Scientology. If you've ever been to rust belt Pennsylvania you would have an appreciation for the movie. Abyss indeed.

I understand and appreciate your points. C.T. Nelson is one of may favorites. If only be it is because he is from Spokane.

I have been to the Steel Belt of Pennsylvania. Only to visit for a short time, so probably not as long as you. There are a handful of regions that have felt the crushing effects of a cyclical (downward) economy. Good people.

Hoop Dreams is indeed a documentary, and a superior product to ATRM.

bartruff1
06-02-2013, 02:14 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Casey-Benson-120495

Poor Casey....apparently Yahoo forgot him also...

maynard g krebs
06-02-2013, 02:33 PM

1) Hoosiers
2) Friday Night Lights

jazzdelmar
06-02-2013, 03:13 PM
1) Hoosiers
2) Friday Night Lights

Hoosiers is more adored but its really more a fable than a realistic look at HS sports, hormones and polItics like ATRM. Friday Night Lights is more a doc as well. Different strokes I guess. MOVES has a great theme song I will say that.

JAGzag
06-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Hoosiers is more adored but its really more a fable than a realistic look at HS sports, hormones and polItics like ATRM. Friday Night Lights is more a doc as well. Different strokes I guess. MOVES has a great theme song I will say that.

Varsity Blues.

EEzag
06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
What, no Vision Quest?

DixieZag
06-02-2013, 05:48 PM
What, no Vision Quest?

One of the best soundtracks of any sports movie. Plus, I was just the right age (as many males of my generation) to feel the first stirring of something from the girl in that movie.

The Spokane scenes were well done also.

SLOZag
06-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I was just the right age (as many males of my generation) to feel the first stirring of something from the girl in that movie.

Madonna Louise Ciccone?

sittingon50
06-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Come on boys & girls!

Take Down.

A (younger) Edward Hermann & (21 yr. old HS Student) Lorenzo Lamas, Marsha Brady (Maureen McCormick) & Animal House's Kent Dorfman (Stephan Furst)

IMHO a cast & plot rivaled only by the Ten Commandments.

A film classic!

;)

tucsonzag
06-03-2013, 10:09 AM
One of the best soundtracks of any sports movie. Plus, I was just the right age (as many males of my generation) to feel the first stirring of something from the girl in that movie.

The Spokane scenes were well done also.

Amazing soundtrack. 80s classic. Madonna at the Big Foot Tavern. Best movie ever filmed in Spokane by far.

And it has this line - "She's got all the best things I like in girls and all the best things I like in guys."