PDA

View Full Version : 2016 pg Payton Pritchard

maynard g krebs
05-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Led West Linn to the Oregon 6A (biggest schools) title as a fr, averaging 11 pts and NINE ASSISTS per game.

Saw a post on a Duck site that he made the national developmental team. GU, Oregon, Butler recruiting him among others. Interest from Indiana, Ohio State, Notre Dame. 6'0, 170 as a fr and growing. Father is Terry Pritchard, 6'5 tight end on Oklahoma's 1985 nat'l champ fb team and could have played D1 bb.

Anybody in Oregon seen this kid? Sounds special.

75Zag
05-28-2013, 03:36 PM
I have seen him play AAU ball. His family has been marketing him since he was 9 years old, which I guess is how it is done these days but it gives me the creeps. Here is a video of him playing 9-10 year old AAU ball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43yFsDA5pl0

I am a pre-Twitter dinosaur, but I liked the good old old days when players were recruited based on their Junior and Senior HS seasons.

Go Bulldogs!

maynard g krebs
05-28-2013, 06:29 PM
I have seen him play AAU ball. His family has been marketing him since he was 9 years old, which I guess is how it is done these days but it gives me the creeps. Here is a video of him playing 9-10 year old AAU ball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43yFsDA5pl0

I am a pre-Twitter dinosaur, but I liked the good old old days when players were recruited based on their Junior and Senior HS seasons.

Go Bulldogs!

Any impressions of him as a player?

Oregonzagnut
05-28-2013, 06:38 PM
He actually reminds me of Pangos. He needs 3-4 inches but he can shoot and has good court awareness.

Can't say I am sold on anyone that Gonzaga hasn't specifically shown interest in. I am not that great at judging potential.

75Zag
05-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Any impressions of him as a player?

My impression is that he is a solid well coached kid. Nothing I have seen in watching him caused me to stand up and shout "Magic Johnson is back", but I think he has a B to a B+ upside. Not particularly quick or clever in his passing or in his approach to the basket, but in my experience, good genes + good coaching + good attitude usually pays dividends. I agree with OregonZN that his shooting looks pretty good for his age.

I wish him well wherever he plays.

Speaking of AAU ball, the Rose City Showcase sponsored by my friends at Nike is next weekend (June 7 - 9). Great opportunity to watch young AAU prospects as well as kids moving from HS to college in the next year or two. I will be there. Just look for the guy wearing GU colors who looks a lot like George Clooney - give or take 100 pounds and 30 years. And I might accidentally have a cooler full of local microbrews in my car. Join me!

Go Bulldogs!