PDA

View Full Version : Luke M putting in some work

duper
05-28-2013, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOzlGZsCn3U&feature=youtu.be

bostonzagfan
05-28-2013, 12:54 PM
here's another one, has probably been posted before since it's from 2011 (his soph year if fall, fr year if in the spring).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_JbAoH71pQ

looks like small competition, but if I'm not mistaken I saw him finish with both hands, and this was two years ago.

he looks bigger and stronger in the first video posted. i like what I see.

hooter73
05-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Sweat's drippin.

Worthington
05-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Meikle's got some Gordon Hayward in his game, I'm a fan. Give him a year to work on his quickness and athleticism and who knows how good he could be. Pretty looking jump shot... I had him pegged as a face up 4 originally, but looks more like a small forward to me now.

cjm720
05-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Link didn't work for me. Well it did, but the video didn't work.

hooter73
05-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Hes working on what needs to be worked on. Handles, creating his shot, timing around the rim. Drink about three protein shakes a day with 2 weight room workouts every day and the kid will show us he can play.

Zagdawg
05-28-2013, 02:32 PM
The work he is putting in looks good-- keep up the work!

HenneZag
05-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Obviously the staff saw something they liked and hopefully can develop. This kid could be a very good and a suprising player for GU...very lengthy, can shoot, just hoping he gains some needed weight so that he can compete at the boards.

You can see that his footwork needs some help, but I like the potential he has. I wonder if he is done growing yet,I remember KO going through a nice growth spurt and it took him a couple of years to get the balance he needed.

thespywhozaggedme
05-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Does he go by Luke or Lucas, or either/or?

Goshzagit
05-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Nice to see him putting in the work as he still has a long LONG way to go to see court time at GU and that is just fine...

His handles are loose and way too high, he's rail thin(almost dangerously so), and he can dribble faster than his feet can follow at this juncture.

He has nice attributes, long(and uses it pretty well, a nice high, nifty looking jumper, and seems to glide decently to the hoop.

He needs a RS year in the worst way and then some serious college coaching/strength training/footwork/etc.

Meikle has the ability to become a good-looking prospect as a hybrid forward/wing, but that day will be 2-3 yrs from now. He has the work ethic, so that is a great sign.

He should not see the floor, whether or not we secure another big, b/c it'd be concerning given his body and lack of strength. He could get seriously injured with how skinny, even bony in legs AND arms. Let him grow up a bit.

MTZag03
05-28-2013, 05:57 PM
As a skinny guy myself I'm less worried about his injury potential. Spink did alright, as did Downs. If he's playing the 2 or 3 it's a non-issue. If he's playing the 4 it could really affect his defense.

And I agree he needs a RS year. However, he looks polished enough to play spot minutes to give some of our other bigs some rest without being a liability. I'd love to get some breakdown of his D.

TheGonzagaFactor
05-28-2013, 09:34 PM
That game winner he hit at the end of the second video (Vegas 2011) was phenomenal. I'm not guaranteeing this guy will be a star or anything, but I do think he will be a pleasant surprise with some serious upside potential.

flytiezag
05-29-2013, 01:46 PM
The skinny kid named Morrison did quit well without a redshirt year.Luke may never be as talented but is 10# lighter than Morrison weight probably not as big of a problem.

cjm720
05-29-2013, 01:48 PM
The skinny kid named Morrison did quit well without a redshirt year.Luke may never be as talented but is 10# lighter than Morrison weight probably not as big of problem.

Weight training and confidence will be key for Meikle. I really like him as a prospect and expect him to suprise a lot of folks.

Morrison might have been one of the more confident scorers I've seen from day 1.

FieldHouseFishHouse
05-30-2013, 11:08 AM
That game winner he hit at the end of the second video (Vegas 2011) was phenomenal. I'm not guaranteeing this guy will be a star or anything, but I do think he will be a pleasant surprise with some serious upside potential.

I see your one clutch shot and raise you another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Ba7ijlzJSUY

Zagdawg
05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Nicely done--i'm thinking he can handle a little pressure :)

TheGonzagaFactor
05-30-2013, 04:07 PM
I see your one clutch shot and raise you another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Ba7ijlzJSUY

Well played :)

Dude is simply a Zag.