PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report:10 Best Backcourts

sittingon50
05-24-2013, 06:28 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1648464-ranking-the-10-best-ncaa-basketball-backcourts-for-2013-14-season/page/3

ZagNative
05-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Come on, SittingOn50.... Why would I want to read what some high school junior has to say about college hoops?

You're killing me with this Bleacher Report junk.

jazzdelmar
05-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Make it stop.

GoZags
05-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Come on, SittingOn50.... Why would I want to read what some high school junior has to say about college hoops?

You're killing me with this Bleacher Report junk.

I don't know, ZN ..... the guy has a Journalism degree (07) from the University of Kansas and has written for the Kansas City Star.

I'll wait to read what 530 has to say about the "Zag Bias" before I finalize my opinion on the piece.

maynard g krebs
05-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Warning label on the packaging follows surgeon general's guidelines. No need to open or inhale contents.

Shouldn't be a problem.

webspinnre
05-24-2013, 07:19 PM
I don't know, ZN ..... the guy has a Journalism degree (07) from the University of Kansas and has written for the Kansas City Star.

I'll wait to read what 530 has to say about the "Zag Bias" before I finalize my opinion on the piece.

That's the thing. BR hires some legitimate journalists, and supplements with random people. You never know if you're getting the real deal or not.

GoZags
05-24-2013, 07:23 PM
That's the thing. BR hires some legitimate journalists, and supplements with random people. You never know if you're getting the real deal or not.

Yes. That is true.

In this case the words "National Lead Writer" appear next to his name. I suppose he could be a Junior High kid, "National Lead Writer" seems to have some credibility. That's why I looked the guy up.

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-24-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure why anyone has a problem with the credentials of the author.

C.J. Moore is the College Basketball National Lead Writer at Bleacher Report. His work has appeared in the Kansas City Star, the Denver Post, Basketball Prospectus, MLB.com and NBCSports.com. He also writes regularly at his blog, NeedISayMoore.com. He was formerly a blogger at CBSSports.com where he covered the Big 12 and Kansas City Chiefs. You can follow him on twitter @cjmoore4.

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Follow Jimmy Spencer's stuff on Bleached Report. He's excellent.

sittingon50
05-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Native. I keep getting all these emails. It's like poor Chekov after Khan put that Scorpion-like thingy in his ear. I have little or no control.

*Amid all these emails, I am now frantically waiting for the same coupon Spy got!!

RRZagFan
05-24-2013, 07:52 PM
If you go to CNN website, Bleacher Report has replaced Sports Illustrated when you click on the sports tab. So I believe the people writing for it have to be doing a better job.

Oregonzagnut
05-24-2013, 08:23 PM
I have found the bleacher report to be just as agreeable or disagreeable as any other sports news media like at SI, ESPN and SR.

The walmarts of the world always overshadow a lot of really good local products and craftsmen. I think we at GUboards got critical of the bleacher report because they came here not as fans but as salesmen or journalists to generate interest and readers. I guess having a great program attracts people. Go figure.

Malastein
05-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Bleacher Report definitely started out with a lot of jibberish, but you can the editors had a long term plan to put together a higher level of output. I think as time goes on they have the chance to be as respected as some of the main stream stuff. There's a couple of clowns on ESPN which don't belong making commentary, and perhaps the BR will avoid that entertainment view fluff.

Pargo the Destroyer
05-24-2013, 11:18 PM
So quick to judge. Set in her old ways I guess. Damn youngsters and their damn opinions!

ridgebackzag
05-25-2013, 01:30 AM
They are pushing BR a lot during the NBA Playoffs on TNT this year. BR must be getting funding for bringing in credible sportswriters. You have to start somewhere.

KStyles
05-25-2013, 01:47 AM
They are pushing BR a lot during the NBA Playoffs on TNT this year. BR must be getting funding for bringing in credible sportswriters. You have to start somewhere.

Turner bought BR...if you click sports on CNN.com now, it takes you to BR.